Come Back to Me

Tell me

As I run I hear his pace picking up. I know I should call Alex, but right now I just want to out run this guy. Without even realising, I've taken a wrong turn. I'm running down a street with what looks like warehouses, one after the other. Oh great, I think. I look back, he is running after me. I see him take his phone from his pocket.. Weird. I run faster, I know I can out run him, I have to. As I run I try to open my purse, finding my phone but everything is bouncing around in my bag, I can't get to it unless I stop. It's a long straight road up ahead, I'll never loose him. I turn right, and run between the dull brown buildings. It's like a maze, left turn, right turns, lots of paths to choose from.. And a place where you can easily get lost..hurt or even murdered. I push the thought from my mind. I feel myself panicking, and I cry as I run. I need Alex. I stop and hide behind a shed, silently panting. I find my phone and call Alex. I peak out the side. Checking to see if he's there. I don't see or hear him, but I do hear a car. I can't get through to Alex, then I realise I have no signal here. I start to panic even more.. I hear someone.. I stay still, covering my mouth. I try to think of where I am, I still don't know this area that well. I remember leaving Alex's, and walking. I do remember seeing warehouses, so I must be close. If I can just make it.. I decide to run. First I sprint lightly, stopping occasionally to hide behind an object. I can see the main road, and as I sneak closer, I look round the side of the building, checking. There is a black car parked, it wasn't there before. It must be the car that I heard.. I hear men talking, shouting. The road ahead is clear, so I take the chance and run.

"There!!!" I hear a man yell. I look behind me as I run. He is coming after me, and someone jumps in the car and spins it around, driving towards me. I think it's going to hit me, I swerve out the way, it almost caught me but it did knock me off balance, and I trip and fall. I feel my knees burning, my elbows and hands burn from the fall. Suddenly I'm grabbed by the hair and pulled up.

"You're a fast runner. But not fast enough!!" The man whispers through his teeth.

"What do you want, who are you?'" I yell. The car stops, and a man gets out. He is young, with long black hair tied back. The man pushes me up against the brick wall and grabs me by the throat.. His force isn't strong enough to strangle me but I am finding it difficult to breath from the shock.

"Don't you remember me??" He asks. His breath smells of cigars. I suddenly get flash backs, a man visiting us when I was little. He spoke with my Fake parents, they always told me it was important business.

"Now.. I'm going to ask you this one time, amy. What do the police know?" He asks, hissing through his teeth. I can see the sweat dripping down his forehead, and I know that he is worried.

"I don't know!" I lie. He grips my throat tighter, so much that I can't actually breath. I cough, slap his arm, his face, anything to get him to stop.

"One more time.....what do they know?" His grip loosens.

"Why, you scared?" I ask, Smirking. I must be mad. "You should be.. Bobby.." I say. I remember his name. His face drops from being angry to surprised. "You have made a big mistake.." I say.

"Well.. Maybe, maybe not. I think we both know that you are not going to get out of this alive." He says calmly. He let's go, but I see his fist clenching up. And them boom, he punches me in the jaw. I collapse in pain. I've never been punched before. His feet kick my ribs, stomach, and I feel the wind getting knocked out of me. He walks away towards the man with the long hair. As he does, I pick up a rock that lies beside me. It has a sharp edge, I hope it's enough. I try to stand, holding on to the wall for support. He looks at me and shakes his head, walking towards me. I pant, holding my haw with my left hand and hiding the rock behind my back.

"Amy, give it up.." He says and lunges forward, his fists in the air, going for my face. I don't know how, but I throw my arm up, and smack him in the head with the rock. He holds his head and screams in anger, unable to keep his balance. The other man runs for me, and I dodge him, kicking him between his legs. I then run. I hear bobby yelling at him.

"You let her go, you idiot!!! Catch her!!" I look back, he is running but not as fast at me. I don't even feel the pain, the adrenaline has taken over. I think I run the fastest that I have ever ran in my entire life. I recognise the street that I am in. And I see Alex's house from a distance. I get to the garden, I can feel my phone buzzing in my purse. I throw myself to the front door, opening it and falling into Alex's living room. He stands, with his phone up to his ear, he is biting his nails, pacing back and forth and then I fall in the door, collapsing in pain and exhaustion.