Unleashed

Unleashed 10

-Saturday-

Jared trudged, under the weight of shame and anger, to the pass at the front of the kitchen. He slammed the tray of fish on the counter for Alex to inspect before sending it to the diners.

'Here we go. He's giving me that fucking attitude again. I'm not putting up with his bullshit anymore!' "What's wrong with you." The comment voiced in an authoritative tone wasn't a question. Alex waited for an answer, frustrated with the head chef, and shook his head at the food placed before him.

"Nothing." Jared snapped, his fists clenching open and closed. His personal life was none of Alex's business. Here was here to work, not converse.

Alex strongly disagreed. "There is something up your ass today and as your superior you need to either tell me what your problem is or straighten up because your skills as a head chef are bordering on incompetent." He stood rigid and didn't hold back the condescending tirade, "If you can do neither, then get your ass out of my kitchen. It'll run easier without you fucking up every order. Take this fish back, I asked for a tuna steak, not salmon. Get your head in the game!" He shoved the tray back at Jared and turned around, dismissing him.

Jared understood Alex had a valid reason for being angry. "Yes, chef," he replied weakly. His shoulders sagged as he walked back to his station.

'I can't believe I fell for Dean again. All he does and has done is hurt me and make me miserable. He fucked with my head and I let him—again. I don't care that he was drunk, he knew what he was doing. Why did I let him back into my life? I had nothing to gain, I was happy without him in my life. Okay, so I wanted to prove to him that I got over him, but I didn't. I don't think I ever will.'

"Jared! Backroom. Now. Christina, run the pass until I get back," Alex barked out the orders and shot a sneer at Jared who'd been standing at his station with his eyes closed. He hadn't even fired the tuna steaks.

Among boxes of food and fresh vegetables, Jared kept his distance and stayed out of Alex's reach. Ashamed of his lack of concentration tonight, he hung his head.

"What is going on?" Alex glowered at the younger chef. "Tell me or I'll have no recourse but to tell Mr. Bennington and have you fired."

Jared's head shot up with an imploring expression upon his face. "Don't go to him, please." It was the last thing he wanted. Dean would come to the kitchen to talk to him about his job and Jared would be stuck having to see him. "I'll tell you why I'm unfocused." His glasslike eyes met Alex's for a second, then he turned partially away and looked down. Murmuring, he said, "I like someone, romantically, and he kissed me. At the time I thought it meant he liked me too, but it turns out that he doesn't."

Alex rolled his eyes. Relationship problems shouldn't be brought to work. "Why would he kiss you if he doesn't like you?"

"As a joke." Jared glanced sideways, seeing confusion in the form of creases on Alex's forehead.

Alex threw his hands up in the air. This other guy was messing with his head chef's performance. "That's not a fucking joke, it's mean spirited. You're better off without that jackass." Alex considered Jared and spoke again, "Are you positive he intended it as a joke?"

Jared nodded. "He initiated the kiss. I kissed back and when I tried to deepen it, he pushed me away and..." He told him about the offer of money for the kiss.

Alex appeared uncomfortable for someone who was always composed and in charge. He sighed aloud and gave a sharp shake of his head. Speaking with experience, he said, "I'm sorry that happened to you, Jared. Some people just don't know what they want. Sounds like this man liked kissing you, but had second thoughts about it afterward."

"I shouldn't have been surprised. I've been hurt by him before. It's my fault that I trusted him again."

Alex frowned and crossed his arms; one hand made a fist and his chin rested on it as he thought. It didn't take him long to come to a conclusion. He wet his lips and watched Jared's anxious actions; his head chef ran his shaky fingers through his hair and then tamped it down. Alex whispered on a deflated sigh, "Mr. Bennington."

Jared looked up and laughed nervously. "What? No."

"I know you two were friends from high school and just moments ago you emphatically stated you didn't want me to talk to him. It was easy to figure out, but what I don't understand is why he'd do that to you," he questioned more to himself than pointedly asking Jared.

Jared didn't bother denying the man was Dean. "He thought it'd be funny?" He rested his weight on his left foot and clasped his hands together, picking at his short nails.

