Come Back to Me

In love

Amy and Mel have been upstairs chatting for almost 20 minutes. Tom and I are playing a game of cards.

"Amy wants to meet mom and dad soon. After she gets better, obviously." Tom excitedly says.

"That's great news." I say, forcing a smile.

"So, Mel and I are planning a night out together, maybe tomorrow night. Do you want to come?" Tom asks.

"And leave amy?" I ask, confused.

"Well.. I guess your right. I just thought that maybe we could do a double date thing you know.. Me and Mel, you and.. Someone?" Tom asks.

"Me and someone?" I ask curiously.

"Well, here's the thing. There's this girl.."

"I'm not interested tom." I say dryly and throw the cards down on the table.

"Let me finish! There's this girl I know.. She's a friend of matt, remember matt, the guy I work with? Anyway.. She's gorgeous. Brunette, big brown eyes, petite..I thought we could invite her tomorrow night.."

"Tom.. I already told you. Im not interested."

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because.. I'm, tired..." I lie. I want to tell him the truth. I want to tell him that I think I'm in love with his sister. I want his sister to be my date tomorrow night. I don't want this other girl.. Her brown eyes, her brown Hair. What I need is amy, her green eyes and her long blonde hair.

"Tom.." I say, the truth on the tip of my tongue. He sits, waiting for me to talk. "I can't tomorrow night, sorry." I say, standing up.