Come Back to Me

Mess

When I open my eyes I feel Alex's arm resting on my waist. My back is facing him and his legs are bent behind mine. I don't know what time we got to sleep. Tom and Mel were up for hours, it was never ending screaming, groans and panting. Finally Alex and I were so tired that we had to try to sleep through it. It's 9:30am and I slowly release myself from Alex's grip. He just turns round and falls back asleep. It's time for a run, I think. I quickly change into my running clothes, grab my iPod and water and slowly head down the stairs, dreading what I'll see. Tom and Mel are asleep on the couch with a blanket draped over them. I suddenly remember my anger at Toms drunken phone call last night to our mother.

I forget all about it when I'm running. I have always felt free from my problems when I run. I run to the park where I always go. I stop and rest for 5 minutes, I've been out of the game for a while, I'm not used to it. I can see the street I would take to go to my old house, and for a second I feel like taking a run down but I quickly change my mind. Not the best idea.... I finally jog back home, I've been out for 40 minutes. I didn't realise how much of a mess my living room actually was this morning when I left. I close the door behind me and Mel and Tom are awake, I'm not sure where they are but the couch is empty apart from the cover. On the floor beside the couch lies empty beer bottles, a takeout they must have brought back with them last night, half eaton and cd's scattered on the floor. I hear voices coming from the kitchen.

"She's not exactly happy with you Tom!" Alex snaps.

"Look I know it's a mess, I'll clean it up. I just wanted to grab a cup of coffee first. Where is she anyway?"

"I'm think she went out a run. It's not just the mess, you called your mum last night!"

"So?"

"You almost told her about Amy!"

"No I told her I had a surprise..." Tom defends himself.

"Close enough!" Alex snaps again. "Get that mess cleaned up!" Suddenly the door swings open and Alex is holding toms shoulder almost pushing him out. They both freeze when they see me.

"Amy.." Tom acts surprised. "Enjoy your run?"

I fold my arms and frown at Tom. He looks over at Alex and mimes the word 'help'. Alex shakes his head and looks over at me. I feel nervous when I look at Alex, especially after last night.

"Your mess..." He says and walks towards me, standing beside me.

"Oh and uh... Tonight when you sleep I'm gonna blast the loudest most annoying music to keep you up." Alex snaps and folds his arms. His muscle in his arms are bulging when he folds them..his black fitted t-shirt suits him well. I feel myself staring at him, his whole demeanour is strong and full of muscle. He looks at me and raises his eyeshadows.

"Amy..?" He whispers. Realising I've been glaring him, I look up at Alex and smile.

"Yeah, tom you kept us up all night!" I snap. "And, what were you thinking calling mom last night? She called Alex!"

"I didn't exactly tell her.." He scowls.

"Oh please! You may as well have just spelled it out for her! We've discussed this Tom, only when I'm ready.

"But you said that you would think about it!" He snaps.

"I am! But I can't do that if you keep rushing me. I'm only gonna say this one more time.. I'll do it when I'm ready!"

"Well.. I was thinking we could head to LA tonight... You know.. Maybe I could speak to them.."

"Ugh!!!" I moan and storm past him to the stairs. "Get my living room cleaned up!!! And wash that couch!! God knows what's on it!!" I shout and storm upstairs to take a shower.