"No. Something was lost somewhere along the way. He may have kissed you, but he's married. That weighs heavily on a person. He's not the type to cheat and he's not gay. My guess is he felt the urge or was curious then came to his senses. I'm sure his intentions weren't meant to hurt you."

Jared shrugged awkwardly, heat radiating off his face. "It doesn't matter now. Can I go back to work?"

"I want you to take your break. Relax and get your head together. I'll see you when you get back." Alex patted Jared's shoulder. He turned around to walk through the kitchen with his fists at his side and his mouth set.

"Christina, I'm going to be a while. Continue on the pass. If you need help, call Jared up. He's taking his break," Alex said without stopping. He strode through the lobby, took the elevators up to Dean's office, and knocked on the door.

"Yes, come inside," Dean hollered across the room and turned from the view out the window.

Alex stormed in, taking Dean aback for a moment. "Hi, Alex. Something happen in the kitchen?"

"You could say that," Alex came toe to toe with Dean.

"Hey, boundaries, man."

Alex took one step back. His eyes remained narrowed with a steely glint in them and his chin jutted out.

Dean guessed what was wrong—what was always wrong with Alex. "What now? Did Jared make something you didn't like?"

"Oh this is about Jared, but he's done nothing." He clenched his teeth so hard that muscles jumped near his jawline. If he could smack his boss, he would.

"Then why are you here taking up my space." Dean backed up, nervous. When he felt cornered like this, he tended to tease with the thought it would lighten the other person's attitude. "If you want a hug, ask first."

Tendons stood out on the executive chef's neck. His nettled voice criticized, "Everything's a joke to you, isn't it?"

"No." Dean denied the accusation. His eyes sharpened as he glared at Alex with a single hand on his hip. "Want to tell me what this is about? Why you're in a rage?"

Alex pointed a finger and spoke slow and deliberate, "You kissed Jared."

Dean gasped and slapped Alex's finger away. "I most certainly did not! Where did you hear that?"

"From Jared. Just now downstairs. Don't deny it. I can tell when someone is lying to me or not. He's broken, Dean. He can barely think much less cook."

"I didn't kiss him!"

"You led him on by kissing him, then played it off like it's a game. It's an awful thing to do to someone. You should be ashamed. He's blaming himself you know. He said he trusted you before and he should have known you'd hurt him again."

Dean seized Alex by the biceps. "I've never kissed him. I'm married for God's sake—to a woman." He let go of Alex, walked to the window, and gazed out. "I don't know what's going on in his mind, but he's lying."

"Then you better come down and confront him. He's on break. I'm a betting man and my money is on him for telling the truth. I don't know why you're hiding it other than the fact that you're married, but I won't tell a soul. Your secret is safe with me."

Dean wasted no time spinning around to face the executive chef. His eyes burned into Alex's as his deep voice seemed to shake the room. "I don't have a fucking secret. But I will go down there to straighten this shit out." He marched out the door, hurrying faster than Alex could keep up.

Dean saw Jared sitting in the break room before the chef saw him. "Jared," his voice bellowed.

Jared jumped in fright. His hand fluttered to his head, his fingers glided through his hair, and his gaze shot to the exit sign.

"You're not going anywhere." Dean walked in and closed the door. Everyone in the kitchen had widened their eyes and looked to Alex for answers, but found him unwilling to divulge.

Dean leaned his back against the wall facing Jared. "Why are you spreading rumors about me? I thought we were friends?" He put his hands in his pockets and watched Jared suck in his bottom lip. 'His lip... that lip. Wait. Wait a goddamn minute. I fucking kissed Jared? Shit.'

"I didn't spread it around. Alex asked me what was wrong and I told him, but I didn't mention your name. He just figured it out."

"Why did you tell him I kissed you?" Dean questioned as thoughts ran through his mind, 'I did kiss him. I remember. His lips looked so good. He smelled so good. But I got scared.' He winced, remembering what he'd said after he pushed Jared away.

"Because you did, but obviously you'd rather forget it, so I'll pretend it didn't happen. I'll pretend this whole thing of being friends with you was a joke. I'm done being your source of amusement. I'm handing in my resignation at the end of the day and I'll stay my two weeks so Alex can find another head chef, then I'm out of here." Jared scraped his chair back and stood up. He approached the door to open it, but Dean stopped him, holding his arm across Jared's chest.

