Come Back to Me

Questioning

I stay silent as Alex stares at me.

"Well?" He asks. "I can't believe you didn't tell me about this!"

"I'm sorry!" I snap. "I didn't think it was that big of a deal.."

"That big of a deal?" He asks and stands, pacing round the room.

"Amy.. Mel saw him wondering around outside your house!"

"What?" I ask. "No.. He doesn't know where I live.."

"You sure about that? Because he knows!" He snap, pointing at me. I feel uncomfortable at his temper.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me yesterday? I knew something wasn't right!"

I stand and fold my arms.

"I was.. I didn't want to talk about it." I say.

"You didn't wanna talk about the fact that you were chased? Both you and Mel? Amy he could be dangerous."

"I don't know if he is.." I say quietly, like a little girl being given into trouble.

"Then why did you run?" He asks. I freeze, not knowing what to say.

"Umm.." I whisper. I know it was my first instinct to run. It looks bad.

"Umm? That's all you have to say?" He asks, finally standing still. I shrug my shoulders.

"You don't seem to realise how much danger you have put on Mel and Tom, leaving them at that house with some psycho running around your house!"

"Danger? I didn't think..."

"No you didn't." He shouts. I feel a tear falling down my cheek. Don't cry... Don't cry.. I think.

"You must know that he's dangerous if you ran away from him, amy. You must know." He says, sounding calmer.

"I don't know if I do.."

Alex throws my phone down on the couch and walks past me to the stairs.

"Wait here. I'm going to get my badge, them we're going to the station."

"The station?" I ask. "Why are we going there?"

"You need questioning." He answers abruptly.

"Questioning? Why?"

"We need to know who he is, amy. You need to tell us everything you know about him. Everything!" He snaps and runs upstairs. I fold my arms and huff. I can't believe he is taking me to the station to be questioned.