Come Back to Me

CCTV

Flash backs enter my mind like a slide show. Me sitting on the stairs wearing red tights, a white dress and my hair tied back. Jeff's voice echoes in my head.

"Amy is very pretty.. You are very lucky." Jeff said. I remember my 'mother' saying "She is, we made a good choice. All thanks to you, Jeff."

Suddenly Mullen and Alex walk in. My ten minutes must be up.

"So.." Mullen says as he takes a seat. "Anything?" He asks.

"Only a little. I think Jeff helped them find a baby, me. I remember mom telling him that it's all thanks to him."

"Was he there, at the hospital?" Alex asks.

"I don't know.."

"We will need your help to identify him, amy. Maybe we could show you the CCTV footage."

I don't know I feel about that..

"Now, you have to think harder.. What else do you remember?" Mullen asks, leaning closer. I close my eyes and force the flashbacks.

"I remember raised voices.. Jeff was yelling." I say. "Something about.. Using me for.. For... Something, I can't remember what he said. Training?" I say..

"Did your parents say anything?" Mullen asks.

"Mom said that they would teach me in good time."

"Amy did they ever teach you anything out of the ordinary that you remember?" Mullen asks. I shake my head. No..

"Hmm.. Is that all?"

"The police were mentioned.. I think he was scared of something, I don't know what. That's all I remember." I say. I can't think back anymore, it's giving me a sore head.

"Ok.. Would you like to see the footage, amy?" Mullen asks. I look at Mullen, then at Alex, Alex gives me a comforting look. I still don't want to talk to him.

"Ok.." I whisper. I follow Mullen and Alex to another room which holds televisions, tapes, CDs, recording systems. Mullen opens a cabinet drawer and takes out a tape.

"Take a seat." Mullen says, gesturing to the seat closest to the tv. I do as he says, Alex stands beside me.

"Ok, this was a half hour before you were taken. That's your real father.. Right there." He points. "He left to have a cigarette outside. Not long after... You see them?" He asks. I lean closer. I see my fake parents walking, casually walking. You would never suspect anything, they just look like visitors.

"Do you see Jeff?" He asks. I look around them, doctors, nurses.. I can't see him. "No.. Wait.." Mullen pauses the film. I point to the corner of the screen. A man stands next to a pay phone, looking around him. I stare at him for a moment.

"Amy?" Alex asks. "Is that him?" I nod.

"Yeah, that's Jeff." Mullen resumes the film. I see my fake parents going into the room my dad just left, Jeff is keeping an eye out as he pretends to talk on the phone. Suddenly they leave the room, holding me. The film switches to a different view, a view showing them leaving.. Then outside, they run to their car. Now I know what my nightmares mean.. It's a memory. I swallow hard and look down at my feet, finding it difficult to breath as my heart is beating so fast.

"Turn it off.." Alex tells Mullen. Alex puts his hand on my shoulder and gently squeezes. I. Shrug his hand off and stand, leaving the room.

"Amy, wait." Alex grabs my arm, stopping me in the corridor. I don't look at him, instead I stare at the floor, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Amy.." He whispers as he steps closer, touching my face with his left hand. "I'm sorry.. I didn't want you to see that."

"Leave me alone." I snap, and release myself from his grip, finding the closest bathroom.