Dean sucked in a breath through his teeth at the shock of Jared's threat of quitting. "You're not leaving yet."

"I have nothing further to say to you, Dean, except I wish you all the best with your plastic wife and homophobic, fake friends." Jared fought to lower Dean's arm, but it wouldn't budge.

"I'm not finished with you," Dean said, now holding Jared within arm's length. "I'd been drinking, same with you, and I forgot what I'd done until I saw you. Honest. It came rushing back to me just now."

"Good for you." Jared clapped with a wry smile. "Now let me be on my way."

"No, goddammit. I want to talk."

"I don't. I don't want to talk or hear what you have to say to me. I don't even want to look at you."

"Then listen to this!" Dean gruffly whirled him around so they switched places and slammed Jared's body against the wall. He stepped forward, pushed his leg between both of Jared's, and kissed him hard. He jerked his head back to see if Jared was okay with it.

Jared sighed, letting loose a low-pitched purr. Dean went back for more, gently this time. He caressed Jared's mouth with his lips, easing them apart and acquainted his tongue with Jared's. Kissing him sober was more amazing than when he was drunk and certainly more memorable. The fluttering of his heart made him short of breath.

Jared inhaled loudly through his nose and turned his head to breathe. "Oh man..." He looked back at Dean who was smiling.

"Does that say anything to you? Does this?" Dean asked and ground himself against Jared.

Jared moaned. Dean's hardness rubbing against him created the friction needed for Jared to grow hard too. He laced his fingers at the back of Dean's head and brought him in for more kisses, but spoke first, "I hope you know what you're doing."

"I don't. I'm just going with the feeling, and shit, it's right. It's never felt so right." Dean's body attested to it; he'd become harder than he had in a long time.

"Serious?"

"Dead."

Jared smiled and hungrily devoured Dean's mouth, showing him a few tricks of his own and messed up Dean's hair with his fingers.

Alex knocked and announced without opening the door, "Jared. Your break is done. Are you okay?"

"He's fine," Dean answered annoyed at being disturbed, and quickly fixed his hair as he stepped away from Jared.

"I apologize, I didn't realize you were still here speaking to Jared." Alex cleared his throat, worrying he'd get into trouble.

"We've finished speaking for a while." Dean chuckled. "It's all sorted. He'll be out in a minute." He rubbed his tongue over his own teeth, then he grinned, for Jared's face had turned rosy from kissing and his lips were bright red. He appeared disheveled, as if he'd rolled out of bed minutes ago after a hard, fast fucking. "You'd better fix yourself up." Dean nodded to the employee bathroom. "But first, come here." He opened his arms and hugged Jared close, the sides of their heads touching. "I'm sorry for the way I acted last night."

"It's okay."

"It's not. You should have come to me and kicked my ass."

Jared chuckled. "I will if there's a next time."

"There won't be any more denying from me about what I've done. Now get your ass back to work. I'm not paying you to goof off." Dean gave a playful smirk and left a kiss on Jared's mouth. "I'll talk to you later."

"Thanks, you made my day."

Dean patted Jared's cheek. "You've walked back into my life and that's worth more than all the money in the world. Thank you."

Alex saw Dean leave and smiled to himself at the owner's blissful expression. Soon after, Jared came out of the break room looking like the happiest man on earth. Alex couldn't claim to know what happened between them, but he guessed they'd more than resolved their he said/he said kissing disagreement.
﴿﴾ ﴿﴾ ﴿﴾
Jared clocked out of work at eleven. He took off his chef's jacket and hung it in the back. He checked all the stoves and ovens to make sure they were off and walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey." Dean waved. "Are you busy?"

"I was going home to shower, why?"

"Come up to my office?" Dean's smile gleamed.

Jared couldn't refuse even though the smell of sweat and cooked food permeated his clothing. "I can for a minute."

"I think you'll stay longer," Dean said, sure of himself, and walked confidently to the elevators.

"Don't you want to go home to Jess?" Jared asked, riding the elevator up with Dean. Now that they've made out, he wondered what it meant to the owner of the hotel.

