Come Back to Me

Never going to leave your side

"Amy!" I hear Alex yell. Everything is blurry, I can't see straight and my jaw is throbbing. I sob, unable to catch my breath. Alex kneels down infront of me, holding my face in his hands.

"My god.. Amy.." He whispers as he pulls me towards him. I winch at the pain and grab my stomach. He looks down to where I am holding, and lifts my vest up. He moves my hand out the way and I hear him curse.

"Shit...." He whispers. "Who did this to you?" He asks, wrapping his arms around me. I fall into his chest, sobbing.

"I... I..." I try to speak, I'm too exhausted. I feel my eyes closing.

As I open my eyes I feel my whole body ache. My jaw feels ten times the size it was, my side and stomach throbs, and my head hurts. I'm on the couch, and I hear voices. Alex appears, with a man wearing a white doctors coat.

"Hey, you're awake.." Alex says, sitting beside me and touching my face. My throat is dry, and as I try to speak nothing comes out. Alex grabs a glass of water from the table and holds it up to my mouth, slipping his hand under my head for support as I take a sip.

"How're you feeling..?" He asks. "Stupid question.." He says. He looks up at the doctor.

"She'll be fine, just keep an eye on her.." He says, smiles and leaves.

"Who was that?" I ask. I sound like I have the cold.

"A doctor I know." He says. He sits the water down and kisses my forehead.

"I shouldn't have let you walk out this morning.." He whispers. His eyes are red as if he's been crying. I don't answer him, I don't know how.

"Can you tell me who it was? Was it.. Jeff?" He asks cautiously.

"No.. But I think they are working together."

"Who is?" He asks.

"Bobby.." I whisper. I try to sit up, Alex fluffs up the pillows behind me and holds me as I sit up. He rests his hand on my leg.

"Tell me what happened?" He asks. "I've already reported it.. But there wasn't much I could tell them."

I explain to Alex what happened. His face tightens up, his lips pinched together and his eyebrows frowning as I tell him that I was attacked. He touches my neck when I tell him I was strangled. I already feel safer. Without even thinking, I reach for his shirt and pull him towards me, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry.." I whisper.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Amy. I was a jerk, it's my fault.."

"No. It's not your fault." I say, pulling back to look at him. "I shouldn't have walked out this morning.. And you were right, helping Mullen is a mistake.." His brown eyes find mine, they look so thoughtful, and full of concern.

"I'm going to get him, you know.." He says as he brushes my messy hair with his fingers, a sudden anger crossing over his tanned face. I smile.

"I know.." I whisper. I feel my eyes getting heavy. "I'm tired.." I say. Alex gently pushes me down, and lies beside me. I gasp as I turn to face him, leaning on my right side, being careful not to move my left side, with great difficultly.

"You do realise that Im not going to leave your side, after this?" Alex says, giggling. I smile with my eyes closed, enjoying the sound of his voice.