Come Back to Me

Cuddle

Amy mumbles in her sleep, twitches and groans. I wonder if she's having the nightmare again, she only had it 2 hours ago. As cute as it is, I'm finding it difficult to sleep, this couch is too small for 2 people. I don't want to move her, but I should really get put her to bed. I'm lying on my back, with my left arm round her shoulder. Amy is on her side, her head resting on my chest and her left arm wrapped round my waist. Her long blonde hair is falling down her back, and even though her eyes are closed I can tell they are moving due to whatever dream she is having. To look at amy and tom you would never know they are twins. Not only because they are non identical, but because amy is so pretty, beautiful in fact, and Tom, Well, Tom is just...Tom I guess. She also looks so much like her real mom, and I wish that she would just give it up and meet her, start a fresh.

I understand Amy's situation, I must admit. To go through that, a life changing event will make you depressed. I don't know her well enough to know if she is depressed, but I do know she isn't happy. Seeing her being held at gun point almost made my heart stop. Hearing her scream my name while I was outside helping Tom after he was shot, sent shives down my spine and seeing her running upstairs, dodging bullets as if she were invisible, terrified me. I know I risked her life when I made a decision to shoot, it could have back fired completely. But it didn't, and Amy was safe. I remember just how historical she went when she fell back and landed on the body. I wish I could have hugged her at that point but that was Toms job. I also wish I heard her tell tom that she likes me, rather than hearing that she doesn't like me that way. I can't force her, but I can be her friend instead and help her through this. I know she would much rather that. Since Mel hasn't been very friendly to her lately, which I'm not sure why, I will be there for her.

Time to take her to bed. I slowly begin moving off the couch, and tuck my left arm under her back,my right arm under her legs and Gently lifting her up I head on upstairs. She groans and wraps her arms round my neck and I can feel her heavy breathing on my neck. When I lay her under her covers I give her a gentle kiss on her head and as I stand up, my hand brushes off hers, and she takes my hand and holds it like she's holding a teddy. She's still asleep, and I don't want to wake her. She somehow looks sad in her sleep. I decide to lie down beside her, stay with her till I feel she'll be ok.

My eyes open and look at the clock on the bedside table. It's 9:45am. I'm still In Amy's room. I'm lying on my side, and Amy's arm is wrapped around me. I can feel her breathing on my back as she hugs me tightly. I smile, noticing that she is a very cuddly sleeper. She had a few bad dreams during the night, each time she would sit straight up and pant, sweating, looking around her. I watched her while she was having the dream, she would tense, clench her fists, twitch, moan, mumble but I'm not sure what she was saying.