Come Back to Me

Outside

The next day Mel and I decide to go out for fresh air. I've been tucked up inside this house for a few days now, I need to get out. Tom is at work, and Alex is in his bedroom. I haven't seen him this morning.

"You ready?" She asks.

"Yeah, I can't wait to go out.." I say as I grab my purse.

"Alex, amy and I going out. Bye!" She yells from downstairs. As we reach the front door I hear footsteps coming from upstairs, and Alex running down the stairs out of breath. He shuts the front door in front of us.

"Your going out??" He asks. Mel and I look at each other, confused.

"Yeah.." Mel says, raising an eyebrow. "You know.. Outside?" She says sarcastically, pointing to the door. Alex gives me a concerned look.

"Can I come?" He asks. "I need to pick up a few things anyway.."

"Ach, you only want to come with us to keep a look out for amy! We'll be fine!! I know how to fight!" She says, lifting her fists up and playfully punching Alex's stomach. I giggle.

"Seriously? This is a punch!" Alex says and lifts his fists, clenching them and pretends to pinch Mel's face, but stops at the last second, laughing at Mel's reaction.

"That's how you punch!" He says. "Actually.. Amy do you know how to fight?" He asks, looking at me.

"No.." I say, ashamed. I really should. Alex sighs as he looks at my jaw.

"You wanna learn?" He asks. I look at Mel who is nodding frantically at me.

"In a class?" I ask.

"No, I'll teach you." Mel nods at me again, eyeing Alex and winking at me.

"Okay, why not." I say. "But, as long as Mel and I can go out on our own today." I say.

"Oh, and we get to take your car!" Mel Insists. I fold my arms and Mel does the same, and we stand next to each other staring at Alex. He looks from me to Mel and closes his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Fine.. But be careful! And if I call, you answer! Got it?!" He asks, taking the keys from his pocket. We both nod like we're being told off by our dad, and quickly run out the door.

Mel drives us to town and I feel relieved to be out.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Tom wants to go out tonight, me and him, plus Alex and some girl called Maria." Mel says.

"Maria? What, am I incapable of going out now?" I ask, angry.

"Don't worry, I told Tom it's wasn't gonna happen. The Maria thing, I mean."

"Does Alex know her?" I ask, curious.

"No. She's a friend of a friend apparently. Tom wants to set him up.. He think he needs a distraction.."

"From me?" I ask. Mel doesn't look at me, she sighs.

"I don't know, he didn't say. Maybe.. But Alex refused. So insisted he was going to stay home tonight. So it looks like it'll just be the two of you."

"Great... More awkward silences.." I mumble.

"Or maybe a sexy fight... Fists and all." She jokes.