Come Back to Me

Scream

Our faces become so close that I can feel his breaths on my face and my heart is racing. Just a little closer and his lips will be touching mine. Tom suddenly pops into my head. He doesn't want anything to happen between Alex and I. But it doesn't stop me from moving away like I know I should. Alex is smiling at me and I see his adams apple bob up and down as he swallows. His hand touches my hair, down to my back and then my arm.

"What's wrong? You kind of went in a daze for a minute?" Alex asks.

"Nothing.." I whisper. He rests his hand on my cheek and draws me closer towards him, but we don't kiss. Instead, we stare..and I have the feeling he's thinking what I am thinking.. Tom. I decide to take the plunge.. Kiss him. I put my hand on his chest and feel his heart beat. It's beating pretty fast. Just as I reach his lips, only centimetres apart we hear screams coming from downstairs. Toms screams, and then Mel's, and banging. Oh god.. Alex and I freeze, he frowns his eyebrows and rolls his eyes. I pull away from him, feeling disgusted that I can hear my brother having sex. Alex pinches his lips tightly together and I hear him laugh through his nose. I gently slap his shoulder and sit up.

"Oh my god!!" I moan. "Seriously??" I shout.

"I told you, toms loud." Alex says and sits up beside me.

Perfect timing.. I think. Just as I finally felt I could make a move, tom interrupts us. Typical, he doesn't even want this to happen. But then I think that maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I should respect toms wishes.

"Gross.." I whisper as they get even louder. Alex laughs and covers my ears.

"Smother me, please....." I joke. Alex pushes me down on the bed hard and grabs a pillow, gently pressing it on my face. I giggle and fight him off, hitting him with the pillow.

Suddenly we are back to being friends, winding each other up and laughing and giggling. I like it.