Come Back to Me

War

Tom is on his way to New york, and i am sitting in my house worried frantically that something has happened to Alex. I know he can handle himself, I've seen him in action but this does not sound good at all. His work colleagues sound worried and confused that he didn't return. Mel hasn't been in all day, I'm assuming that she's at work. I tried to call her but it just rang out. I'm not quite sure what happened with Mel last night after our conversation about Alex. Nothing was resolved, we just had a giggle after it and it felt like we were back to normal. The longer Alex is missing, the more I begin to feel for him. I didn't realise I liked him this much, maybe it's just the shock that he's disappeared. Tom finally arrives, holding a suitcase and panting.

"Have you heard anything??" I ask as I rush over to him, helping him with his case.

"No I haven't. Maybe we should go to the station, ask around? Someone's gotta know something."

"Yeah good idea, I'll just get ready."

"Mom and dad are worried." He says, and I stop and turn.

"You told them about Alex?" I ask.

"Yeah.."

"Have you told them about me?"

"No, not yet."

"Good, now isn't the time." I rush off and get changed .

Once we are at the station we are asked to take a seat and wait for a detective.

"So this is where he works?" I ask. It's busy, desks everywhere, officers sitting on the phone, looking through paperwork.

"Yeah.. It looks pretty frantic."

"Tom, amy?" We stand up and face the tall pale man.

"Hi, I'm detective James Malory, I'm Alex's partner." I shake his hand, after tom. We follow him to his office.

"I understand you have questions?" He asks as he takes a seat and plays with his tie.

"Yes. I'm Alex's friend and roommate. He's been staying with my sister amy. Have you heard anything, at all?"

"We are looking into an area close to where Alex was visiting."

"Visiting?" I ask.

"He went to a warehouse with the other officers, the officers said there were shots being fired and smoke bombs going off all over the place."

"Who was firing?" I ask.

"We have been monitoring a gang here in the city. I think we stumbled a upon a gang war, Alex and the officers just showed up at the wrong time. We think during the smoke bombs that they took Alex. We have security footage that has Alex in it but after the smoke bomb, we just can't see him. We have cops out there right now, looking."

Tom sighs and puts his head in his hands.

"How dangerous are these gangs and what do they want with Alex?" Tom asks. James shrugs his shoulders, and takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry tom but I can't answer that."

"Meaning you won't answer it.." I add.

"Mam, there is a lot going on here that you wouldn't understand. We are trying to find him."

"Well, just keep us informed. You have my number." Tom says and shakes James's hand. When we leave we decide to pick up some food on the way back home. Neither of us feel like cooking tonight. We are silent as we eat our dinner, on my couch where Alex sleeps, and watching tv.

"I was gonna tell them tomorrow about you. But, it's probably not the best time." Tom says out of the blue.

"I don't think it is."

"Will you ever want me to tell them" He frustratedly asks.