Come Back to Me

Ugly tree

"I bet you say that to all the ladies!" I wink. I feel like Alex and I can be flirty but friendly at the same time. Maybe we're just becoming really good friends and feeling relaxed around each other. I shouldn't mind that he likes Mel, because we seem to be getting along, he's Toms best friend, and maybe he will be mine too.

"Ha ha. Actually no, but I should. It's a pretty good chat up line." I sigh and hit his arm. Alex laughs and hits me back.

"You hitting my sister??" Tom jokes as he leaves the kitchen, sitting on the floor in front of us.

"I bet she could kick my ass, unlike you!" Alex kids. Tom looks stunned, and stands up, waving for me to join him.

"Amy, stand beside me a minute will you?"

"Ok.. I already know I'm taller than you." I say as I stand beside him, and Alex and Mel laugh at my comment, leaving tom red faces.

"Yeah, by, an inch or something." He hits back.

"Ok guys. Is there any similarities between us, at all?" I think. Tom is disappointed that we're not identical.

"Not our posture or anything stupid like that. Do we have the same nose, eyes, hair??" Mel stands at the kitchen door holding her wine, smoking her cigarette, nit really paying much attention. Alex is still sitting in the couch folding his arms, examining us. He then stands in front of us to get a closer look.

"Hmmm...." He whispers.

"Well??" Tom asks. Alex stares at him for what feels like ages.

"Hmmm.." He says again.

"You're starting to weird me out man!" Tom jokes and I burst out laughing. Alex then stands in front of me, staring. I'm going red faced again, I can feel it. As he stills stares at me, he says "Well tom, I can definitely tell you that you must have fell hard of that ugly tree." I try to hold back my laughter as Tom curses at him.

"Ok ok I'm kidding! Well, no I'm not kidding but there are similarities. You both have the same eyes. And you both have a little mole on your neck." Alex touches my neck and shows Tom where my mole is. He's standing only inches away from my face, I can't stand it. Tom touches his own neck to feel.

"Huh... Cool!"