Unleashed

Unleashed 9

Jared received a call from Dean the following Friday. He hadn't seen Dean all week, to his dismay, thinking it had something to do with the hug that seemed a little too passionate. Not that Jared cared, he'd savored it.

"Hey Jared. How are you?" Dean asked, biting his thumbnail.

"Fine, what's up?"

Dean immediately dropped his hand. "I wanted to know if you're busy tonight."

"No. Why?" Jared kept his tone even and steady.

"I have to go to that get-together I missed last weekend. I wondered if you'd come with me so I have someone to talk to. I can't stand these guys."

"Let me get this straight, you want me to hang out with assholes?"

"Yes?"

"What about all this week? I didn't see one glimpse of you and don't tell me you were busy."

"I was busy."

"Too busy to come say hello?"

Dean sighed. "I felt awkward okay?"

"Because of a stupid hug?"

"What hug? No, because of the way I talked about Jess. I really put her down and I didn't want you to feel sorry for me or think of me as a person who bitches about his wife. And before you say a word denying it, I did bitch."

"I didn't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about."

"I guess I was afraid you'd think less of me."

"You care what I think about you?" Jared smiled through the words.

"Don't sound so happy. Of course I care. We're friends, right?"

"Yes." Elated, Jared told Dean he'd go with him tonight.

"I'll pick you up at eight. And, dress up a bit. These guys are very judgmental. Not that you have anything to prove."

"I know how to present myself."

"See you then." Dean hung up as his wife entered the living room. "Hey, Jess, have you seen that movie you bought? I was looking for it and I can't find it in our collection."

"What movie?" she asked, sitting next to him and fixing her eyes on the TV.

"The one. You know..."

"Oh, ew! I threw it away, why?"

She hadn't given him a glance until he said, "I wanted to watch it."

"What?" Jess rose on her knees. "Whatever for?"

"I thought it would be fun trying different things. You know, to keep our sex life exciting."

"You don't think it's exciting? You were the one who went down on me last night, are you saying you were bored?"

"No."

"Then what, because I'm getting pissed off here."

"I want to try new things with you, that's all."

Jess thought back to that movie and made a face. "Something's wrong with you if you think you're going to put your dick in my ass." She shuddered. "That is effed up if you ask me. How could you want to do that? Sick." She tsked.

"You like me playing with yours."

"Yeah, playing, with a fingertip not shoving your cock up there. Why would you want to do that, Dean?" She accused, "So you can pretend you're gay?"

"Forget I asked. Jesus Christ," he muttered.

"Look." She took his hand and said, "If you haven't already, you need to go out and have your single weekend. Fuck her up the ass. Do what you want to her and get it out of your head, then come back to me and see how good you've got it. I'm telling you, an ass feels nothing like a pussy and I know you love my pussy, baby."

Dean kept his mouth shut and went upstairs to get ready for tonight. He'd shower, dress and maybe read a book on his kindle or play a game until it was time to leave. Anything but listen to Jess talk in a mortified tone about anal sex.
﴿﴾ ﴿﴾ ﴿﴾
"I'm going out now," Dean announced, passing the living room.

"Wait, let me see you." Jess jumped up from the couch and ran to him on the balls of her feet. "You look so handsome." She brushed lint and hair off his shoulders that only she could see.

He gave her a 'get-out-of-my-way, bitch' smile. "Thank you."

She kissed his lips, engaging him with her tongue. He closed his eyes and mentally took back the 'bitch smile' he'd given her. "Love you," he claimed and set her out of his embrace.

"Love you too, Deanie baby. I'll see you when you get in."

Dean sat in his car, sprayed cologne on his neck before pressing the ignition button, and stashed his favorite scent back in the glove compartment. He dreaded seeing Tom and the others. A weighty sigh escaped his chest as he drove to Jared's apartment. Having his best friend with him would guarantee a good time and if not, they could leave early and hang out at Jared's place.

He pulled up to the curb, intending to get out to fetch Jared, but Jared must have been watching from the window because he came out as soon as Dean put the car in park.

"Hey," Jared said, settling on the leather seat. "Thanks for picking me up."

Dean smirked, "If I hadn't would you know how to get there?"

"Shut up, dickhead." Jared laughed. "How do I look?"

"What am I? Your boyfriend? You look fine." Dean still checked him out. Dress shirt, dress pants and nice shoes. "You look good." Good enough to pass the test.

"You do too, and you smell really good."

"Are those your best lines? I can see how you're single," Dean joked.

Jared grinned to himself and watched out the window as Dean drove below the speed limit back to the nicer part of the city. The slower they went, the more time they wasted, meaning the less time they had to spend with the guys.

