Come Back to Me

Smitten

I quietly get out of bed and decide to make her breakfast in bed since she hasn't been eating all that well. Scrambled and eggs and toast, with some tea should do the trick. I'll sit and watch her eat it if I have to. As I'm cooking the scrambled eggs Mel comes into the kitchen wearing a large baggy t-shirt just barely covering her ass. She is leaning on the door frame very seductively. I try not to lay attention to it, but it's difficult.

"Morning." I say. "Good night last night?" Mel invited me out, but I had to work late and I didn't want to leave amy in all by herself.

"Morning.. Yeah, it was great. You should have came."

"I finished late last night.."

"Amy in bed?" She asks,yawning.

"Yep.. Making her some breakfast. She's not been eating, she's lost weight."

"So, when I came home last night I saw the two of you cuddled up on the couch, asleep,"

I stop what I'm doing and look at Mel. I've just told her amy has lost weight, and isn't eating, and all she is concerned about is that I shared a couch with her?

"Yeah, and?" I ask.

"Well what's going on? You looked pretty smitten.."

"Smitten? Mel we were asleep."

"She has a bed.. Why sleep with you on the couch? And I know you two eventually went to her bed, I saw you leave her room 10 minutes ago!"

"You've been watching us?" I ask, furious.

"I wouldn't say watching, just... Noticing." I pour water into the kettle and switch it on.

"Mel you have no right. And for the record, your friend is up there skinny as hell, ill, frightened, been through hell, and all you are worried about is that we shared a bed, to sleep in??"

She looks stunned at my reaction. She rolls her eyes and yawns, again.

"I was just asking.."

"No you weren't just asking, you were accusing. And what if we did share a bed? It's none if your business. And since you seem to have disappeared on her, your best friend, I'm stepping in. She needs help, encouragement."

The kettle clicks and I pour the water in her favourite mug.

"I didn't mean it like that.. I just thought you liked her. I thought you liked me.."

I sigh as I plate up the breakfast. I do like amy, but I can't tell her that. Mel has been very forward, flirty, very convincing but I haven't went there with Mel. Mel and I have hung out a lot, but nothing ever happened because I didn't let it happen, I think she's very attractive,but that's all.

"Mel, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. Amy is my friend, and so are you." I leave it at that and take Amy's breakfast to her.