Come Back to Me

Coffee maker

Once I've packed all my things I climb into bed at 9:30. Our flight is 6am, I want to get a long sleep so I'm not overly tired. I hear Mel, Alex and Tom downstairs talking and laughing, my life has never felt so full like this.

My alarm beeps at 4am and I lazily sit up and yawn. Everything is packed, all I have to do is shower, apply some make up and I'm good to go. My hair is a mess, and all I can do with it is to scrape it back in a pony tail. Once I'm ready I head downstairs to find Alex still asleep on the couch. He is lying face down, his arm hanging off the couch, his left leg bent, and his eyes twitch from the dream he is having. Then I remember, I haven't had my nightmare for a few nights. I gently nudge the warm tanned skin on his shoulder, and he groans as I keep nudging him.

"Alex..." I say. "Wake up!!"

"Mmmhmmm.." He mumbles. I rub his back gently up and down with very little pressure and he groans, but still sleeps. I gently tickle his side and he moves as quick as lightning, grabbing my arms and pulling me down onto him.

"You think you can tickle me, huh??" He jokes as his hands start tickling my sides, under my arms and my back. I laugh and wriggle, trying to tell him to stop.

"Stop.... Sto.... Stop!!" I scream and laugh, falling off the couch.

"Ouch..." I say laughing, holding my bum as I climb up. Alex laughs and hits me with the cushion, knocking me down again.

"Quit it!! My ass.." I snap, trying to stand up. "Get ready....jerk!" I joke and walk into the kitchen still holding my bum.

"Are you making me a coffee?" He shouts from the living room.

"Nope!" I tease.

"Come on!! I'll be taking care of you the next few days.. You owe me."

"Hah! Taking care of me??" I ask. Alex comes in, zipping up his jeans and holding a top.

"Yeah, taking care of you!!" He teases and puts his top on.

"As in, making me breakfast and dinners??" I ask as I grab 2 cups.

"More like whipping you into shape by making you clean for me."

"You wish!" I whisper.

"Hah! You'll have to clean toms room.. It's a mess. Ha ha!" He jokes.

I make the coffees and Mel and Tom walk in, looking half asleep.

"What's all the noise?" Mel asks, sitting on the stool with Tom standing behind her, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry.. Did we wake you?" Alex asks as he throws his arm round my shoulder. I feel like I tuck in quite nicely under his arm. I lean into him and his grip tightens around me.

"Hey amy.. Why were we up, for hours the other night? I can't remember..." Alex asks in my ear, rolling his eyes.

"Hmmm... You know.... I can't remember because I was too exhausted!"

"Yeah, exhausted!!" Alex jokes, and laughs at toms reaction.

"Ok shut up!" Tom snaps and grabs a cup.

"Amy..coffee..please.." Tom demands and sits on the stool beside Mel.

"Why am I suddenly the coffee maker??" I ask and Alex grip loosens but still stands close next me, our arms touching.