Dean parked opposite Tom's house. "This is it. They may give you a hard time, but don't be afraid to stand up for yourself if it comes to that."

Jared paled and his brows twitched. "They don't know I'm coming?"

"No, but it's okay. Come on." They walked to the house. Dean rang the bell and waited while Jared looked around for somewhere to throw up. At least he felt he had to vomit.

"Dean, hi." Tom vigorously shook Dean's hand. "We've missed you. Everyone's talking about how you used to come and all the sudden, you stopped."

"Hotel life is busy, Tom." Dean plastered on a fake grin.

"Who's this?" Tom nodded to Jared.

"My best friend from high school. Jared, this is Tom. Tom, meet Jared."

"Hello." Jared reached out and shook Tom's hand.

"Come in and see the guys. We're downstairs playing poker in the den."

"Right." Dean followed Tom with Jared bringing up the rear.

"Guys! Look who decided to show up!" Tom shouted happily in the smoke filled room.

The guys at the table rambled all at once, greeting Dean, giving him shit about being absent, and asking about the man who happened to be standing behind Dean, using him as a shield.

Dean pulled Jared around to face the men. "This is Jared. He and I go way back."

A blonde headed man with a beard asked, "You in the hotel business too?"

"No," Jared replied, blushing. "I'm a chef."

"You're Dean's chef?" another man asked and locked disbelieving eyes on Dean as if saying 'how dare you bring a lowlife to our gang'.

"No, Edward," Dean explained, "he works at the hotel. He's a highly acclaimed chef."

"Oh, I get it." The man next to Edward removed the soggy cigar from his mouth and cried out, "You brought him here to cook for us. What a brilliant idea. What's he going to make?"

"I'm here as Dean's guest to play poker," Jared stated with a hard look at everyone, even the ones who hadn't said anything. "If that's alright with you all."

"No problem." Edward said, snobby and dismissive.

"It's okay. Let's have a seat," Dean whispered to Jared, then said louder for all to hear, "Deal us in."

Jared sat next to Dean. They held their lit cigars between their fingers and their cards in their other hand.

"Shit." Dean muttered, setting his cigar in the ashtray next to him.

"Someone's got a shitty hand." Tom laughed.

"What's wrong?" Jared whispered.

Dean leaned to the side so he could take his wallet out of his back pocket. He opened it in his lap where no one could see and took out two hundred dollars in tens and twenties and discreetly handed them to Jared. "I forgot. We play with real money."

Jared took the money and told him he'd pay him back. They made bets, played hands, smoked cigars and drank whiskey. Dean was a good player, but not better than Tom and another man named Buzz. Jared had only played poker a few times in his life and lost all but fifty bucks of Dean's money. He decided to quit while he still had some left.

Dean finished his hand, gulped his whiskey and slammed the empty glass on the poker table. "That's it. I'm done. I can't come back from that loss. I have to keep some money. Jess will want to go buy a pink poodle or some bullshit thing tomorrow."

"Gotta keep our women happy. That includes mistresses and girlfriends." Tom chuckled with his cigar held between his teeth. He shuffled the cards and began dealing them out.

Edward chimed in, "Or it's no sex until they've bought out the damn store."

"Hey, Tom, what happened when you went to that gym last week?" Buzz asked, taking two new cards.

"Fuckers wouldn't listen to reason. I told them that I'm going to spread the word about the type of people they hire."

"Guys? I think we're gonna go," Dean said, nudging Jared to save him from the topic at hand.

"What happened?" Jared asked Tom and the others.

Edward enlightened him, "All our wives went to the fitness center for aerobic classes on the corner of West and Maple. Their previous trainer left and the gym hired a faggot in his place."

Jared blinked and felt his heart jump into his throat. "A what?" the dry whisper left his mouth.

Dean glanced from Jared to Edward. "Hey, man, that's offensive."

Everyone looked at Dean, but Tom was the one that spoke up, "Offensive? Maybe to faggots." The others laughed except Dean and Jared—and Jared was fuming.

Buzz added, "What's offensive is that our wives had to watch that fairy flaunt his gay ass all over the place." He spoke in a high voice with a stereotypical gay voice and snapped his fingers, making a Z in the air. "Haayyy guuurls-"

"Alright, you've had your fun. That's enough." Dean stood up, almost knocking his chair over. "We're leaving now."

Jared walked toward the stairs they'd come down and heard the men's conjectures about Dean. He didn't like it one bit. He stopped, turned and shouted over the men's chatter.

