Come Back to Me

Let it go

Now that Tom is back I feel like I have no privacy. All I want to do is sulk and go to sleep.

"Tom can I sleep in your bed for a little while?" I ask, feeling tired from the pain killers.

"Sure.." He says. Mel and Alex are playing a game of cards. I stand up, feeling Alex's eyes on me. Mel looks from me to Alex, raising her eyebrows.

"Your turn..." She says to Alex. "Actually.. Can we play later?" She asks. Alex nods, still staring at me. Mel holds my hand and leads me upstairs. Once in toms room, I sit on the bed and Mel sits bedside me.

"Ok. What's going on?" She asks, folding her arms.

"Huh?" I ask confused.

"You and Alex! Something's happened. You both have been very funny around each other today.."

I sigh and look down at the floor, biting my nails.

"Well? I can just ask Alex.." She snaps.

"Ok.." I quickly say, grabbing her arm.

"Last night.. It was weird. Detective Mullen was here, asking me questions about what happened. After he left Alex was really worked up about something. He said that Mullen was concerned that me and him were.. I don't know, getting close I guess."

"And are you? Has anything happened?" She asks. I shake my head.

"No.. The only that has happened was back in New York, when we almost kissed in my bed. That was all.. But last night it felt different. I actually felt like I could talk to him about it. I thought, maybe we can finally let it happen."

"But it didn't?" Mel asks. "Why?"

"Alex basically shot me down. He said Mullen has concerns, and Tom has concerns, and that there are a lot more important things going on."

"Strange.. I thought something might have happened between you two, because you were both alone together. Didn't he try to kiss you?" Mel asks.

"No.. If anything I'm the one who moved closer to him. I'm the one who made the first move last night... And then he rejected me.. I can't even look him in the eye anymore Mel. I feel so embarrassed. What was I thinking?"

Mel rubs my back. "You're not imagining it, amy. He likes you, I can tell a mile off. Maybe, Mullen warned him.. It could affect his job? And Tom.. Well, it's none of toms business."

"That's what I said. He said it matters to him. What do I do now? Do I just get it out of my head... Are we just friends?" I ask confused.

"I don't know huni. But one things for sure, you need to stop feeling embarrassed. You've done nothing wrong. You acted on instinct.. He's been flirty with you.. He cares for you, looks out for you. He even saved your life. I think Tom even notices the way he looks at you."

"Well.. Tom doesn't want it to happen so.. I guess I should just let it go."

"You really like him, don't you?" Mel asks.

"I think I do.. More than I thought."