Status: This is for Brinlee, so I hope you guys enjoy, too! :)

All I'll Ever Need

00. Good and Bad

Growing up, nothing ever made sense to me. Life was never kind to me, or my family, and I could never figure out what I did—what any of us did—to deserve the things we had to go through.

If it wasn’t one thing, it was another, and nothing ever made sense.

And then I met him. Everything turned around, and life suddenly made sense.

Good doesn’t happen all the time, and bad comes your way so that you learn to appreciate and value the good. If life is always good, people get stingy and ungrateful.

I didn’t want my kids to go through bad, but I sure as hell didn’t want selfish brats who expected everyone around them to make sure everything was good.

Maybe it was cliché to say that he changed my life, turned everything around and brought genuine joy that I had never experienced, but that was exactly what he did.

And I would always be grateful for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
The lyrics are from Growing Up by the Maine. I love that band with a deep and burning passion.

So, Brinlee (Dixon-Darling) has a deep love for hockey, and the more she loves it, the more she talks about it. And if you know her, you would know she lovesSidney Crosby. And Jonathan Toews. And some others she doesn't talk about as much.

Well, for her, I decided to write a Sidney Crosby story. :) I hope you guys enjoy it! It's a working progress. I don't know much about hockey, but I find Sid to be absolutely precious. :)