"Dean isn't gay. He's sticking up for people who are. You sit there smoking and drinking and thinking you're the elite of society, but you're all just insecure homophobes."

Dean grabbed Jared's arm and pulled him up the stairs. "Shut up, Jared," he voiced harshly over the sound of laughter.

"Why? You said so yourself—they're pompous asses."

At the top of the stairs, Dean turned Jared around. "Because I have to live here next to them and play their reindeer games or I get left out and talked about. Rumors spread and soon Bennington's Hotel will have a bad reputation associated with it. I'll lose business." He walked around Jared and went to the front door.

Jared caught up. "Because of false rumors that you're gay? You sound like them. Is that all you think about?--money and your name being linked with being a homosexual?"

"No! I thought you knew me well enough to know that's not important to me, but my brothers own Bennington's Hotels too. If anything happened, they'd never talk to me again. Get in." He unlocked the car.

"But you stuck up for me back there. They're already making assumptions."

"No, I stuck up for gay rights. There's a difference. They don't know you're gay."

Dean's words hit Jared hard. He found the courage to ask, "Your wife—she was a member of that fitness club, wasn't she? She shares their views?" He swallowed and sighed.

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"Don't, just don't." Jared's eyes burned from cigar smoke. He closed them and wondered why Dean had surrounded him with homophobic people.

Dean wanted to do something, anything to make Jared feel better. He reached out, his hand hovering over Jared's leg, but he caught himself and touched his arm instead. "Please don't be upset. I love ya the way you are. Gay, straight, into roosters, or if you jack off watching grass grow. Doesn't matter to me."

"Are you sure?" Jess hated queers. How could he ever show his face around Dean's house again? Simple. He wouldn't.

"Absolutely."

Jared relaxed into the passenger seat and enjoyed the silence until Dean stopped in front of his apartment building.

"I can't say it's been fun." Jared shifted his body toward Dean.

"Then let's make it fun. We'll go up to your place." Dean opened his door.

"What's fun about my place?"

"I like it there. It's comfy."
﴿﴾ ﴿﴾ ﴿﴾
With beers in their hands, seated on the couch, Jared and Dean chose a movie to watch on cable.

"This is the life," Dean unbuttoned the top few buttons on his dress shirt.

"It's all I need." Jared followed suit and rested his feet on the coffee table.

"I mean it, man. I really enjoy spending time with you. It's not your typical Friday night, but it's nice sitting here without having to speak during the silences. I can be me around you."

"I'm enjoying it too," Jared said, his eyes shyly on Dean, who swore when his cell phone rang in his pocket.

"It's Jess."

"I'll go in the hall so you can have privacy."

"No." Dean's fingers wrapped around Jared's arm. "Stay."

Jared nodded at eyes that looked grave, yet begging for his company.

"Hi Jess. What-" Dean's sentence was rudely cut short.

Jess yelled so loudly that Dean had to hold the phone away from his ear.

"Where the hell are you? Melinda called and told me you left hours ago with a guy. You took that cook to our friend's house, didn't you? Do you have any idea what that makes us? The laughingstock of all our friends. Do you know what Tom told her? Do you?"

"What?" Dean didn't blink. He couldn't care less what Tom said, but apparently his wife did. Couldn't they live their lives the way they wanted without the glass house, prying eyes, and whispers of speculation?

"That you're on the gay trainer's side. The guys hinted that you're probably one of them."

He had to make Jess say it. Had to. "One of whom?"

"Them. Goddammit, Dean. You know what I mean. One of those creepy homos."

"Let them think what they want, they will anyway. Jesus, do you ask your friends when it's okay to sneeze?"

"Where are you? You sound drunk. Are you at the hotel bar?"

"No. I'm at Jared's place." Once again, he glanced at Jared, but now he crossed his eyes and twisted his mouth, making a funny face. Jared took a deep breath and let out the biggest laugh as he bent over, shoulders quaking under the irregular breaths he heaved.

"What's so funny? Why is he laughing? Is he making fun of me, Dean?"

"No, honey. Something happened in a movie we're watching. I'll be home in a few hours, okay?"

"You owe me for this."

"For what?" Dean drew his mouth into a tight line.

"Smoothing things over with everyone. I told them you were joking when you stuck up for that trainer. I think they believed it. Anyway, don't say anything if they bring it up again. Gays give me the shivers. Don't they do the same to you?"

"No." Dean bit his bottom lip and nibbled on it.

The flesh between Dean's teeth intrigued Jared. He couldn't stop staring, wishing it were his lip, or even better, his dick. He let out a small moan, catching Dean's attention.