"I'm staying here for the next few weekends, remember?"

"Oh right." Jared recollected. He twisted his lips, following Dean down the hall, and asked, "Have you determined the type of woman you want to fuck, for lack of a better term?"

"Fuck is the term. I'm certainly not going to make love to her. I'll choose someone I don't know and won't see again. It'll be easier on Jess and me that way."

"Hm." Jared scratched his head and tunneled his fingers through his hair.

"Here we are." Dean opened the office door. The couch had been moved so it faced the large flat-screen TV on the wall. "Have a seat. I'll be back in a moment."

Jared sank onto the couch with one leg tucked beneath himself. Dean came back holding two glasses.

"It's soda. No alcohol this time." The ice in the glass clinked against the glass when he handed it to Jared.

"Thanks. So what did you want to talk about?" He took a long, refreshing sip and set the soda on the table near the couch.

"I don't remember saying I wanted to talk." His voice seduced Jared by being low. The dimple on one cheek when he smiled crookedly didn't help Jared stay resilient either. Dean pressed the power button on the remote and the TV turned on. He hit another and the Blu-ray player lit up.

"What is this? What are you doing?" Jared asked as Dean went to lock the door and turn off the lights.

"It's a movie. I hope you don't mind." Dean sat next to Jared, almost crowding him, but Jared didn't care. He loved the feel of Dean's body next to his own.

"Oh my." Jared covered his mouth when the title popped up. He stared wide eyed at Dean. "You want to watch this? Are you sure? It might scare you and I'd never see you again."

"I want to watch it, that's why I bought it." Dean rested his arm across the back of Jared's shoulders and tickled his friend's neck with his fingers. "Will you watch with me?"

"Hell, I love porn, but I don't think you'll love this, Dean."

"Stop telling me what I won't love. I want to watch it. I want to see how it's done and if it's really enjoyable or if it's all hype." Dean snickered.

"You could've asked me, but I'll tell you anyway. It's very enjoyable." Jared puckered his lips. To his relief, Dean gave him a kiss, then they settled comfortably on the couch. He watched Dean with interest and a bit of amusement as the movie played. Dean winced and covered his eyes when the bottom made a slightly pained face at being penetrated. He also leaned forward at times as if trying to transport himself into the movie.

All the different sounds, the constant swearing, and sex in the movie made Dean hard, but he wouldn't do anything about it. He wouldn't use Jared to get off. He had to find a woman that would take care of his needs. Jared was a good friend and kisser, but that's as far as he'd go with him. He didn't want to hurt Jared. Dean attributed his fascination with anal play and sex to curiosity. He wasn't gay.

Hypnotized, Dean continued to watch the movie. Jared slowly rubbed Dean's back, gradually going lower, to his mid and lower back. Dean let out a few long sighs and finally leaned back onto the couch, eyes on the TV. Jared had removed his hand just in time before it became trapped between the couch and Dean.

"Jesus, that guy is huge. Doesn't that hurt?"

"Not if the bottom is prepared correctly or if one has had sex often enough like these porn stars." Jared glanced at the movie and back to Dean, who was still enthralled.

"Do you want to make out?"

"Maybe when this is over. I don't know." Dean chuckled.

"Okay." Jared rested his hands in his lap and focused on the scene on the TV. It wasn't the best of porn, but it wasn't bad either. He wondered if they'd get into trouble for watching it at work then he relaxed. Dean was the owner and could do what he wished. He sipped his soda and yawned when the movie finished.

"That was good!" Dean exclaimed and turned to Jared. His body thrummed with excitement.

"It was alright."

"It's my first, so I thought it was good."

Jared nodded as his gaze drifted to the front of Dean's slacks. His mouth involuntarily watered. "I could, um..." He nodded to Dean's crotch.

"What?" Dean looked down. "Oh. Oh no. I wouldn't ask you to do that. That's taking our friendship too far."

"No offense, but isn't kissing doing that already?"

Dean looked to the ceiling. "No, I think it's different. I'm telling you how much I like hanging out with you by kissing you. I feel affectionate toward you, I guess."

"But you let that woman blow you. Why can't I?"

