Status: Completed. Go to the sequel.

Good Girl

Epilogue

3 Months Later

Mallory made her way down the street, her high heels clicking on the sidewalk. She held a venti Starbucks cup in one hand, and her Prada tote in the other. Her lunch break was over, and she had ten minutes to walk back to the office.

Despite her cheerful mood, Mallory dreaded going back to her stack of paperwork and meeting with more rude clients. She kept on smiling anyway. She had been somewhat content without Matt in her life, and even more after she left Tess with a busted lip.

Slowing the pace of her brisk walk, Mallory’s happy smile faltered. The one person she did not want to see was walking down the sidewalk, heading straight for her. Mallory briefly considered crossing the street to avoid her. Mallory pursed her lips, already feeling her heart thumping.

The dark brunette was standing in front of Mallory before she knew it, and Mallory waited for a smart remark to slip through her lips. She hesitated, and Mallory watched her take a deep breath.

“Hi,” Tess breathed, lifting her oversized sunglasses and pushing them up onto her head. Her once bruised face was back to its normal complexion.

Mallory narrowed her eyes at Tess. She was not going to play another one of her games. Tess was truly crazy.

“I’ve got nothing to say to you,” Mallory said, standing straighter. She could be adult about this and turn the other cheek. Mallory started to step around Tess, her hands gripping the handles of her purse.

“I’m sorry.”

Mallory was almost taken aback when Tess blurted out those two words. She arched an eyebrow skeptically. “You’re sorry for sleeping with Matt?”

“No,” Tess shook her head, not even a bit remorseful. Her cloud-grey eyes turned somewhat apologetic. “I’m sorry for hurting you.”

Right,” Mallory scoffed. She knew that Tess didn’t feel any remorse for what she’d done. “You didn’t feel sorry three months ago.”

“But I had time to think.” Tess reached out to Mallory before she could walk away. “I’m leaving. I’m moving back to New Jersey.”

Mallory only blinked at her, silently asking why she would care what Tess did. Mallory could care less.

“I’m not gonna bother you or Matt ever,” Tess almost sounded like she was pleading to Mallory. “My mom’s really sick, so I’m gonna stay there and you won’t ever have to see me again. And, I’m gonna try to get my life together. Maybe go to school and find a job, I don’t know.” Tess ran a hand through her hair, sighing. “Fuck, I didn’t even like working at Hooters.”

Mallory bit her lip, her eyes boring into Tess’s. She wasn’t sure if she was lying to her; it seemed like the only thing she’d been doing lately. If her mom was actually sick, Mallory mildly regretted talking about Tess’s mother.

Mallory opened her mouth, trying to find the words she wanted to say. She licked over her lipstick-stained lips, nodding slowly. She wanted Tess to get her own life and stop messing with other people’s.

“Good for you, Tess.” Mallory finally stepped around her, muttering. “Good for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You're all gonna fucking kill me for how short this chapter is. But she had her last run-in with Tess.

So, this is the end! Thank you to everyone who subscribed, commented, and rec'd! I love all of you guys and I hope you continue to read into the sequel!

I may or may not update the sequel until the weekend. I might update soon or wait. Go tell me what you want to see in the first chapter of the sequel. See you then! *kisses*

Lovely last commenters!
Synful Cocktail
princesspkia
mizz_vengenz
mrs. McCarron
quothraven
mrsmshadz
damageddiva2012
spotiedotie
taylervengenz
lynshiningstar