Sequel: Immortal Kiss
Status: New/Approved

His Blood Filled Kiss

The End of a Life

I was inside a hospital with walls the palest of white, waiting for my only love to die in order to bring her back to life as one of my kind. It hurt me watching Myrian die but that was what she wanted, what she wished for. My dear wife wanted her life as a human to end before she became a creature of the night.

Her bright eyes were closed, as smoke was filling her lungs through the spell casted by Maria; the witch. Maria was right behind me with her dark brown eyes fixated on my dying wife. Her hands were in front of her like she was offering food to birds in a park, though what she offered was more than that. She offered a painless death.

While today was the last day of my wife’s life as a human thanks to the cancer in her blood, Marian was taking all of her pain - making her die without pain. The pain was even more unbearable for a witch but Marian was my right hand and we were friends for life. She’d never say no to something I wanted or really needed. Of course the same went for me.

Tears ran down the witch’s eyes while she started chanting in an ancient language, long forgotten from my brain and my memories. Her dark eyes were filled with fire, ready to be spilled like lava from a volcano and burn us all.

Maria closed her eyes, trying to withstand the pain till my wife was dead but I saw her biting her lip for a moment. She bit hard enough to draw blood and her knees were shaking but she pushed herself to the limit even more, making her voice sound harsh like she was commanding spirits of dead soldiers to do her biding.

A few more minutes passed and her knees gave up on her. I rushed to her side, helping her get up when she muttered, ‘’it is done. It’s time for you to turn her.’’ We looked deep into each other’s eyes, confirming that it was the right time to do what had to be done. I nodded my head and walked to the bed where my wife was laid.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I'd let you know that the poem in the summary was written by me and it was half inspired by the song ''Eight of Nine'' by ''Ataris''.

Also, this story was created thanks to this contest: Mibba Month: Self-Insert Story Contest. I don't think I would have started this without the contest because that's where I got the idea from.

This story is written from Christian's POV while Immortal Kiss (sequel) is from Ophelia's POV and Christian is her master in the sequel.

Won second place in A Huge Song Fic Contest with the song Eight of Nine by Ataris and third place in Self-Insert Contest.