‹ Prequel: Through the Glass
Sequel: For You
Status: Enjoy! Ehehehe

Again and Again

1/1

“There are matters on Midgard that I need to attend to. I will not be gone for more than a week, would you like me to bring anything back for you?” Xaven and Cora stare at each other and smile.

“What is their music like?” Xaven asks and Thor turns his blue eyes to Cora.

“I often wonder if the mortal’s literature holds any weight to our own,” Cora sheepishly admits and Thor nods his head.

“Very well, I shall bring back songs and books.” Thor pulls the two woman into a tight embrace before he heads off to the Bifrost.

Xaven turns to Cora and bites her lower lip, “Are you going to visit Uncle today?”

“Would you like to come along?” Cora offers and Xaven’s eyes light up making Cora smile. “Come on then, I am sure Fandral is waiting for us.” Gathering her skirt in her hands, Cora turns and walks back into the palace with Xaven on her life side.

“What do you and Uncle talk about every day?” Cora glances over at Xaven and smiles. Xaven feels Cora’s eyes on her and she drops her head down in apology, “Forgive me, I did not mean to pry,” Xaven mutters and Cora laughs.

“You are just fine, little dove. Your question just makes me wonder that is all.”

“Wonder?”

“Do you often think of my conversations with your Uncle?” Cora asks and Xaven shrugs her shoulders.

“You see Uncle every day and you spend hours at a time with him. I’m just curious if you ever run out of things to talk about.”

Cora smiles down at Xaven and shakes her head, “You would think just that after a week, but no. Your Uncle has been alone for well over a century, he has missed many events and changes that we have taken for granted. Take yourself for example, when Loki first saw you, you were two years old and your hair was as bright as your father’s. Now you are two years over a century old and a carbon copy of your mother. Think of the wars and celebrations that have passed or how many of our dear ones have passed on?” Cora wraps her arm around Xaven’s shoulders and continues, “Do you understand yet? So many event have taken place and Loki has missed them all. So again, no we do not run out of things to talk about.”

Image

With her arms full of books, Cora leaves her chambers and walks down the halls towards the entrance of the dungeons. Her hair is down, covering her shoulders and tickling the skin of her neck as it sways from side to side with each step Cora takes. The books in Cora’s arms are filled with written words from the realm of Midgard which Thor was thoughtful enough to bring back when he left. Cora is excited to read the new pieces to Loki, over the last two weeks, Cora has visited Loki’s cell every day and she has spent their time talking, but today she will read.

At the entrance of the dungeons, Fandral stands with his back against the wall and his arms crossed over his chest. Hearing the soft steps of Cora, Fandral turns in her direction and he smiles, “You’re late,” Fandral teases and Cora rolls her eyes, but says nothing. “Are you going to read all of those to Loki?”

“Not all at once. I will let Loki choose what he would like to hear,” Cora explains and Fandral nods his head as he leads the way to Loki’s cell.

“I am sure that Loki will be thankful for your kindness.” Fandral motions with his hand for Cora to go to Loki and Cora nods her head with a light smile. Knowing that Cora visits Loki every day, Fandral took it upon himself to bring down a chair to sit upon during the visits. Fandral knows that Thor wants him to watch over Cora and Loki, but Fandral always feels wrong while doing it, so he moved the chair in the center of the aisle and off to the side of Loki’s cell so that Loki and Cora’s words are audible, but Fandral cannot see their faces.

Cora walks up to Loki’s cell and her eyes widen when she sees Loki standing with his back to her, shirtless. Cora bites her lower lip and she openly gawks at Loki’s pale skin and taunt muscles that tense with his every move. Feeling eyes on him, Loki smirks, “Good morning, my darling.” Loki’s silky voice makes Cora jump and she blushes when she notices that Loki has turned around. Loki stares at Cora’s flushed face and he can imagine the quick beat of her pulse beneath her skin. Licking his dry lips, Loki cocks his head to the side and sighs, “You look beautiful today.”

“Thank you,” Cora’s voice is soft and shy making Loki’s lips spread into a grin. “Did I interrupt your bathing?”

