Come Back to Me

Description

Detective Mullen sits down on the table, across from me. He is holding a small notepad, taking notes.

"Can you start from the beginning?" He asks, his tone sounds soft, gentle. Different than our last encounter. Alex sits beside me, he looks tense. I get the feeling that he feels uncomfortable, perhaps intimidated around Mullen.

"Sure.." I whisper, my voice is still week, like I have a cold.

"I was in town and I bumped into a man who I thought I recognised.. I didn't think anything of it until I realised that he looked strange, he had a gun tattoo on his neck. Then I got Alex's message, and that's when it happened.. I knew this guy was watching me. I don't know if he followed me, I didn't see him before. Then I ran, I panicked and took a wrong turn down to the warehouses round the corner.."

Mullen looks down at his notepad as he takes notes. He looks up at me, nodding for me to continue.

"I heard voices, he had someone with him, in a black car. Then I ran as I fast as I could.. But the car, chased me, almost down me down. I jumped out the way and fell.. Then bobbie attacked me."

"What did he do?" Mullen asks. I see Alex's hands clenching.

"He strangled me." I say, holding back the tears. Mullins eyes examine my neck.

"Then, he punched me.. Kicked me... I picked up a rock and hit him over the head. And then I kicked his friend.. And ran."

Alex rubs my back with his hand, Mullen looks at him, raising an eyebrow.. Then Alex stops.

"And you know this..." Mullen says, looking at his notepad.. "Bobbie.. You know him?"

"No, but I've seen him. I'm sure he's been in my old house.. I'm positive."

"Well the description that you provided is pretty good, so we're hoping that we'll find him soon." Mullen looks at my purse lying on the floor.

"Did he.. Touch your purse by any chance? We could check for prints.."

"I don't know.. Maybe." Mullen slips on some gloves and picks up the bag.

"Do you mind if we take this for evidence? I'll empty it onto the table?"

"Ok.."

Mullen empties the contents of my purse onto the table and slips it into a plastic clear bag.

"We'll be in touch, amy..get some rest. You need it. I doubt he knows where Alex lives.. From the sound of it, you accidentally bumped into him. I think that, he was searching for you and you showed up. But he knows you live in area, I guess. Here, take this number. P" He hands me a card.

"Incase of emergency."

"I'm here anyway, I'll take care of her." Alex says.

"Alex, you're on leave. You are not on duty. And judging from today's events, you can't keep amy from harm." Alex jaw clenches. He stands and folds his arms.

"Outside, Alex?" Mullen asks, pointing to the door. Alex looks at me and smiles.

"Be back in a sec.." He says, and follows Mullen. I wonder what they are discussing. I'm too sore and tired even try to find out. A few minutes later Alex comes back, looking tense.

"He's an ass.." I whisper, trying to make Alex feel better.

"He may be an ass but he's right.." He says and walks to the kitchen.