Come Back to Me

Brother and sister

As we both jog along the park I enjoy the silence, it's too early for people to be out.

"Did you have a nightmare last night?" Mel asks inbetween breaths.

"Yeah.." I whisper. I don't talk to her about it much, I feel silly. "Why?"

"You were louder than usual, that's all."

"You hear me?" I ask feeling myself going red.

"Sometimes.." We jog in silence the rest of the way.

After my jog I take a long walk to mom and dads houses. it's been a week since I last saw them. I don't have the best relationship with them, they are quite old fashioned.

"Hey mom, hey dad." I yell as I go through the hall into the living room.

"Hello amy. You look all sweaty, what have you been doing?" Mom asks.

"My morning jog, like always." I remind her.

"Oh what a waste of time! You could be doing something a little more productive!"

"Like what?" I ask. "Ironing?" I joke.. She rolls her eyes and walks away in to the kitchen.

"You still have mail coming here, you best get your address changed." She remarks as she hands me my mail. I moved out last year, I don't get why mail would still come here.

"Huh, I thought i did.. Always one I guess." I mutter and open the envelope.

"Your father is out playing golf. Help me fold the sheets please?" She asks as I half open the envelope. I set it down and do as she asks.

"Hey, why don't you go out and do something fun?" I ask, knowing what the answer will be.

"Don't be silly. I have work to do here, this place is a mess." I look around me, it looks pretty clean to me.

"Ok.." I whisper. After folding the sheets mom takes the pile of sheets and heads upstairs to put them away into her neatly compiled drawers. I swear she has OCD. While she's gone I can finally open the letter, the address is handwritten.

It reads:

Dear Amy

I hope my letter got to you well. I don't know where to begin, but before I do, please make sure you are on your own as you read this. My name is Tom. And if my research is correct, and I hope that it is, otherwise this will be a waste of time and effort and you will obviously get the biggest fright of your life for no reason at all, you and I are brother and sister (twins). When we were born you were taken and raised by another family, a couple. I know you won't believe it, it can't be true, right? But I am almost 100% sure that it's you. Your name was Ciara Swanson. Find evidence, do research, prove that I am right!

My phone number - 02736482827.
My address, if you want it, is 123 Baird street, California.

Please, believe me.

Tom.