Status: Active. Weekly updates, but comments mean faster updates!

Meeting Him.

Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Jacks POV
I woke up and looked around at my surroundings, I noticed I was In a hospital bed. There were flowers and balloons and cards saying "get better soon, Jack!" my head was pounding, it hurt, a lot. I pressed the big red button that said "nurse" on it.
"You're awake." She said softly and smiled.
"What happened? Uh how's Jess?" I asked. I wanted to ask a million questions.
"Well, you got into an accident with Jessica Marino. The man who hit you was drunk. The glass shattered, hitting you both and cutting you both, as that happened, your head must of flew forward hitting the dashboard, you have a concussion. You have a few stitches in your arm. You're going to be fine. The drunk driver is paying for your bills and is being put in jail." She said softly and changed the I V bag.
"How about Jess?" I asked extremely concerned.
"She has a broken arm, and a broken leg. she's still asleep. She had stitches. She'll be asleep for a while. She had also hit her head, but she has a concussion also, way worse than yours. She'll be okay." The nurse sadly smiled.
"Can I see her?" I asked getting a little tired.
"She's still sleeping."
"It's fine."
"You need bed rest. You can't. Not right now." She said as I sighed. And let sleep take over my body.
---------
"When do you think he'll wake up?"
"I don't know dude. Hopefully soon."
"I'm just glad he's alive. I couldn't lose him."
"Me either. I'm surprised they're still sleeping. Jessica is still sleeping, but the nurse said Jack was already awake."
Voices kept talking. I tried to move, I tried to talk. I couldn't move, I felt paralyzed. I felt still asleep, but I was awake.
"Dude I can't believe how much sleep hes gotten."
"In the past two and a half days, he's only been awake for like 4 hours. I'm not a doctor or anything but isn't that bad?"
"He has one of those pee thingys so I think that's how he pees. But for food and stuff, I don't even know."
"I wonder if he didn't come up here, if he'd be safe. But no, he had to meet this chick. I mean, Jessica is a great girl. A great person overall, but Jack is my best friend. Because of her oh so great driving, he's hurt."
"Dude. It's not her fault. She's driving, there's either go as far over to the side of the road you can without hitting your car, probably hurting Jack even more, or having the chance of the drunk driver hit her more rather than Jack. I think she's going to go in a coma or something. I don't know. Maybe she'll wake up. Or maybe she'll die. Who knows. I like Jessica. I hope she doesn't die. I still have to harass her about being friends with a fucking psychopath." They started laughing.
"Jack wake up we miss your insane ass."
I concentrated my all on my hand on just squeezing my hand into a ball so they knew I was awake. I kept trying pushing the nerves in my hand to just create a fist. One finger went down to my palm. The next one and the few after that.
"Guys his hand is moving."
"Nurse!" One of them yelled.
"Yes?" She came in urgently.
"He just put his hand in a fist! I think he's awake."
I felt hands on my wrist. I concentrated on moving my wrist a little. I twitched my wrist and focused on opening my eyes. I kept trying and my eyes flew open startling the people sitting beside me. I recognized them all as Zach, Alex and Rian.
"You're awake!" Alex yelled.
"Dude you okay?" Zach said. I nodded and just sat there.
"When does he get to go home?" Rian asked the nurse doing things around my room.
"I'm going to give some pain killers, and he can go home tomorrow." The nurse said.
"Why not now?" Alex said.
"His concussion. Just need to make sure he will be okay and everything." She smiled. A beeper thing went off on her shirt she excused herself and left.
"How long have you been here?" I asked.
"About an hour or two." Zach answered.
"Oh." I said.
"Was it scary?" Alex asked quietly. I looked at him with an annoyed expression.
"No, it wasn't. It was like being at Disney land for the first time. It was like meeting your favorite idol. Getting laid by a model. Like finally turning 21 and realizing you can legally drink. Getting your first blowjob. It was the most fantastic thing in the world!" I said sarcasm heavy in my voice.
"I'm sorry.." Alex said quietly.
