Come Back to Me

Big girl

The movie finishes and Alex turns the tv off. He finishes the last of his beer, and I finish the rest of mine.

"Tonight, can you think about it, please?" Alex asks.

"About what?"

"Helping Mullen. I don't think you understand what he wants from you.. He needs you to find him, maybe even get close to Jeff, just so Mullen can catch him. I don't want you doing that."

"Alex, I'm a big girl.. If this is what I want to do then..I'm going to do it."

Alex sighs in anger and rubs the back of his neck. "Fine.. But think about it." He says.

"Ok.. I'm going to bed." I say, not sure what else to say to Alex. He doesn't agree with me on this.

"Me too." He stands and follows me upstairs. Before going into toms room I turn to face Alex. He looks at me, frowning.

"What?" I ask. He looks down and shakes his head.

"It's nothing." He says. He slides his hands into his pockets and rocks back and forth on the heels of his feet. I consider giving him a hug, before I go to bed. But I hesitate, I don't want that feeling I get when I touch him... That fuzzy butterflies in my stomach feeling. I play with the hem of my t-shirt, wondering what i should do. Finally, I step closer towards Alex and wrap my arms around his neck, leaning my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses the top of my head.

"I know you're a big girl, amy. I just don't want anymore bad things to happen to you, ok?" He says, and I can sense the concern in his voice. All I can do is nod. I pull myself free from Alex, and as I look up at him I notice that he is smirking.

"Why are you smirking?" I ask. He points to the mirror.

"I uh... I could see your bum showing... You know.. The mirror." He points again and laughs. I turn and see a tall mirror against the wall. I slap his arm and storm past him to toms room.

"Oh come on! It was a little.. I just saw a little.. I swear.." He holds his hands up, smirking.

"Whatever! Goodnight!!" I snap, jokingly and slam the door in his face. I lean against it, smiling. I'm glad I'm wearing nice underwear..