Unleashed

Unleashed 5

Going through papers at his desk in his office, Dean answered his cell phone. He'd expected Jess on the line, so he didn't look at the name splayed on the screen. "What is it?" he asked impatiently.

Dean's older brother by eighteen months spoke jovially into the phone, "Hey bro."

"Hi Troy. How's life?" Dean greeted him with a smile in his voice. He took a break from work and sat on the couch in his office, stretching his legs out.

"Great. What about you?" He paused. "I heard from Clayton you weren't doing so well; you're stuck in a conundrum."

"Clayton, that asshole," Dean grumbled. "He told you?" Dean rolled his eyes. Nothing was sacred between him and his brothers.

"He may have mentioned you and Jess having some marital problems involving the bedroom." Troy snickered. "If you would have stayed single like me you wouldn't need a marriage free pass."

Of course Clayton told Troy; their free spirited, promiscuous brother. He'd probably told their youngest brother, Nevin, too.

"My two cents? Go fuck someone or take a lover on the side. My first instinct is to tell you that you should never have gotten married—to her or anyone else. Look how happy I am."

Dean chuckled. "I like being married."

"Then what's the problem, why can't you get it up?"

"I can!" Dean defended.

"Sure, sure," Troy muttered skeptically. "Sometimes men don't have enough oomph to get it up. Don't be ashamed. Jess told you to go out on her. Maybe sex with someone else will give your ego a boost—the thrill of the chase and all. Play out your sexual fantasies and have kinky sex. You're still young and you've got it going on, but not more than me."

Dean shook his head with denial at everything Troy said. That wasn't what was wrong with him. "I got a blowjob and it didn't help. It was actually really good, but it didn't fulfill me. Worst of all, I don't feel guilty."

"Nor should you. A blowjob is nothing. It's not cheating because it's not really sex."

"You're full of shit, you know that?" Dean chuckled. "I think it's because I didn't feel a connection to her. If I fell in love it would be the end of my marriage."

"So what are you going to do? Just sit around and be miserable? Clayton and I have talked about this. We think it's a good thing what Jess is doing for you. Go out, pick up a hot chick, fuck her, then see how you feel. I guarantee you'll be a changed man. Take it from me, sex with different women is exciting."

Dean continued talking to his brother about the hotels, Troy's love life, and what he'd been up to of late. After that, Dean snuck away, avoiding people and went home tired. Dean climbed the steps to the bedroom and undressed in the bathroom. He noticed while washing his body in the shower that he had pink lipstick around his dick and smirked. What if Jess had undressed him? Funny, he didn't care if she saw it. At least she'd stop telling him to cheat on her. Dean dried off and changed into comfortable clothes before he went downstairs to eat with his wife.

Jess turned to him in the kitchen and smiled. "You look much more relaxed than you did when you came home," she said, hugging him.

He planted a kiss on her cheek and looked over her shoulder. "What's for dinner?"

Jess turned to the stove and stirred something in a pot. "I made Mushroom and Barley soup. I'm in the mood for comfort food."

"Why is that?" Dean took two bowls out of the cupboard and set them near the stove.

"The girls and I went to complain to management about our trainer," she spoke, her voice full of resentment.

"And?" Dean ladled soup into both bowls.

"He discontinued our memberships!" Jess slapped her hand near the crusty bread that would accompany the soup. "He can't do that to us. We're paying customers and he's treating us like we're the sick ones."

Dean carried the bowls to the table and uncorked the wine, pouring both of them a ¾ full glass. He sat comfortably at the head of the table. She sauntered over and cut the bread, handed him a piece, and took a small one for herself.

"Aren't you going to say anything? Melinda's husband is going there tonight to straighten this out. I said you'd go too."

"I'm not going." Dean slurped his soup only because Jess hated it. "You act like you're privileged. Places aren't supposed to discriminate. I'll admit some do by being deceitful, but race, religion and sexuality should not be taken into account when hiring someone. You'll just have to live with it like most of the country does." He gazed at her. "When did you become so biased against others?"

"I'm not."

"The hell you say." He laughed at the absurdity of her denial.

Jess pushed her lower lip out. "I suppose I am a little."

"It's those women you hang out with. You're like a hen house of chickens gossiping, judging, and spreading stories."

"Are you insinuating I'm a hen?" Jess slammed her spoon on the table.

"No, honey. I'd like you to make your own decisions based on how you feel instead of following those women like a sheep does its leader."

"Now I'm a sheep? What is it with you and farm animals?" Jess giggled, smart enough to know what Dean meant. "I'll try not to fall into the trap of being like them. It's hard though."

"I don't doubt it." Dean sipped his wine with a smirk.

"How did your day go?" Jess had taken two bites of bread and three spoonfulls of soup, then pushed her food away. She had to watch her figure after all.

"Fine. Troy called and I had a good talk with him." Dean knew Jess hated his playboy brother.

"What did he want?" she asked snobbishly.

"Just to talk."

"About the string of girlfriends he leads on or has he found out he's fathered children?"