Dean's right brow rose and he canted his head. "What," he mouthed once Jared's eyes flicked up.

Nothing, he mimed, waving his hands back and forth. He noticed Dean was still staring, trying to figure him out. Jared took the opportunity to get up and grab two more beers.

"They don't bother me because they're people just like you and I. Anyway," Dean raised his voice in anger, "It's pointless to defend myself. You're not open minded."

"We won't speak of this again." Jess's voice softened, "I'm sorry I'm so needy. I want to argue with you so you pay attention to me. I'm lonely, Dean. You go out with your friends and I go out with mine, but when we're together, it's like we don't know one another. Aside from having sex, we don't communicate. This has to change."

"I agree."

"When will you do it?"

"Do it?" Dean's eyes conveyed confusion.

Jared chuckled and wiggled his brows at Dean when he heard him utter the two words. He handed Dean a beer and started in on his own.

Jess gave an exasperated sigh, "Do it. Choose a woman and have your weekend. Melinda said Tom changed right away. We need this, Dean. This is the only way."

"Soon, but I won't tell you with who per your instructions. Just so you won't get anxious, I'll stay at the hotel for the next four weekends so you won't know when I'm going to do it."

"I'll know when you come back and our relationship will be better than ever. Just don't fall for her, Dean."

"I won't." He almost laughed. Fall in love with a woman over one weekend? Not a chance. Hell, it wasn't even going to work. Luanne had sucked his cock and nothing had changed. Not one thing. How was fucking a stranger supposed to be the cure all?

"Baby, will you come home to me now? I'm going to take a bubble bath, then we can talk in bed and make up."

"Soon, I'll see you in a half hour. Bye." Dean dropped his gaze at having seen Jared's disappointed face.

"Are you in trouble?"

"Not anymore. She fixed things with her friends."

"I heard you mention weekends. You've decided to go through with it?" Jared felt cast aside, but Dean was Jess's husband, not a potential boyfriend.

Dean laughed and slammed his beer. "She's in a hurry for me to be with another woman. She's under the impression that after I have sex with someone else, I'll come back to her a changed man, a better man." He scoffed.

"And she believes this why?"

"You met Tom. His wife Melinda let him do it and allegedly they're closer than ever, although I doubt Tom is faithful. He often speaks about other women.

"Well, you'll get your wish then. No vanilla sex for three days."

"Heh, that's right." Dean said in a low tone.

Several moments passed before Jared spoke, "Are you going to see that woman that gave you a blow job?"

"No, she's gone and not coming back this way."

"Oh. Do you have a woman in mind?"

"No. It won't be hard though."

'That's probably true. He's sexier than anyone I've ever known,' Jared thought, 'He could get his pick of any woman. Why does it feel like he's going to cheat on me by fucking some woman he doesn't know. Dammit. I gotta stop drinking.'

Jared insisted on calling a cab for Dean. He could barely walk by the time the movie finished. With his arm around Dean's waist, they staggered to the door.

"Thanks for coming along tonight and I'm sorry those guys were rude."

"No problem. You gave me fair warning." Jared patted Dean's back and led him outside to wait for the cab.

"I don't know why people are so hung up on calling out guys like you."

"Fear. They're scared of getting hit on, looked at, or inappropriately touched. Some think we're child molesters. Maybe religion told them it's a sin, or they're just against two men being together." Jared stood before Dean with his hands on his shoulders holding him up. Smiling, he announced proudly, "I have fifty bucks left from the poker game."

"Keep it."

"No. You gave me a loan and I told you I'd pay you back in full."

"You play poker for shit." Dean laughed. "But like I said, I don't want the money."

"I feel funny about it. Please just let me settle the bill?"

"Tell ya what ..." Dean slurred and fell forward. Jared pushed Dean's shoulders back so he'd stand up, but Dean seemed resistant and took Jared by the arms. A look passed between them. Jared felt his hands releasing Dean, allowing him to move closer, just to see what his friend was going to do. Numerous thoughts paraded through Jared's head and countless emotions flashed in his eyes when he realized Dean's intentions.

His eyes slipped closed and he felt Dean's beer scented breath on his lips, then the soft touch of those lips on his own. Jared let out a short whine and dug his fingers into Dean's shoulders, holding him in place as he kissed back and seared Dean's lips with heat, like a branding iron. Right as Jared parted his lips, Dean pushed Jared away.

"There. Now you don't have to pay me back."

"Huh?" Jared smiled at Dean's lack of clarity.

"I gave you two hundred bucks for that kiss—think of it like that."

