Come Back to Me

It can't work

Tom and Mel are over at the bar ordering cocktails and shots.

"So you're a sex addict?!" Alex jokes.

"No I'm not a sex addict! Mel was just over exaggerating, that's all."

She wasn't though, I love sex. I just don't want Alex thinking I'm a slut.

"Well, you're a fan of sex then.."

"I guess.. But that's normal, isn't it?"

Alex nods and takes a sip of his beer. Even the way he drinks is sexy. I've definitely said too much.

"What happened with Will? How long were you two together?"

"We were seeing each other for around 8 months. Then I found him with another girl, here actually."

"What an ass."

"What about you?" I ask, I've never heard him talk about an ex, apart from the one who almost left him without his man parts.

"The last girl I dated was around 7 months ago but it only lasted like, a month. I was busy working and she was quite clingy."

"Oh.. What about before her?"

"Before her I was going out with Holly for around 2 years. We worked together and lived together.. Not a good mix."

"Hey you know what i don't have?" Alex adds, changing the subject.

"What?"

"Your phone number."

"And why do you want my phone number?" I ask.

"So I can sex text you under the table. I'm kidding."

We both laugh. I'm not sure if Alex is serious about wanting my phone number. Maybe he wants it because I'm his friend. I take my phone from my purse and Alex slides his phone from his pocket. I slide over closer to him so he can copy my number. My arm his touching his arm and my leg is touching his leg. Alex suddenly turns on his camera and points his phone to me.

"Smile!" I smile and the camera flashes, pretty bright.

"Wow, that's bright.."

Alex looks at the photo and smiles.

"Your eyes are bright green in this photo, look."

"Wow, looks like I have lenses in."

"How do you think tomorrow will turn out?" I nervously ask. We are still sitting closely to one another.

"You're really not looking forward to it are you?" Alex asks. He always seems to know how I'm feeling.

"Not really. Do I call them mom and dad? Will they call me amy, or Ciara? Do I even look like a Ciara?"

Alex leans back and examines me from a distance.

"Hmmm... You could be both. But you've been called amy your whole life so, thats up to you."

Alex puts his arm round my shoulder and kisses my forehead.

"It'll be ok. They are great people, you'll like them."

"Will you be there too?" I ask as I stare into his brown eyes.

"Of course I'll be there, I promise." He kisses my head again and takes his arm away from my shoulder. We remain seated closely.

"Hey now that I've discovered that you're a dirty little minx I can text you dirty jokes. No one else gets them, i have a feeling you will.."

I playfully slap his arm and as I do I can feel his muscle and it feels so hard and nice to touch.

"Ok, I'm a dirty little minx, so what? I fucking love sex, I can't help it."

Alex bursts into a fit of laughter.

"I was kidding..but ok, you love sex."

"Yeah, I do! I don't sleep around though if that's what you're thinking. I don't really have one night stands."

"So you don't have a fuck buddy or anything like that?" He asks, and I'm a little shocked that he's asked that.

"No, do you?" I ask.

"Nope. I have had one though, but not for a while. If you like sex that much then why don't you have one?"

Suddenly I get the feeling that he's only after sex, and especially now that he knows I like it. I wish I kept my big mouth shut. Alcohol is my biggest weakness.

"I don't know.." I answer.

Why don't I have one? I never thought of it. I definitely don't want Alex as a fuck buddy, that would end badly, but then again so would a relationship with him. It's too complicated, and I don't even know why I'm thinking of it. I wish he didn't look so good, and I wish he wasn't so nice to me. Mel and tom finally come back with the drinks.

"Mel, ladies room?" I ask. I need to talk to her. Alex sits back to let me slide past him and as I do I can see him staring at my bum.

"What's wrong?" Mel asks as I drag her to the ladies room.

"I don't think Alex likes me, you know, I think he kind of likes me but not like that.."

"Hold up, you're not making any sense. What now??" Mel asks.

"I think Alex is only wanting sex."

"So what? Give it to him!"

"No! I thought that we had a connection.. And I think we still do..but I've only just realised that with all the sex talk that he maybe just wants....sex."

"But you love sex. And sex will be very very good with Alex!"

"But I like him.. If I sleep with him I'll just like him even more and he'll keep coming back, just for sex."

"Hunni I don't think you have to worry, I've seen the way he looks at you.. he likes you, I can tell."

"You think?"

"Yes, he does."

"No more sex talk.. I've already told him too much. I shouldn't have drank so much either.. No wonder I'm head over heels for him, I'm drunk! If I were sober this wouldn't be happening!!"

Mel laughs and takes her lipstick from her bag.

"It's true. I would have more self control. I would keep my mouth shut, and not drool over him as much. There would still be a little drooling..but not this much! Oh god what am I doing?? This can't work! Tom told Alex to keep away from me, and he warned me off too..it just can't work."

"What tom doesn't know won't hurt him! And its not up to tom!"

"I'm just going to lay off.. No more flirting.."

"Whatever amy.."

As Mel and I head back to the booth Alex is staring at me, smiling. I pretend I don't notice and look away.

"Ok guys, shots.. Drink up!!" Tom insists. There are 8 shots on the table. We all take a shot, and the other one.

"That's disgusting!!" I say, scrunching up my face. "I'm hungry.."

"Oh I got a text from a friend earlier, he's having a party at his house, do you guys wanna go?" Mel asks.

"No...I've got a big day tomorrow..I think I'm going to head home."

"I'll go!" Tom says. Mel and tom are staring at Alex waiting for his answer.

"No thanks guys. I'll make sure amy gets home safely."

"Jeez...she dodged bullets, I think she can make her way home safely.." Mel jokes.

"Yeah Alex, you do that. Get amy home.." Tom sounds desperate. I think he wants to be alone with Mel. I see Alex winking at Tom, and tom smiling looking happier as ever. I wonder what they were discussing while Mel and I were in the ladies room.