"Stop it. He's my brother." Dean laughed. "We just caught up. He told me Nevin is in Europe with his girlfriend, Beth, and Clayton is hosting a birthday party for his third wife. I guess some very prominent people are attending."

"Were we invited?" Jess pulled her hair back and innocently blinked at her husband. It was a chance for her to show off an expensive new dress, be the center of attention, and engage with the higher class of society.

"Yes, but I can't take time off work."

"Why? All three of your brothers have hired someone to manage their hotels so they can laze about when they want to."

"What's your point?" he asked, their eyes locked like magnets.

"The point is the hotels are running smoothly without your brothers being there full time. No one works eighty hours a week, Dean, but you seem to feel no one is as passionate about Bennington's Hotels as you are. Train someone, or hire a person who knows what they're doing and see how it works out. You'll find it easier to take time off if you trust the person. We could even try a full vacation."

"I'll think about it." He dropped the subject, intending it to fall by the wayside. Knowing his wife, she wouldn't give up on the chance to nag him into surrendering.

"No you won't." Jess crossed her arms. "I wish you didn't think you were irreplaceable."

His eyes darkened and brows pulled together due to insistence. "I want perfection. The hotels belong to the Bennington name. If one falls, they all do. My brothers may not be as dedicated as I, but that's because we have differing ideas about what work means."

This meant Dean wouldn't take his free weekend. The man would never take a day off to mess around with another woman and it made her frown. "Are you finished?"

Dean drank his wine and set the empty glass down. "Why, do you have plans?"

Jess walked to stand behind Dean's chair and wrapped her arms around her husband's shoulders. She kissed his neck and whispered they leave the dishes and watch a romantic movie on the big screen TV.

"I'm not in the mood." Dean held her hands in his.

"How about porn? You're always up for that." She straightened and massaged Dean's shoulders.

'Why not? Maybe it'll change my attitude.' Dean nodded and smiled up at her. "You get the movie and I'll bring the wine and glasses." He met her in the living room and set the wine on the coffee table. She'd turned on the TV and was ready to push play on the remote.

"Which one did you pick?" Dean settled next to her with his arm across the back of the couch and caressed her shoulder.

"I bought a new one today after Olivia finally found the dress she wanted. She and Miranda went one way and I went another. I was embarrassed to go inside and afraid one of our friends would see me enter the sex shop. I felt so dirty in there."

"It's not like your friends don't watch porn."

"I bet they don't." Jess crossed her slim legs on the couch.

"Honey, they're not all prim and proper like they act. It's a façade," Dean said with a laugh and patted his wife's knee. "I'll bet they're some of the most perverted people in the world. They just hide it behind their bedroom doors."

"Melinda told me she won't do anything weird in the bedroom. She said if Tom wants to do anal or piss on someone, that he can go out and get his kicks with some slut that has no respect for herself. As far as she knows, Tom's remained faithful after his marriage free weekend."

Dean didn't say what he thought about Tom. He sensed Tom was seeing someone on the side and getting along with his wife because his needs were being met elsewhere. Melinda wasn't the friendliest person to get along with.

Jess started the movie and they watched together; the silly plot of a bored housewife and a hot plumber. Once the sex began, Jess scooted closer to Dean and placed her hand up his shirt to touch his chest. Dean didn't notice, his gaze had gone distant at the sight of a glistening cock nearing the woman's entrance, but he shot straight up with interest when the woman begged for his dick up her asshole.

It turned Dean on, but Jess shrieked, "Gross!" and turned off the movie. Still, it had planted the idea in Dean's head. If only Jess was receptive to doing that. He felt himself harden at the thought of entering the tender domain and fucking her. It made his dick harder the more he imagined doing it. If Luanne was still checked in tomorrow, he'd go see her and question if she'd ever done it that way. If so, she might be his weekend go-to girl.

"Come on, baby, let's go to bed." Jess took his hand and pulled him up. "We'll do our own scenes."

Dean took one glance back at the DVD player and vowed to get that movie before Jess could throw it out. He'd watch it in the privacy of his office at work.
﴿﴾ ﴿﴾ ﴿﴾
Seeing how Jared hadn't heard anything from Dean about cooking for him and his wife tomorrow, he thought he'd go up to Dean's office on his break and ask if they were still on for Friday. He walked through the lobby to get to the main elevators and saw Dean talking to a woman in heels. Jared waited a few feet away to catch Dean before he left and heard the blonde laugh and flirt. She even pecked Dean on the cheek.

"I had a good time too, thank you. I'm sorry you're leaving so soon, but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on your travels," Dean said to her and made a move to pick up the woman's suitcases.

"Dean." Jared came up from behind and lifted one of the suitcases, handing it to Dean as he spoke, "May I have a word with you once you're finished?"

"Sure thing." Dean smiled, happy to see Jared in a talkative mood. "I'll be right back inside. He walked through the revolving door and set the baggage in the trunk of a taxicab. He hugged the woman goodbye and came back inside through one of the doors on either side of the revolving one.

Dean directed Jared where to go as they walked further into the lobby. "What can I do for you?" He tilted his head. "It's not Alex again, is it?"

"No. He and I are getting along slowly but surely." Jared tugged his white jacket down and stood proudly. "This is regarding tomorrow night."