"You're not making sense." Jared suddenly narrowed his eyes, realizing what Dean meant. "You can't kiss me and think you're doing me a favor by paying for it."

"Did you not like it?" Dean asked, blinking heavily.

"This is bullshit. You're just as bad as your friends. You use people." Jared looked around. "Your cab's here. I don't want to talk to you ever again. Stay with those rich bitches and bastards. You fit right in." He turned and stomped off, his arms rigid at his sides, and entered the building, then to his apartment where he landed on his bed and fell asleep with tears drying on his face.
﴿﴾ ﴿﴾ ﴿﴾
Dean arrived home, paid the driver and meandered to the front door of his house. He fumbled with the keys and ended up cussing and ringing the doorbell multiple times. Jess opened the door in a white lace gown.

"Forget your keys?" Jess opened the door wider.

"The fucking keyhole is too small for my key." Dean tripped over the step and fell to his hands and knees. "Ow, fuck it!" He crawled inside and took off his shoes. Gazing with a lazy smile at Jess, he said, "Hi honey. I'm home."

Jess closed and locked the door. She wanted to help him up, but she might break the set of acrylic nails she'd just paid fifty dollars for. "Get up, baby. Come on, you can do it."

Dean crawled all the way up the stairs, through the master bedroom, and into the bathroom where Jess helped him undress. He showered half-awake, holding onto the wall and buckling his legs occasionally. He barely remembered what happened tonight. There were cigars, booze, Jared, some movie, and a cab ride home.

"Come to bed, Dean." Jess said, knocking on the shower doors.

He mumbled something and turned off the water, standing there dripping and swaying side to side.

"Here's a towel." Jess slid the door open and handed it to him. He felt for it and grabbed it, wiping his face first. Jess came back with another towel and helped him dry off before he could slip and fall.

Dean took small steps with his arms spread wide for balance and plopped onto the bed on his back with a groan, not caring that he was naked or that he was on top of the covers.

"Baby," Jess lay next to him, speaking and scraping her long nails on his chest. "Can you get it up?" Dean didn't acknowledge her, so she swept her hand down past his hard abdomen and encountered his cock. She tried tugging on it to bring it to life, then she tried using her mouth.

"Finger my asshole," Dean muttered. He gave a lazy smile and added, "That'll get me hard."

Jess sat up and screeched, "EW! What have you been doing with Jared? Watching porn? I am not going anywhere near your nasty hole, you drunk."

"Aw, Jess," He blinked hard as if it were an effort. "I bet it would feel really good. At least touch me there."

Was he serious?! He looked serious and as a result, Jess's collagen-inflated lips downturned in distaste. "No way."

"You like my ass." Dean whined and had a go at his dick. His shoulder and arm muscles rippled with each upward movement. Nothing. The cock in his fist remained limp. He laughed at the circumstance and dropped his arm to his side.

Jess clarified, "I like your ass in jeans or slacks or to grab when you're making love to me."

"I bet Jared would." Dean laughed openly without reserve and turned on his side to look at her.

Jess wrinkled her nose, as much as it would crinkle. At the mention of Jared, she clenched her jaw closed, asking between her teeth in a repulsive tone, "What is that supposed to mean? You're making me ill with your insinuations."

"It was a joke." Dean snickered into his hand. "I should ask him if he does that."

"Is he gay, Dean? Is that fucker gay? You let him into our house?!" Jess grabbed at her hair, then thought better of it. She'd had extensions put in last week.

"Oh Jess, relax for once."

"No. You let me eat food that fag made with his hands? He probably gave us Aids." She screamed in hysterics. "You did this."

"I didn't say he was gay. Dammit, I said relax. I was joking with you. I know how you feel about gays. Fuck, Jess, you'd think it was a crime to like a person of the same sex."

"In some countries it is." She lay down, but farther away from Dean. "You were really joking?" Her tone suggested skepticism.

"Yes, now be quiet and go to sleep. I am." Dean closed his eyes and promptly passed out.
﴿﴾ ﴿﴾ ﴿﴾
Something was jarring him awake. Rubbing his eyes, Dean stared, not quite believing what he saw in the moonlit room. Jess was straddling him and pumping his cock to get it hard.

"What the hell?" Dean sat up and removed her from his body. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"I was going to wake you once you were hard. So," she said, her nails on Dean's face catching and scraping his stubble, "Who were you dreaming about? You were moaning and whispering things you say when you make love to me."

"How should I know? I passed out. I don't even remember coming home."

"Hm." Jess eyed him, inspecting his face for a shred of dishonesty. "Okay, goodnight."

"Just let me sleep it off." He frowned at her and rolled over.