Come Back to Me

Flight

After saying goodbye to Tom and Mel, Alex and I get a cab to the airport. Whilst in the cab, Jeff comes to mind. We pass the park, where he chased us. I don't know why he chased us. Is he angry? Does he know what actually happened? Maybe he doesn't, maybe all he wanted was to talk and I just ran. But he has always scared me, it was my first instinct to run.

"So you looking forward to going back to LA?" Alex asks, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Mmhmm.." I mumble, smiling and looking out the window.

Alex shifts in the seat, adjusting his seat belt.

"Amy..are you sure about going back, so soon? I mean.. You didn't want to. Now all of a sudden you're determined." I look at Alex, he knows I'm lying, he has to. Makes me wonder why he can read me so much.

"I just thought it over,that's all.." I lie. He nods and looks out the window, yawning.

On the plane we don't talk much. Alex falls asleep half an hour after take off. His head falls on my shoulder, and I rest my cheek on his head. His soft brown hair itches my left cheek and I smile, taking in his scent.

We arrive in LA, the heat is so different from New York.

"A colleague of mine is picking us up." Alex says as we stand outside the airport, waiting.

"Oh, ok." I say.

"She just text at the last minute, offered a ride." He adds. She?

A car arrives and stops in front of us. A lady gets out, she has black shoulder length hair, and is wearing a suit. Her badge hangs around her neck.

"Alex! Welcome back!" She opens the hood of the car, Alex takes my bags and slides them in, along with his.

"Gill, hey!" He sits in the front and I get in the back.

"Gill this is amy, amy.. Gill." I nod and smile.

"So you're the famous Amy?" She asks as she drives.

"Famous?' I ask. Alex clears his throat,

"Sure.. Everyone knows about you." She replies.

"The case is pretty popular.." Alex says.

"Oh.." I whisper.

On the way to Alex's the both talk about work, different cases that are happening, the people they work with, court, lawyers, detective stuff. I look at the black suit that gill is wearing. It makes her look masculine.. I guess in this job you would need to look more stronger than you already are, being a lady.