"You want off?"

Jared searched Dean's eyes for a hint of teasing. Seeing none, he said incredulously, "I have Fridays off and you invited me to your home to cook for you and your wife." 'How could he forget? Unless Dean was acting this whole time about wanting to be friends with me.'

Dean glanced at the ceiling, remembering. "It's no excuse, but I've been really busy and forgot. Can you still come?"

"I was planning on it. What I need from you is a menu. Do you know what you'd like to eat?"

"I'll figure it out and let you know what I'm in the mood for, then you can make a grocery list and I'll buy the items tonight."

Jared nodded and looked to the front doors. "So, that woman...?"

"A guest." Dean shuffled a polished shoe on the floor.

"But you knew her pretty well. I overheard some of what you said."

"Were you spying on me?" Dean squared his shoulders, ready to defend his honor.

Unsmiling, Jared explained, "Like I said, I came over to talk about tomorrow and I happened to hear you both speak. Is she an old girlfriend or something?"

Dean didn't see a way out of this mess. Jared would keep on it and not let go. He took Jared's wrist and led him to the elevator doors. Once inside, Dean kept a straight, somber face as he stared at the reflective golden doors.

"Whatever you tell me can be said here. I won't say a word."

Dean didn't reply. The doors dinged open and he strode down the hall to his office with Jared in tow.

"Dean, it's none of my business. I didn't mean to pry," Jared said walking into the spacious office behind Dean and closed the door. Dean turned to him. "I met her last night and she invited me to her room."

"Okay." Jared turned to leave, but Dean clasped his elbow and yanked him back. Jared fell into Dean. He quickly righted himself and brushed Dean's arm off as if it would smudge his chef's jacket.

"She gave me a blow job. I've never cheated on my wife before and I'm not even sure why I did it."

Jared's eyes widened at Dean's admission. "Why did you start cheating now? I mean, that woman was pretty, but…" He shrugged.

Dean turned away and rubbed a hand over his face. "Jess says I've been inattentive. I told her it's stress, but it's not. I feel like I'm lost, overlooking something that I can't define. She told me I could cheat on her over a weekend, that I should pretend we're not married during that time. But, yesterday with Luanne-" He sighed. "I don't feel guilty and I'm damn sure I wouldn't if we'd gone all the way."

Jared held up his hand to stop Dean from continuing. "You're not in love with your wife?"

"I love her." Dean nodded, affirming it to himself.

"Then what's missing? Isn't she putting out?"

Dean leaned his ass against his desk. "Yes, we have a healthy sex life. It's boring, but at least we have one."

Jared scratched his head. "I don't understand. What's the purpose of her wanting you to cheat—to claim infidelity to divorce you?"

"No. She's under the illusion it will make me appreciate what we have together. It worked for one of her friends, or so the friend says."

"Hm." Jared pressed his lips together and rubbed them with a finger. "I don't think it's a good idea. If you want a stronger marriage, there's counseling. Being with another woman can be disastrous for both you and Jess. Think of the repercussions of hurting your wife or the woman you sleep with. It can all go very wrong in the long run."

Dean gazed at Jared. The man had been the only one against it. Dean's wife and brothers had convinced him it was a gift and to do it. "You're right. I don't want to be with another woman."

"And last night? What was that?"

"Amped up sex drive?" Dean laughed, Jared joining in. "What about you, man? When are you going to ask Alex out?"

"I told you. I think he's an ass."

"But he's attractive, right?" Dean baited.

"He's handsome. It's his personality I have to get used to."

"I should invite him for dinner tomorrow. You can see him outside his element."

"Thanks, but no thanks. You set me up in high school and look what happened; all those heartbroken girls."

"I didn't know you were gay. If I had known, I'd have told Brian to ask you out."

"Brian? That loner who used to eat glue in middle school? You've got some weird idea of who's my type." Jared took a candy from Dean's desk and unwrapped the sourball. He popped it in his mouth and sucked on it, hoping Dean wouldn't read into what he'd said. Dean had been his type back then.

"You still have that sweet tooth, huh?" Dean watched Jared's mouth wiggle around to move the candy into the pouch of his cheek so he could reply.

"Yes. I love sweets. Can't live without them." He grinned. "I'm sure you're busy and I have to get back to work before Alex sends out a search party."

Nodding, Dean promised, "I'll see you later."

Jared angled his head to the side.

Dean elaborated, "To drop off the meal plan. I can't wait."

"Right. I nearly forgot." Jared chuckled lightly. If Dean knew what he'd been thinking, well, they wouldn't be friends anymore.

"Jared, before you go—why don't we do the grocery shopping together when you're off work?"

"But that's at eleven."

"I know." Dean realized Jared might have plans. "Um, do you have to be to bed at midnight to break the spell of being turned into a pumpkin?"

"It was the coach in Cinderella that turned into a pumpkin at midnight. And pumpkins are so cliché. I'd turn into a squash. A buttercup squash." Jared burst into giggles.

Dean was still chuckling long after Jared left his office. Their friendship status fell back into place as if it had never left and it was just as silly as it was years ago.