Status: In the process of rewriting. ACTIVE!

Lost Lullabies

Prologue

The female Seeker positioned her knife closer to Ma's throat.

"MA!!"
"Shut the hell up, boy! Yul, will you please get rid of that thing? It's driving me hella nuts. Hurry up, you idiot!"

The male Seeker stomped over to the boy and slashed his face with his dagger.

"AHHH!!!" His right eye was now completely draped in blood and throbbed with so much pain. Right now though, the pain didn't matter. Fear and helplessness washed over him as he tried to break free from the ropes that bound him to the tree but he was so exhausted that he couldn't even move his feet.

Ma!
He screamed for his loved one; he screamed for his only relative, but he knew there was no way someone would come and save them. He glanced at his mother and saw for the first time, a frightened expression on her face.
Ma was really scared. This was really happening.

"So can I get what I came here for?"
Ma told him about these people; they were called Seekers, a race that comprised of selfish creatures who desired for pleasure. They looked a bit like Humans, but what defined them were their birth scars. Once you saw a weird-looking mark on someone's face, that would already prove that that person was a Seeker. Whenever they wanted something, they would come and steal it from whoever.
Like what the Daredevil was doing right now.

"HOW DARE YOU HURT MY CHILD, SAIDA!!" She was back to her own self; brave and strong, yet he could still see the dread and despair in his mother's eyes.
"Isn't that why I'm called the Daredevil? Anyway, back to business. I shall slit your pretty throat now, Lyra dear. Prepare, and good luck on your death journey!"
As if it was the most normal thing in the world!
He watched the blade slice Ma's throat painstakingly slow that he struggled so hard to pry himself out of the ropes. All he could hear now was her soft weeping and choked gasps. He could feel his energy draining, his tears rising to his eyes...
Finally, he managed to yell for help. "NOOO!!! MA, MA!! HELP!!! SOMEBODY, PLEASE HELP US!! SOMEONE!! HELP!!!"

The two Seekers threw him the coldest glares. "What in the world?! I thought you killed him, Yul! Why is the Human still alive?!" The female Seeker kept on squabbling that she didn't even notice her voice rise into a high octave, obtaining her mother's beautiful, melodic voice.
"Y-You got her voice, Saida! You've done it!" Yul exclaimed in awe when footsteps sounded nearby.
"Dammit! Forget the child, let's go!"
The murderer and her assistant escaped, leaving him and his dead mother in the camp. He started sobbing while he stared at his mother's bloody throat.
She's gone; the Whisperers must have taken her soul away. He continued to sob softly.
Ma was dead. And now, he was all alone in this world that he wasn't too familiar with.
The footsteps became faster and louder.
His heart grew heavy, as if it carried the burden of his mother's merciless death. It felt like a cold blade had just stabbed through without warning. Like what happened to his right eye.
Now that he remembered, the pain returned. Groaning, he clenched his teeth to fight it back. Suddenly, a new emotion overwhelmed him, consuming him from the inside. His vision turned hazy as he welcomed this surge of madness. Anger infiltrated every part of him and now...
I'll show her!
I will, I definitely will!
I will avenge Ma's death!

He was too weak to move a muscle. At last, someone rushed to his aid.
"Hey, can you hear me?" Someone was shaking him vigorously.
If only... He was very tired that he nodded off. He felt the fresh pool of his blood make its way through his shirt, onto his skin.

If only this was a dream I'd wake up from...
♠ ♠ ♠
It was once entitled Lullabies of the Lost, but that was a looong time ago and I'm rewriting it now. I'm just so in love with this story and I don't want to abandon it, so here it is! I hope that you all will look forward to the next chapters, because I'm completely immersing my whole self in writing this to make it reaaaally good. Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated! hehe.