In the Shallows

Feelings

I had pretty much ignored Daryl the whole night after his little charade with Carol, ignoring his constant stares and grunts was far easier than I thought it would be. Who knew that it would take me being extremely angry with him to ignore everything about him. It wasn't as much as Carol saying those things or the fact that Daryl had a soft moment and wanted to help; it was because he was trying to get me mad that made me so angry. You don't make a girl jealous on purpose, it's one of the first rules in the book. Even if whatever Daryl and I was-was undetermined, it didn't give him a right to intentionally try to make me jealous.

So he was just going to have to sit there and wallow in my pissed off mood. Carol had approached me throughout the night asking if I was mad at her but all I did was shake my head and continue staring off into the fire. The both of them didn't deserve my attention right now and I think I was pretty justified on those accounts.

When the first light of morning shone through, Rick had given out the plans for the day and I was a hundred percent sure that he had gone insane. Clearing out the cemented courtyard and breezeways were easier said than done, there were tons of jump-suited walkers roaming the way.

But, I had learned to trust Rick and somebody had to other than Lori and Carl. I pressed my lips as Hershel stood by the gate to close it off once we were inside. Rick, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, T-Dog, and I walked in, our knives and various sharp weapons drawn and ready. We had taken the strays surrounding us without a flaw, it was just the ones that started pouring out from every which way that started to worry me.

We kept our formation tight and tried to cover everyone, but eventually we had all sprawled out and started to take on those they kept coming. I was thankful that the others on the other side of the fence were drawing some in their direction. We were getting swarmed, hard. I swung my knife and struck dead center of one's forehead, hearing the crunch and watching the blood squirt out was enough to make my stomach churn. I winced as my upper body heaved over with it, placing my boot on it's chest I tried to yank the knife out. Looking up and double taking, my hand was quick to my side, pulling out one of those nifty throwing knives and threw one with such precision; I almost wanted to sit back and admire the straight shot it made with a geek that was seconds from biting Daryl.

He spun around, his eyes trailing over the dead geek at his feet and then back at me. Our eyes locked for a moment, my hand yanked hard on the knife that was still lodged in the one from before, pulling it out, I broke the gaze. I scurried a little past Rick and almost around the corner before I let out a small squeak and pushed myself back, falling into Rick and the others. I shook my head, my brown eyes bulging out of my head. I chewed on my lip as two spotted us from the other side, they were wearing helmets and bullet proof clothing, it made my stomach churn again. They were basically indestructible. I squealed again as the walkers from around the corner started to pile in.

My chest heaved as Daryl's arrows failed to make a dent. More like the other two with heavy padded chest pieces came hurdling towards Maggie and Glenn, I was just about to help them when I overheard Rick yell my name along with Daryl, turning to find Rick trying to reach the other gate, I sprinted, taking out the ones that were hot on his trail. I stumbled slightly forward, feeling their hands grab all over me made me want to scream but I didn't. Kicking and pushing back the monsters, Rick and Daryl quickly closed off the gate and secured it shut.

My mind was racing, we still had the matter of trying to kill off the beasts that had protection, spinning around, I sprinted towards one that cornered Maggie along with a few others, slamming him down to the ground,I climbed on top of him, lifting his helmet up slightly, I shoved my knife in it's neck.

I turned back towards Maggie who followed my same movements, in no time the others had carefully and swiftly taken out the others.

I looked down at my body, blood splatter all over my clothes, blood dripping from my hands and arms, it was a nasty sight. I was thankful that I wasn't squeamish about walker blood because I probably would have gone into a full out panic episode. I tried to suck in air, my lungs needing the oxygen. Looking at everyone else, they were all in the same boat as me. Filthy and hurting for air.

We started to head back towards the others, but Rick stopped us, Glenn piping up, "Why? It looks secure."

Daryl shook his head, pointing towards the group we had sealed off, "Not from the look of that courtyard over there. And that's a civilian," he pointed towards what used to be a young woman.

T-Dog used his arm to lean against the building, his chest rising and falling, "So the interior could be overrun with walkers from outside the prison."

Glenn groaned, "Well, if there's walls down, what are we gonna do? We can't rebuild this whole place."

