Come Back to Me

And so we meet

As I stare at the two men, the shorter one suddenly turns round meeting my stare. I freeze, not sure whether to approach him, or run. His friend turns round, and then I gasp. That's the guy I bumped into in Starbucks, with the white teeth.

"Oh my god..." I whisper.

"Oh my god yeah! Look at him, he is soooo gorgeous!!!" Mel whispers, referring to white teeth guy. His eyes meet mine, and I know that he recognises me. They both walk towards Mel and I.

"Amy?" Tom asks.

"Tom...Alex.." I remember his name. Tom looks at Alex and back at me in confusion.

"You two know each other??" Mel then looks at me in confusion too.

"You know him?" She asks, pointing.

"No, uh, we talked in Starbucks...remember I said..." He starts mumbling to Tom as if he is speaking another language.

"That was Ciara??" Tom asks surprised.

"Amy.." I say gently.

Now that all the confusion is over, I look at Tom. I don't think we look much alike.

"So, we're not identical.." I say, trying to break the ice. Tom and Alex both Laugh.

"No, looks like you got all the looks." Tom jokes. I can feel Alex's eyes on me, I try not to look at him. Mel nudges me.

"Oh, this is a Mel, my best friend.." She gives Alex the biggest smile and twists her hair in her fingers, biting her bottom lip like she always does when she likes someone.

"Well, not that I need to introduce you but this is Alex, my room mate and best friend too.."

"Really? I'm Amy's room mate!! How weird!!" Mel says, still smiling at Alex.

"So you're taller than me." Tom adds. "I mean, just a little.." I laugh.

"Yeah, a little."

"You both have the same laugh." Alex says, patting toms back.

"Why don't we grab a coffee and let these two catch up?" Mel asks Alex. I don't know why but I feel uneasy at this. Knowing he is staring at me sends shivers up my spine. He is very attractive I guess, and i know Mel is already planning marriage with him like she does with every relationship. I feel jealous, which I shouldn't because I am standing next to my long lost twin. Alex's good looks shouldn't be on my mind. I shrug of the feeling, I'm being stupid.

"Umm sure.." Alex nods at Tom and follows Mel, giving me a smile as he passes.