Status: In the process of rewriting. ACTIVE!

Lost Lullabies

Ignorance

The sun's rays peeked through the leaves and branches of the trees and tainted the skins of the people in the small village that resided in the outermost part of the Forest. Since it was an early morning in May, the Humans were busy attending to their needs; the women washed their clothes by the river that flowed into a lake while the men fished farther away where marine life was more prominent. Young children ran and chased one another, splashing water as they went. It was a normal, peaceful day, until--
"S-Someone, help!!"
A girl came crashing through the shrubs and dropped to her knees as soon as she met civilization. She panted heavily and glanced at each and every person whose eyes rested upon her, shocked and confused.

"My friend, she's-- she's in trouble, please!"

Everyone just stared at her in response, not bothering to approach her. They all knew what kind of trouble her friend was in and they had no intentions of lending her a hand, because...
"A Seeker's hurting her, please, you have to help her!"

Upon hearing the word 'Seeker', children cried and searched for their mothers' skirts to clutch onto. Murmured prayers were heard. Some of the men went back to harpooning fish.
No, it was too risky. Not one of them dared to interfere. Yes, they did care, they wanted to help. But did they have a chance against an experienced murderer? Of course not. They were simply Humans.

All of a sudden, an ear-piercing shriek echoed throughout the Forest, followed by the harsh silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review! That would be very much appreciated :-)