"It was terrible.. I hope anyone doesn't have to go through this, but I know people do because of drunk drivers. She wouldn't go all the way over because she didn't want to kill me. After the drunk driver hit her side, it killed me to see her leg fucked up like that, her arm was bent in ways it shouldn't be fucking bent. Her head flew forward into the airbag and bounced back. She screamed so loud." I was crying by now.
"Also, who was the fucktard who said it was her fault? It wasn't her fault. It was the drunk drivers ---" I got cut off.
"Excuse me, you have another visitor." The nurse said.
"Okay." I smiled and wiped my face. Leda walked in. This was the first time I seen her in almost 4 months. Her stomach was pushed out, from her baby I assume.
"Hey." She said quietly.
"Leda! How are you?!" I said excitedly.
"I'm doing good. Got my baby, got my jobs, going to be moving soon, the real question is about you. Are you okay?" She said standing by Zach.
"Hey, do you want this chair?" Alex got up and motioned to the chair.
"Oh, sure, thank you!" She smiled sitting down.
"I'm okay, I'm alive. Have you seen Jessica?" I asked concerned.
"Yea, I did." She said quietly.
"She has 2 casts on. One on her arm and her leg. She just woke up. I talked to her for about an hour and she wanted me to check up on you."
"What color!" I said
"Green and blue." She smirked.
"I want to sign them!" I smiled.
"I signed them first! Ha!" She said smiling.
"I want to sign too!" Alex said leaving the room.
"I'll sign later." Zach said and Rian nodded.
"I want to go see her." I sighed.
Leda stretched over and pressed the nurse button.
"Here!" Leda smiled. The nurse came quickly.
"Yes?" She smiled.
"I was wondering if I could go see Jessica." I asked nervously.
"I guess I could sneak you in there for a little bit." She smiled. She took my Iv out and helped me up. We walked a few rooms down. She had me wait in the hallway and I saw Alex laughing.
"You have a visitor who said they couldn't wait another minute to see you." The nurse laughed and motioned for me to come inside. I saw her and she had a weak smile on her face. She certainly had a green cast on her arm and a blue one on her leg.
"I came to sign your cast." I laughed and sat down.
"You're okay!" She smiled.
"I'm fine, and you're going to be okay." I smiled back, signing both casts, I got up, gave her a hug and sat back down. I looked around her room noticing that her room was bigger and she had less balloons and flowers than me. Leda sat by Alex and they had been talking the whole time. I smiled on how everyone was getting along. Rian would join in on what Alex and Leda were talking about and Zach was talking to Jessica. They were all talking to Jessica.
"How are you?" I smiled at Jessica.
"I'm good. Leda, Conner, Andrew and you guys are the only ones who came so far. Honestly that's all I need. I don't mind." She smiled.
"That's great." I smiled.
"Hey, we're all going to go get uh coffee." Alex said smiling and scratching the back of his neck.
"Uh alright." I laughed and they all piled out the door.
"I'm so glad you're okay." I said smiling.
"I'm glad you're okay!!" She said putting emphasis on the you're.
"You mean so much to me, I couldn't lose you." I said looking down.
"I was scared I was going to lose you, or you would be mad at me for this all. I thought you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore. I just like you, a lot. I didn't want you to hate me." She said while tears were streaming down her face.
"I'm not mad at you, I could never hate you. Not even if you stole my home alone movies and everything, I could never hate you. I like you a lot, too." I laughed. I wiped her tears away and she smiled. I leaned up and kissed her soft lips. She kissed back and it was over, just like that. It was amazing. She smiled.
"I'm taking you on a date when we get out. Something that won't require your arm and leg that often." I smiled and kissed her again.
"Pst! I need to bring you back to your room!" The nurse said not trying to interrupt. I smiled got up said goodbye and walked back to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it!
Comments would be great!
Thank you to
Wheremydemonshide and Plora :)
Plora: my last update was short because I'm extremely busy and felt like I needed to update, sorry! <3