"I told you, I didn't know her. But I do know you and I have to see you almost every day. Things would get weird if we took it farther. More importantly, I'm married. I love Jess."

"I know you do." He'd met Dean's gaze and held it, but now he looked away. "Don't get mad, but am I an experiment to you? I guess I don't get where you're coming from."

"Experiment?" Dean laughed. "Not at all. I like your lips and kissing you. If it's awkward for you, I can stop."

"I like it too and if you stopped, I'd be upset." He tugged at Dean's shirtsleeve. He used his body to sprawl Dean out on the couch and lay on top of him. "Kiss me, baby."

"Unnn," Dean moaned, letting the tension in his body ease away. "I like that. Say it again."

"Baby?"

"Yes," Dean hissed and squeezed Jared's waist; his masculine voice had turned Dean's insides turn to jelly.

Jared grinned. "Oohh, Baby. You're my baby, aren't you?"

The deep tone tantalized Dean and made his cock jump. "God, Yes!"

Jared dipped his head and kissed along Dean's jaw up to his ear and whispered, "I'm so hard for you, baby," then he licked the outer edge of his ear. Jared moaned after Dean did, and scattered kisses on his neck. He nibbled with his lips only so he wouldn't make a mark.

With his eyes closed and his hearing acute, Dean listened to every breath and whisper from Jared's mouth. But when Jared began working on the buttons of Dean's shirt, Dean had to stop him with insistence, "No, Jared."

Jared sat up, disappointed, but understanding Dean's hesitancy. "I need to leave then. I can't keep my hands off you, and as it is I'm sexually frustrated."

Dean snickered. "I can see that. Thank you for watching the movie with me. I had fun."

"Me too. I'll see you tomorrow." Jared found his way in the dark to the office door. He unlocked it and whispered, "Bye baby."

"Ung!" Dean groaned and slammed his fist on the couch, sexually frustrated as well.
﴿﴾ ﴿﴾ ﴿﴾
In the following two weeks, Dean and Jared found time to spend with each other as often as they could. Jared's place after work, the bars in the hotel, in Dean's office. Sometimes they made out and other times they merely enjoyed each other's company. Meanwhile, Jess was getting restless knowing Dean hadn't found someone yet because his attitude hadn't changed. She'd gone so far as to drive out of the city and walk around a mall looking for a woman for him.

"No she didn't!" Jared laughed, falling back on his couch in his apartment, bringing his knees up and kicking his feet.

"She did. She told me she asked a woman and showed her my picture. The woman told her off and left. Can you imagine asking a stranger to fuck your husband?" Dean chuckled and elbowed Jared.

"That's desperate." Jared shook his head. "I feel sorry for your wife in a way."

"Eh, she's fine."

"Not because of the encounter in the mall, because she thinks your cheating on her will change things for the better."

Dean shrugged as if he hadn't a care or a devoted bone in his body. "I've got to find someone soon. I saw a beautiful woman give me the eye this week."

Suddenly somber, Jared set his feet on the floor and sat up. "And?" Disenchanted, he expected Dean to grin with and go on an enthusiastic ramble about the gorgeous woman. Jared's head pounded at having to listen to him brag.

"Nothing. I just smiled and nodded at her. I wasn't in the mood to talk."

Jared tapped Dean's ring finger. "When you do feel like it, take off that wedding ring so you won't see it and feel guilty." 'Wait! Why am I trying to help him make it easier to be with someone else when I want him?'

Dean looked down at the gold band on his finger. "I forgot about that. It doesn't stop women from coming on to me though. I'm hot," he boasted with an exaggerated chuckle, pushing his chest out.

Jared laughed at Dean's cocky attitude, then gazed at him in earnest. "Yes, you are."

"Stop it." Dean swatted Jared's leg.

"You are, Dean. You were the best looking guy in high school and you're still the best looking guy I've ever seen."

"Now you're making me blush." Except he wasn't. He ate up everything Jared said.

"You're fucking hot, baby," Jared stated with something like a sigh.

"Don't start that now." Dean's breath came out in a ragged gasps and he changed his mind. "God, I really need to kiss you." He crawled up Jared's body and straddled his legs, wrapping his arms around the man's neck. He swept in and captured Jared's lips with his own.