Rick pressed his lips, his hand on his hip, "We can't risk a blind spot, we have to push in."

I made a face, my eyes rolling to the back of my head as I followed closely behind him. I cautiously followed him into the fenced doorway, everything smelled like blood or rust and the two smells couldn't have struck my nose any more wrong than it did just then. We walked up a few metal steps and positioned Daryl and Rick at the door, Daryl slid open the door but we were only met with a railed door. He walked cautiously forward, myself following closely behind and then Daryl.

We proceeded past the railed door and down the steps into the open space that led into the different cell blocks. Paper, bodies, and trash were littered everywhere. I had zoned out for a few seconds, absorbed in all the chaos that had gone down. I felt Daryl nudge my arm, snapping out of it, I gave a slight groan as Rick started to unlock one of the cell blocks.

I started up the steps, my eyes scanning over each cell, my stomach twisting and turning, someone had already done our job. I squealed when I felt hands reach for me through a cell that was closed, my heart raced from the split second of thinking I was done for. Daryl was near me, looking at the cell next to the one I was standing in front of, he pulled out his knife, stabbing that one in the head. I followed his actions, then turning around, I leaned over the railing, whistling to Rick, holding out my hands as I asked for the keys.

He threw them up, catching them without a trouble, I unlocked both cells and threw the dead bodies across the railing. If we were going to stay in this cell, I wasn't going to sleep with rotting flesh, no thank you. I leaned casually against the railing as the rest of the group piled in with our things. I rolled my eyes when I felt Daryl's stares for the millionth time, "If you wanna say something, spit it out, Dixon."

Daryl scoffed, "I ain't the one that needs to say somethin'."

I pressed my lips, I was still mad at him. "I ain't either." I walked past him but not quick enough, because his hand caught my forearm, "What." I spat.
His blue eyes softened as he kept his stare straight, "Sorry I made ya mad." He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry isn't going to cut it, Daryl." I pulled back on my arm, but he kept it in his strong grip, "Daryl," I hissed.

The next thing he did was unexpected and it made my head spin, he roughly pushed me into a cell, he pressed my back against the wall and his lips attached to mine in the most roughest and sexiest way possible. I felt him drop his crossbow onto the bed next to us, his hands finding their way to my hips. I gasped lightly when his hands tightened, pulling my lower body towards him. He had never kissed me so hungrily before and to be honest, it was bringing up a lot of unwanted feelings.

He pulled away from me, his eyes burning with lust, "How's that for sorry?" My words were lost in my throat, my mouth opening and then closing. He chuckled, "Cat got ya tongue?"

"Hey guys-oh sorry." Glenn swallowed hard as he probably tried to erase the image of me pinned up against the wall by Daryl, he looked away, his hands on his hips, and his eyes looking everywhere except us, "Rick wants you guys to help sweep the-the jail."

Daryl grunted, "Kay, we'll be down in a minute." It was surprising to me that he hadn't ripped away from me like he normally did whenever one of the group would catch us in a moment. He turned his focus on me, his hand finding it's way on my cheek, his lips pressed into mine while he other hand trailed upwards underneath my shirt.

Once he reached just underneath my bra, I pulled away from the kiss and swatted his hand away, "I don't think so, Dixon." My eyes narrowed slightly, he had copped a feild more than once during the winter and quite honestly I didn't want it to lead any further than that.

He smirked, "One of these days, Lex."

I snorted, "In your dreams, Daryl. In your fucking dreams."

He shook his head, his mouth still turned upwards in that smirk, "Ya gonna want it and I ain't gonna give it ta ya. Jus' you wait."

This time I smirked, leaning forward, my lips pressed lightly on his neck, my voice in a chilling whisper, "Oh baby, you'll give it to me the second I ask for it. Don't lie." I then started to pur, "'Cause we all know how bad you want it."

He swallowed thickly, his voice a growl, "Ya a damn pain in my ass."

I laughed, "Tell me something I don't know and FYI I'm still mad at you."

Daryl snorted, "Tell me somethin' I don' know."
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you too;
amymariemichelss
loveismyweapon
<3

Image