Come Back to Me

The ladies

I decide to take tom and Alex to a bar that Mel and I always end up. I have a feeling tom isn't going to want to stick around the one bar for too long. It's called Cocktails Galore, my favourite place to drink cocktails. The bar has purple lights, and the floor is a neon green with spotlights, there is a dance floor and lots of booths. This is where Mel met Robert, and where I also met my ex. Every time I come here I'm afraid I'll bump into him but luckily he's not appeared. When we walk to the bar I notice Toms posture has changed to a more, confident but desperate walk as he looks around glancing at the ladies in one of the booths. Suddenly I get the feeling that he's not so good with the ladies. Once we get at the bar Alex takes a look at the cocktail menu.

"There's cocktails in here that even I haven't heard of. What do you normally get?" He asks, and hands me the menu.

"Ummm..." I run my finger down the menu and feel Alex standing close to me, leaning in to look for himself even though there are other menus on the bar.

"This is my favourite. A piƱa colada. You ever tried it?"

"Hmm.. No. I think I'll have a Naked Lady. Tom what are you having?"

I scrunch up my face at Alex, thinking he's making a joke. He laughs and points to the menu.

"There, naked lady."

"Oh.."

"I'll have a Horny Bull!"

"God... Men.." I mumble. "Will we sit at a booth?" I ask, looking over at the free ones.

"Yeah.. I'll be there in a minute." Tom says, staring at a long legged brunette. Alex and I take a seat as I watch tom make his move.

"Hey, I guess tom isn't good with the ladies?" I ask Alex.

"No, he isn't. How did you know that? Did he tell you?"

"No, he didn't. I just, had a feeling I guess.."

"Twin thing.." He mumbles as he chews on an olive. He turns to look over in toms direction.

"Give it 5 minutes.. He always messes up. Says the wrong thing."

"Oh shit...." I whisper. Alex raises his eyebrows and looks round,
curious to what's startled me.

"What?"

"My ex just walked in.. Damn it!!"

I can't believe Will just walked in. All the times I've been here and he hasn't showed, tonight of all nights he has to show.

"Ah.. So I guess you're not too lucky with the men.." Alex jokes.

"Hmm you could say that. Only I always end up with the cheating scumbag."

"That's hard to believe.."

"Well believe it! Crap he's coming over."

Will rushes over with a big smile and sits himself next to me.

"Amy!!! It's been..too long!!" He shouts and throws his arms around me. I stay stiff..I hate this guy.

"Will.. Hi." He lets me go and takes a big drink of his beer.

"Hey what the hell happened at your parents house? I heard there was a big shoot out."

"It was nothing..."

"You look good!"

"Thanks..." I look at Alex and roll my eyes. He is sitting intently, staring Will.

"Hi, I'm Will." Will holds out his hand for Alex to shake.

"Alex.." Alex answers, shaking his hand. There is a lot of tension..

"So, this your boyfriend?" Will asks.

Obviously Alex isn't my boyfriend, but if I say no, I know that Will won't leave me alone. I bite my bottom lip and look at Alex, he could be my pretend boyfriend, just for 5 minutes.

"Yes, he is." I lie. Alex looks like a startled deer. I smile at him and gently kick him under the table.

"Damn..." Will says. "Looks like I'm too late." His friends shout him from the bar and will gets up without even a goodbye and walks away. I sigh with relief and take a sip of my cocktail.

"Sorry... He's just... He's an ass, and he probably would have annoyed the hell out of me if I admitted that I'm single."'

"That's alright..He does seem like an ass.."

"Looks like Tom has lasted more than 5 minutes.." I say noticing that he's still chatting to that girl.

"I'm surprised.."

"So has he had any girlfriends?" I ask.

"Not really. He's had flings but nothing serious. I've tried telling him what he's doing wrong but he just doesn't listen."

I wonder if Alex has his way with the ladies. He could be a total player, only after one night stands. I don't actually know him that well. I decide to be brave.

"So are you good with the ladies?" I ask trying to sound confident.

Alex is staring at me intently with those dark brown eyes. I hate it when he does that, makes it hard to concentrate.

"I guess I know good few chat up lines.." He smiles and takes a sip of his cocktail.

"Is that all or are you just winding me up?" I ask.

"Ha.. I think I'm ok with the ladies, yeah.."

Suddenly tom appears with his new date, she sits beside me and tom beside Alex.

"Amy, Alex, this is Emma."

"Hey." I say, and Alex says hello. She is very tanned and has a lot of make up on. Her brown hair is big and bouncy and she has a ton of lipgloss on.