Come Back to Me

I'm not her type

Amy's bathroom is the cleanest bathroom I have ever set eyes on. Everything is so neatly tidied away, her organisational skills for towels and face clothes are pretty odd but it keeps everything looking clean and tidy. But I guess it's not her fault. After washing my face and brushing my teeth and take on her of towels, dry my face and neatly place it back down. I even place the toilet seat down. I'm too scared to mess anything up. Tom and I are sleeping on the pullout bed in the living room, amy is downstairs sorting it out just now. I like seeing her in her own place, she's more confident, not as shy as she was back in California. Everything smells of her, it makes me feel relaxed. I can hear movement in the hall, I wonder if it's amy. I slowly close the bathroom door behind me and see her shadow in the dark, I reach out to try and frighten her, and it works. But it's not Amy.

"Alex You scared me! Are you following me??" Mel asks, batting her eyelashes at me. I hate it when she does that, because it works. She has the longest eyelashes ever.

"Hah.. Sorry." I can't tell her I thought she was Amy.

"That's ok, so, what are you doing?" She walks towards her room, and I can see that she is wearing silky red shorts, and a shirt red crop top. I try not to lay attention to it.

"Nothing, just, heading to bed.."

"Where are you sleeping?" She asks as she leans her head on the door frame.

"Living room.."

"Well, if you get uncomfortable you know where I am.. That's an invitation by the way.." You don't say.. It's a very tempting invitation. But I can't, as much as I think she is very attractive, I can't do that to Amy. I like Amy.

"Thanks.. I'll um, keep that in mind.." She smiles and closes the door. I can hear amy and Tom talking downstairs, I quietly sneak down and listen in.

"What do you mean?" Amy asks Tom. "Do I like him?" Does she mean me?

"Well do you? Because I think he likes Mel." Shut up Tom!!! I think.

"Of course I don't like him.. Why would you say that?" Amy asks.

"I just thought.. It doesn't matter. But anyway, I think he likes Mel.."

"Yeah you keep saying.." Amy snaps. "Tom You don't have to worry. He's not my type."' I sigh and look up at the ceiling. I'm not her type, she doesn't like me after all. Suddenly Mel's room seems more appealing than downstairs. I head back upstairs and knock Mel's door.

"Come in." She says. I open the door and see her lying in bed reading a book. "Hey, come on in." She says, smiling and putting her book down.