Come Back to Me

Charged

Alex goes in first, and I follow him. Mel is sitting, holding up a mirror and doing her make up. She has a short red dress on, and her hair is tied back into a bun.

"Hey guys!" Mel mumbles as she puts on her mascara. Tom appears from the kitchen holding a bottle of beer.

"Hey, how did it go?" Tom asks.

"Ok I guess." I say. "Where are you off to?" I ask.

"Mel and I are going out, I asked Alex if he'd like to join us but he said no.." Then I remember Mel telling me about Maria.

"Oh.." I whisper as I take a seat next to Mel.

"Not too late Alex! You should come out.." Tom says, patting Alex's back.

"What about Amy? You really think it's wise for her to be on her own, when there's someone out there looking for her?"

"Ok first of all.." I say, standing and folding my arms. "I don't need babysitting... And second, why wasn't I invited, Tom? I ask.

"Well... Your hurt..that's all.." He says. Sometimes I feeling slapping Tom. "And.. Your not exactly looking your best with that bruise on your face." The urge to slap him becomes stronger. I sigh and walk upstairs.

"What?" I hear tom ask. I slip into Alex's room and sit on his bed. Mel comes in, holding her make up bag.

"Ignore him sweetie.." Mel says as she sits beside me, digging through her make up.

"I'm trying.." I whisper. "He's just.. He has no filter, he just says what he thinks, no matter how hurtful it is."

"Do you want me to hit him?" Mel asks, laughing. I nod and smile.

"Yes, hard!" I joke. "Alex and I kissed tonight." I say quickly.

"What?? Shut up! And??" She asks. I smile, thinking back to our kiss in the car.

"It was good... But don't tell Tom. I think Alex was right, Tom shouldn't know, not yet anyway."

"Hmm.. I guess. I mean, he does talk about it sometimes.. I think he notices the way Alex is around you. He is very against it."

"Great..I think I'm sort of protecting Alex.. I think Tom would kick him out or something stupid like that.."

"I don't know.. God, Tom is very hormonal.. Who knows." We both laugh, knowing that it's true. "So.. Tonight.. You and Alex...?" Mel asks, hunting that we will be alone.

"No! No way... I'm taking this slow. He just doesn't know it yet.."

"Hunni, you've been through a lot. Relax, have fun.. Let yourself go."

"Mmm.. As much as I do like the sound of that.. I can't. I think I need to do this my way. In relationships I've always jumped right into it."

The bedroom door opens, Tom slowly walks in.

"You ready?" He asks Mel. Mel nods, giving me a kiss on the head.

"Bye sweetie.." She says. I follow them downstairs. Tom walks over to Alex and says something. I'm not sure what. They both finally leave and it's just Alex and I. I feel nervous.

"What did Tom say?" I ask curiously.

"Well... Firstly he told me to take care of you.. And secondly... No funny business..whatever that means?" He says, raising an eyebrow. I sigh, Tom really isn't going to be ok with it.

"You wanna watch a movie?" He asks. I nod, sitting down and watching Alex as he picks a DVD. He picks a horror, we both sit next to each other with a blanket draped over us.

"Alex?" I whisper. He wraps his arm around me and looks at me, waiting for me to speak.

"Do I look really bad with this bruise, so bad that I didn't get invited?" I ask, thinking about what Tom said. Alex chuckles, squeezing my shoulder and kissing my cheek.

"Are you kidding? You could have more than one bruise on your face and you'd still look gorgeous. Ignore Tom, he's an idiot."

"Yeah, he is." I say. Alex gently kisses my lips, his hands wrap around me tight as he draws me towards him.

"Is your side ok?" He asks, pulling back as if he's hurt me.

"Not as much.." I say, touching it with my hand suddenly remembering that it's bruised. "The bruise is fading... The quicker this bruise on my jaw fades the sooner I can meet my mom and dad.." Alex smiles runs his fingers through my hair.

"Will they be ok, with this?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" Alex asks.

"Us." I whisper. What if they hate the idea like Tom does? Then we don't stand a chance. "Tom hates the idea.. Like, really hates it."

Alex sighs and rests his head back, staring up at the ceiling. I look at his face, his sharp jaw, his olive skin.

"I have no idea, amy. I would hope that they'd be happy.. I guess we'll find out, when the time comes. And as for Tom, he'll just have to deal with it. I don't know why he's so against it."

I touch his cheek with my hand and kiss him, not letting Tom or anyone else take it away from me. His phone rings and we both sigh, enjoying the moment.

"Hold that thought.." He whispers, kissing my lips and reaching for his phone.

"Mullen.. Any updates?" He asks. "Oh.. Just one? Now? Yeah, I'll talk to her.." He hangs up and hits the pause button. He reaches for my hand.

"That was Mullen. They found bobbie.. They might have found Jeff too " I sit up quickly. "He's being charged.."

I breath a sigh of relief. Alex pulls me into him and holds me tight.

"Finally.." I whisper into his neck.

"Now all you need to focus on is getting better and meeting your new parents..." He whispers in my ear. I nod.