In the Shallows

Seized

I wanted to scream, just flat out scream. Everyone had to be out their damn mind if they thought I was going to waltz out there along with them. No matter how hard I could try to convince Daryl to let me stay here, he wouldn't let me. This was the same person who refused to let me go out on dates when I was younger. I mean neither did Merle, but that was besides the point. I gave Daryl a dirty look as he moved next to me, he responded with rolling his eyes. I took a deep breath as we tried to map out Glenn's plan to retrieve the bag of guns that Rick had left a few days before.

"You're not doing this alone." Rick said, shaking his head towards Glenn. I hadn't known Rick for very long, but there was something about him that didn't feel right. Although, Lori gave me the same feeling but no one did as much as Shane. I hated Shane and it was odd enough to know that Rick and him were so close before this world went insane.

"Even I think it's a bad idea and I don' even like you much." Daryl said, looking over my shoulder onto Glenn's makeshift map.

I turned my heard towards him, giving him another dirty look, "Really?" I hissed. I gave no one in particular a look, I mean who does that? Who outright says they don't like you?

Glenn seemed un-phased by the comment, "It's a good idea, okay. If you just hear me out." We all listened to his plan as he used office supplies as examples. Even if I didn't want to admit it, his plan sounded foul proof. "This alley right here, that's where Daryl, Alex and I will go."

Daryl raised an eyebrow, "Why us?"

He motioned towards Daryl's crossbow, "Your crossbow is quieter than his gun. And I'm just assuming that Alex goes where you go." Duh. Even I knew why Glenn wanted Daryl to cover him. "While Daryl and Alex wait here in this alley, I run up the street and grab the bag."

"You got us elsewhere?" Rick asked.

I chewed my middle finger as we continued to listen to Glenn's plan, it was already giving me anxiety and we hadn't even stepped outside these walls yet. I felt Daryl's hard glare burn into the side of my head but I didn't care. He couldn't protect me from the truth of this being one of the riskiest plans ever.

He squinted his eyes towards Glenn, "Hey kid, what'd you do before all this?"

Glenn gave a blank expression, "Delivered pizzas, why?"

I snorted, kicking off from the desk and dropping my hand from my mouth. We all had the same expression, no wonder he knew these streets like the back of his hand. I could barely recall which direction we came from and that was a real bad thing, I always had a bad sense of direction. I walked over towards the cracked window, peering down into the geek filled streets, my heart racing. I had to have lost my fucking mind.

After a few minutes of trying to get a hold of my nerves, we descending down a fire escape, Glenn and Daryl going down first and then me. The second my boots touched the ground, I could feel my heart race. I pulled out the handgun from behind my back and had it ready in case anything were to happen. We quickly and quietly sprinted towards the end of the alleyway, stopping right before a pair of dumpsters. My breath caught as I saw those geeks roaming the streets, I had quickly realized the true amount of fear I had for those things. I was absolutely terrified.

Daryl loaded his bow, "You got some balls for a Chinaman."

Glenn rolled his eyes, prepping himself, "I'm Korean."

"Whatever." He replied, he crouched down the second Glenn left the alley, harshly bringing me down with him.

"Ow." I rubbed my arm, giving him the millionth dirty look today. I lightly smacked him upside the head, my voice a low whisper, "You are such an asshole." Even though I didn't clarify what I meant by that, I knew he knew what I meant. He just rolled his eyes and kept me against the wall. After a few minutes, I heard something coming from behind, I nudged Daryl, motioning towards the sound. Daryl quickly sprang up, his crossbow ready to shoot whatever was coming our way. I wasn't prepared to hear another human voice, jumping up too, my eyes fell upon a teenager boy.

"Whoa, don't shoot me!" He put his hands up, his eyes wide with fear and if he was smart, he should be scared. Daryl wasn't someone you wanted to mess with, period. "What do you want?"

"Lookin' for my brother. He's hurt real bad. Ya seen him?"

I cringed the second the boy started to scream out, "Ayudame!

I moved away from the dumpster, "Shush! Shut up." I tried to quiet him down, but he just screaming out. Between Daryl's finger hover the trigger and that stupid kid crying out, I couldn't focus. My mind was spinning, we were going to die and it was all this stupid kids fault. I shrieked loudly as Daryl swung his bow and clock the kid in the mouth. Everything was happening so fast, who was this kid? And where the hell did he come from.

I screamed again when I felt a pair of strong hands grab at my waist, throwing me down on the ground, hard. I scrambled to pick up the gun but someone beat me to it, he took the butt of the gun and smacked my face with it, my hand flying to the stinging sensation underneath my right eye. I looked down at my hand, blood dripping from the now open cut. I groaned in pain, "Son of bitch." I looked up in horror as the same man and a different one started to beat up on Daryl. I quickly stood up, pulling one of the guys away from him, but was only thrown up against the dumpster.

They both stopped hitting on Daryl and looked towards Glenn who had finally showed up, "That's it! That's the bag, Vato, take it! Take it!"

I screamed again as they started to hit on Glenn, "Stop!" If it wasn't for the burning sensation underneath my eye and the pain that was brewing on the back of my shoulder, I would have tried to stop them. I yelped out when one of the grabbed me and tossed me over his shoulder, "Daryl!"

I could see the anger in his eyes, "Lex!" He picked up his bow and shot the gut who was holding me in the butt, "Let her go!" He growled out, but he was too late. I was tossed in the back of a car with Glenn and we sped away. My voice screaming for Daryl and the others.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really liking what I'm have. Pretty much have like six more chapters already written.
<3
Thank you to those who've commented | subscribed | recommended.

Image