Come Back to Me

Mesmorising

When I go downstairs I notice that Alex is in the living room sipping a beer, and I think Tom is in the kitchen. Alex is wearing a short sleeved white fitted top with blue jeans. He isn't exactly dressy but he looks good. Alex stands up, not realising that I'm behind the couch. He turns and freezes, staring at me.

"Amy.. I didn't see you. Wow!" He looks so tall and muscly standing there and the white top brings out his eyes.

"What?" I ask.

"You look amazing. I've never seen you in a dress.. And heels.." He clears his thirst and continues to stare. Tom then appears from the kitchen.

"Woot woooo! Looking good sis. Can we go now??" Tom grabs his phone and calls for a cab, wondering into the kitchen as he sips his beer.

"So where are we going tonight?" I ask. I look away from Alex and walk over to the couch, taking a seat.

"No idea, I don't even think Tom cares. He's just dying to get out."

I catch Alex staring at my legs. He looks very flustered as he takes a seat next to me.

"Have you been out in New York?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah a few times. Mostly when I'm working here."

"Are you ok after what happened?" I ask, suddenly remembering what he went through.

"Yeah I'm ok. I'm on leave though, for a week."

"You are? I'm back at work next week.."

"Sucks to be you!" He jokes and nudges my shoulder.

"Yeah, it does.." I joke with him but deep down I think I mean it.

"Hey has there been anything more on my mom and dad.. I mean... Those guys who tried to kill me?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

Alex smiles and looks at me, his eyes make me feel all warm.

"I'll be working on that when I'm back. My partner took over."

"Ah, tom and I met him yesterday. Pleasant man..."

"You met him? How?"

"We both went to your office, he spoke to us and kind of kept us updated."

"You went? I didn't know that."

"Of course we did. We didn't know what was going on."

"Well it's good to know people care."

"Of course we care." I assure him.

"I like your hair like that. Suits you."

I smile at him, feeling self conscious as I run my hand through it.

"I never wear it like this,this was Mel's idea.. And the make up, and the dress."

Alex leans towards me examining my face almost.

"Your make up is great, you look different."

"Is that a good or bad thing? Do I look ugly without it?!"

"God no! You're beaut.." Alex stops himself from finishing his sentence. We are staring at one another, and I'm waiting for him to finish what he was saying even though I know what it is. He lifts his left hand and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and gently strokes my cheek.

"You're beautiful. And your eyes are just, memorising." Alex takes a deep breath and clears his throat again, taking his hand away from my face.

"But I shouldn't be telling you that.." He whispers.

I know why, because Tom told him to back off. Tom told me the same thing. I didn't even notice that Mel was in the kitchen with Tom, she must have sneaked past, I don't even think Alex noticed. They both leave the kitchen laughing and giggling, and for a second I think I see something between them. I could be wrong. It's hard to tell with Mel, she flirts with anything.

"Cabs here guys! Mel, you coming??" Tom asks.

"No, I can't.. But if I'm out later I could meet you. Have fun, amy.." I look round at Mel before I leave, and catch her winking at me. She has high hopes for what might happen tonight with Alex.. Im not so sure.