In the Shallows

Rescued

I could hear Glenn, but I couldn't see him. The second these jackasses had gotten us to stop moving, they placed blindfolds over us. At least they did with me, Glenn could have been a different story since I couldn't see shit. After countless minutes passed by, I felt the car come to a stop. I was roughly pulled from the car and practically dragged into what I thought was a building, I heard murmurs and a whole lot of Spanish floating in the air. Apart of me kicked myself for not taking it back in high school. I was soon thrown on the cold concrete, my hands flying to the blind fold, ripping it off, my eyes narrowed at our captors, "You fucking pricks." I spat, crawling towards Glenn, I removed his blindfold, checking over his face to make sure everything was still in tact and then didn't hurt him too badly.

His eyes read absolute fear, he choked on air, "Alex! Your face."

I shook my head, "I'm fine, are you okay?" He nodded which I nodded in return. I huddled closer towards him, looping my arm with his as a bigger group of men emerged from the warehouse door. I was shaking with fear now and I was only hoping that they didn't see it. I had to try to at least try to be fearless, right? My breath caught in my throat as one of them started walking towards us.

He bent down to our level, his head shaking slightly, he glanced towards the men who brought us in, "You hit a women, ese? That blood's fresh."

The man looked away, "Sorry, G. I um-uh-I."

I took a deep breath, mustering up the courage but failed while my voice faltered, "Let us go,"

He looked back at me, his mouth pursed, his eyebrow raised, "Can't do that. You see, your little friends have something we need-what we want." He reached towards my face which I gladly denied, "Why don't you let us take care of that for you. In exchange you give us what we want. That bag of guns."

"Don't fucking touch me." I snapped.

"All right then." He sighed, standing up, he turned his head towards someone who spoke in complete Spanish. He gave a little smirk, "Speak of the devil, eh? Take them on the roof."

My eyes widened before I had the chance to speak, in seconds I had duct tape over my mouth and bag placed over my head. I could hear Glenn trying to struggle and all I could think of was for him to stop. There was no point in trying to resist, they had us in a weak spot. I felt myself being picked up from the ground and carried up the flight of stairs, my shins banging against the metal steps. I cursed silently in my head, nothing was worse then hitting your shin on a hard surface, period. In no time we were up on the roof, the sound of the wind and birds filled my ears. I swore that I heard Rick's voice floating around somewhere. I heard a faint whistle and a sound before I was pushed forward, I started to whimper loudly when I went to take a step and realized that there wasn't anything to catch my footing.

The man ripped the bag off my head, trying to fight to get away from the edge of roof, I was just permanently held there. My upper half hovering over the ground, I squealed behind the tape. That was a long drop and I was praying to God that they weren't going push us over. My eyes flickered to Glenn who read my same expression, looking down my eyes met with Daryl's. I could see a mixture of anger, panic, and desperation in them and I couldn't even tell him that everything was going to be okay. Even though I knew the way things were going, it didn't see to be going my way anytime soon.

Glenn started to whimper as Rick, Daryl, and that kid were forced to walk away, we both exchanged looks. My heart raced, what the hell was going on? Why were they walking away? Wasn't it a fair trade? Us for that kid? Thinking on it, I remembered they wanted those guns. Fuck me, out of all the things Daryl had dragged me too. We were dragged back down the flight of stairs, this time with our vision aiding us in where we happened to be. And for the third or fourth time today, I was thrown on the ground alongside Glenn.

The man from before suddenly appeared, he cleared his throat, clapping his hands together, "I don't want to be the bad guy. I'm not the bad guy. I'm actually the good guy."
Glenn snorted, "Right, cause kidnapping two people really defines you as a good guy." But he quickly recoiled the second the man gave him a dirty look.

He sighed, "I'm Guillermo, but most people call me G, 'round here. What's yours?"

I clenched my jaw, "Alex," I motioned towards Glenn, "Glenn." My breathing was short and rapid, "If your such a good guy why don't you let us go?"

Guillermo shook his head, "Can't do that. Already told you. I want those bag of guns to protect my people."

Glenn squinted his eyes, "Your people? What? You mean these big tough guys? You don't need guns like we do. We have children, we need those guns. There's no way they're going to give those up."

He nodded, clearing his throat, "Why don't you uh follow me and I'll let you meet my people." He motioned for us to follow, guiding us in and out of broken down buildings, he finally led us into what appeared to be an old retirement home. My heart broke the second I saw the place filled with elders. I glanced over towards Glenn.

I linked arms with him as we walked through the halls, suddenly forgetting the fear that had consumed my body just moments before. Guillermo wasn't trying to act like a boss, he had to be. He was protecting these elderly folk, giving them hope, hope that they had probably lost a long time ago, way before this world went downhill. I chewed on my lips as some of them conversed with me, telling me their stories and all about their familes. For a split second I forgot about the horrors outside these walls. It had only seemed like only an hour or two before one of them started to gasp for air.

I started to panic, but the others had reassured me that everything was under control. I held on to him, my thumb running over his dark skinned hand, murmuring, "Everything's going to be alright, it's going to be okay." It wasn't until I heard a familiar voice that I looked up. A small smile graced my lips, I knew he wouldn't fail to come find me. I broke up the second Felipe started to adminster the man with an inhaler. Rushing towards him, I threw my arms around his neck, I felt him tense up but not a few seconds later, he loosely placed an arm around me. Giving a small chuckle, he wasn't a touchy feely person. Normally he would have pushed me away or snap at me, but given the circumstances of thinking I was going to die, he must have swallowed his pride. He squinted towards me, his thumb running over the cut under my eye, I softly spoke, "Before you go asking the million dollar question, I'm okay and no one touched me."

He nodded, dropping his hand from my face, "Good."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short. :/ I was late updating.
I was watching the Survivor Finale: So pissed Woo didn't win. D:
Thank you to JamieJo, jasminewebby, and tnagle5692
Ya'll the best. <3

Image