Come Back to Me

Stay at Amy's

When we finally arrive in New york it's dark and since we've been on the road for what feels like forever, especially for Tom we decide to grab some food on our way home. Chinese seems like the best option. Once we get our food I give Tom directions to my house.

"Guys I think I'm going to go straight to bed, I'm tired. Save me some food?" Mel asks.

"Sure, are you ok?" I ask. She still looks exhausted.

"Yeah, pretty tired. Robert text me last night." She whispers as we pull up in my drive way.

"He did? What did he say?" She shakes her head.

"It doesn't matter, I don't care. He can go to hell for all I care!"

As I unlock the door,a Mel gently squeezes my shoulder and walks past me, upstairs to her bed. This is the Mel that I like, she has been acting so differently since we've been in California.

"Nice place!" Tom sounds impressed. "Tidy.."

"Yeah, it's been kinda drummed into me to keep my place clean." I say, thinking back to all the times I got into trouble for my room being a mess. Alex takes a seat and drops his bag on the floor, stretching.

"Tired?" I ask. I think that's the first I've spoken to him since we left California. He looks up at me surprised, I think he must have noticed too.

"Yeah, I'm really tired actually." Suddenly Alex's phone rings and he goes in the kitchen to take the call. Tom places our food down on the table and we begun to tuck in. We can hear Alex talking.

"Hello? Hey sarge, yeah, when? What's the case? What? Jeez.. Yeah I'm sure I can make that, how long will be I be here? A week? No problem, bye." He returns from the kitchen and sits beside us on the couch, digging into his food.

"Work?" Tom asks.

"Yep, the New York office need me here for a week, I've to go in the day after tomorrow."

"Well, you usually sleep in hotels right? Why don't you stay here? I'm sure amy wouldn't mind." Tom lands me in it. When Alex looks over at me I can tell he's looking for a reaction. He smiles and looks back down at his food, looking disappointed.

"Sure, why not." I finally spit out. He looks at me again looking surprised. "As long as he cooks dinner." Alex and Tom laugh and continue eating.