Loki shakes his head, “If you came a moment earlier, yes, but not now. Parton me a moment.” Loki turns around and grabs the green tunic off his cot and slips it over his head. Shoving his arms through the sleeves, Loki fixes the tunic so that it is no longer bunching around his waist and he turns around. “I see you have books. Are you reading today?” Loki asks as he walks towards Cora.

Bending down, Cora sets the stack of books down on the steps and she lowers herself onto the step as well. Loki sits on the floor and lets his head rest against the cool stone of his cell. “I thought you would like to hear a few poems…”

“Are they by anyone grand?”

Cora shrugs her shoulders, “I do not know. They are Midgard poets.” Loki picks his head up and stares at Cora.

“Midgard poets?” Loki repeats and Cora licks over her lips. Loki sighs and nods his head, “Very well…read.”

“Don’t fret, Loki. These poems are not as primitive as you may think.” Reaching in front of her, Cora grabs one of the thick books and opens it. Clearing her throat, Cora lets her eyes read over the words quickly before she takes a short breath and starts to read. Keeping her eyes on the text before her, Cora spares short glances at Loki to see if he likes the poets from Midgard. Having Loki voice no complaints, Cora smiles inwardly and continues to read father into the book. Hour seem to ghost by as Cora and Loki, both get lost in the written words that fill the air around them. Loki sits with his eyes closed, listening to Cora, but finding himself more focused on the sound of her voice then what she is reading.

Listening to Cora’s voice, Loki wishes he could be allowed to have an easel and some paint, just for the moment. If he closes his eyes tight enough, Loki can see Cora’s voice, he can see the soft pink undertones and the vivid shades of purple that are Cora’s voice. Loki can see the bold streak of yellow that demands to be seen and the subtle hints of blue that show a hidden sadness. The colors wrap themselves around Loki like the warm and calming breeze of his childhood. Finding himself now smiling, Loki opens his eyes and he watches the ways Cora loses herself to the text in her lap. Feeling a set of eyes on her, Cora picks her head up and her words fade from her lips as she finds herself lost in Loki’s loving gaze. A light blush kisses Cora’s cheeks and Loki grins, “I love the sound of your voice,” Loki admits and a deeper blush sets in Cora’s cheeks. “Read it again, please?” Loki’s request puts a shy smile on Cora’s face and she nods her head. Tucking some hair behind her ear, Cora takes a small breath and reads the last poem over again.

“So we'll go no more a-roving
So late into the night,
Though the heart still be as loving,
And the moon still be as bright.

For the sword outwears its sheath,
And the soul outwears the breast,
And the heart must pause to breathe,
And love itself have rest.

Though the night was made for loving,
And the day returns too soon,
Yet we'll go no more a-roving
By the light of the moon.”

Loki sighs and nods his head, content with the poem. He may not have been paying much attention to the poems before, but he is pleased with this one. “Who wrote this?”

“Lord Byron and its titled “So We’ll Go No More a-Roving”. Did you like it?” Cora asks and Loki thinks over his answer.

“I have heard better, but for Midgard, it will suffice…for the time being.” Cora rolls her eyes and looks over at Fandral, who is sleeping in his chair. Turning her attention back to Loki, Cora picks herself up off the step and stands. Loki stands as well and looks down at Cora. “I expect better pieces for tomorrow.”

“As you wish my Prince,” Cora mummers with a bow and Loki smirks.

Lowering his head, Loki looks right into Cora’s eyes, “I love you.”

“And I love you. Goodnight Loki.” Cora gathers up her books and gives Loki one last smile before she walks out of sight and wakes Fandral. Offering to carry the books, Fandral leads Cora out of the dungeons and back to her chambers for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
All right everyone, so here's the deal. This is the LAST mini/one-shot story. The next story, which is titled For You is a full length!!! I am very excited for it, but I won't be starting it right away. I have a few other Loki stories that I want to get out and I think you will like them as well. There are three in total. Dance For You, Jump and One Night. Not sure if they will be full lengths or short stories yet, but I am sure they will not be one-shots.

Cora and Xaven's outfit
Cora's outfit with Loki

Comment. Recommend. Subscribe.