Come Back to Me

Want to be left alone

I wake up to hearing someone knocking my bedroom door.

"Amy??" Tom shouts. "Can you please let me in?"

I don't answer him. It's been two days since I was almost killed by the woman who raised me and who claimed to be my mother. She held a gun to my head, and threatened to end my life, which she almost did. Just as she was pulling the trigger Alex made a perfect aim for her head, and shot the bullet that ultimately killed her. She was gripping onto to me so tightly that I fell back with her with a thud. The shots from that day were so loud that I can still hear a ringing in my ear. After it I was taken in for questioning, along with tom and Alex. But since Alex was starting work in New York anyways he then took over the case and continued with the statement. It felt weird answering to him, he was professional,almost intimidating. In a way I'm glad Alex shot her, because I was just about to and I don't think I could live with that guilt, no matter what she had done. Tom was determined to call our parents, tell them what had happened, tell them that he had been shot. But I said no, after the initial shock at what had happened I couldn't face seeing them. He's angry with me for stalling our parents surprise.. But I don't care right at this moment. I feel numb and I just want to be left alone. Mel didn't really give me an ounce of sympathy, she was so impressed by Alex that it didn't matter what happened to me, Alex is the hero. She is one person that I really don't want to talk to at the minute. After her break up with Robert I went out my way to help her and even let her move in. Tom is knocking at my door again. As he is so persistent I climb out of bed, which takes a lot of effort, and unlock the door, climbing back into bed after. Tom comes in holding a cup of tea and toast. He sits it on my bedside table, and sits on the edge of my bed.

"You look... Tired." He says. Basically pointing out that I look a mess, I know I do.

"Mmm.." I mumble.

"You haven't eaten anything in two days. You need to eat." I nod to keep him happy. I really don't have an appetite.

"And from what I know of you already you always have a cup of tea in your hand but not for the last two days. Amy, you'll make yourself sick."

"I'm not hungry, I'll eat when I am.."

"Ok.. I need to head back home. Time to start back at work.. Do you want to come?"

"No.." I whisper.

"You seriously wanna stay here, in new york? After what happened?"

"This is my home, my house." I remind him. He sighs and scratches his head.

"I guess."

"How's your arm?" I ask, I've not asked him yet.

"A little stiff but it's fine."

"What are you gonna do about telling the family?" I ask. I have a feeling he'll do it with or without my permission.

"I don't know.. I could tell them, and you could let me know when you wanna see them?"

"Maybe.. I don't know when though."

"Think about it. I gotta go, long drive back. Alex is staying here, remember?"

"Yeah.." I remember. He and Mel will be very cosy together in her bed no doubt.

"I've told him to keep an eye on you, even force feed you if he needs to. Got it?"

"Ok, fine." I sit up and take a bite of the toast.

"Good. Ill call you when I'm home."

"Drive safe.. And thanks Tom. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't here to help me."

"What are brothers for huh?" I smile as he gives me a tight cuddle. He leaves the room closing the door behind him. He makes a good cup of tea.