Jared's arms circled Dean's waist pulling him closer, crotch to crotch, and opened his mouth partly, just as Dean had. Their tongues were getting familiar again when Dean's cell rang. "Fuck it," he muttered, and went back to kissing Jared with lack of restraint. He couldn't get enough of his mouth, tongue, lips or even his breath.

The phone stopped, but started up again.

"Get it or it'll continue to interrupt us." Jared pressed his back against the couch and watched Dean's face as he spoke into his cell phone.

"Hello Jess. ... No, I'm not with a woman. You said you didn't want to know. ... Yes, I know there's one weekend left this month. I can read a calendar. ..."

Jared laughed. Dean's hand immediately covered his mouth accompanied by a hard look from Dean telling him to shush.

"No one. ... I said it's no one. ... What does it matter?" Dean growled into the phone. "Fine. You're right, it is Jared. We're hanging out. ... I do not prefer his company to yours. ... He's my friend. You're my wife, I love you. You know that."

Jared swiped at the hand covering his mouth and pushed Dean off his lap. He went to the kitchen, wiping a tear. 'What am I doing? I'm so stupid! I'm in love with him and he has no feelings for me. He loves his wife. I'm going to get hurt again, but I can't stop wanting to be with him every minute of every day. I have no chance. He's going to find a woman and have sex with her. Why can't it be me? Why can't he love me?'

Tears of anguish rolled down his cheeks along with a tremble from his just kissed lips. He had to get it together before Dean saw him—before he scared Dean away with his behavior of wanting more than friendship. "This is going nowhere," he said softly with a shadow passing over his blurred vision. He heard Dean say goodbye to Jess and dried his face with a dishtowel. He pretended to look for something in his refrigerator when Dean came and hovered behind him.

"What's with pushing me off your lap?"

"I'm thirsty."

"That's all?" Dean rubbed his chin, eyeing Jared's back, the skin showing where his shirt had ridden up.

"Yeah, do you want something?"

"Yes, but not to drink." Dean's lust soaked voice answered the same time his hands landed on Jared's waist.

Jared jumped, taken off guard, and winced with his head still in the fridge. Thinking quickly on the spot, he asked, "Hungry? We can order in. I know a great take out place."

"No."

Jared brought out a can of soda and closed the door to the fridge. He walked past Dean and went to the living room where he made himself comfortable on the suede chair.

"Alright, what's wrong and don't tell me nothing because your mood has changed."

"I'm fine, Dean," Jared insisted as if by announcing it would make it true.

"Are you bothered by my wife calling? I can't help that. She deserves to know where I am so she doesn't worry. That's what marriage is about."

"I know." Jared glared at Dean. If he brought up marriage, Jess's name, or wanting to have sex with a stranger again, he'd burst.

"Then what? Are you bothered by my free pass and choosing a woman to be with for a weekend? Are you jealous? I've told you it doesn't mean anything to me-"

Jared snapped abruptly, his vision marred by seeing red, "Yeah, I know what you fuckin' told me. You continue to tell me all the time. I think I got it, Dean." He tapped his temple in rapid succession with the tip of his index finger.

Dean's posture slumped. He and Jared were having such a good time and now it was ruined. "You are mad then."

"Very astute of you to notice." Jared crossed his arms and drummed his fingers on his biceps.

"Is there anything I can do to make you happy?"

Jared looked up at Dean. How dare he ask! Dean should know the answer and if he didn't, then he was dumber than Jared remembered him to be. "No," he said too quickly, but made a decision on the spot. "Actually, yes. You can leave. That would make me very happy."

As if weighing Jared's words, Dean just stood there looking at him with his mouth agape.

Jared's voice cracked as he repeated with his voice going weak, "I said you can go. Go home to your wife or better yet, go to your hotel room and fuck one of those beautiful women you keep talking about."

Dean wouldn't have thought Jared serious if he hadn't witnessed glassy eyes that held Jared's emotions. He read them easily, but he didn't feel the same way Jared did. Dean didn't love him like that. "Good idea." Dean said and got out of there as fast as he could without running.