All You Have to Do Is Believe

Four

I've been spending a lot of time with Ash lately. Its crazy to think how fast things are going, and at the same time its fun. She's been going through a lot though, ever since Roy was attacked by the white tiger. It's been difficult for her, and I've tried my best to help her through it.

She is with me now in my room at the Aladdin. She is on my sofa looking through a magazine while my cat Hammie rests on her lap. We have plans to go out for dinner but I've been busy with meetings and stuff for my new show with Cirque du Soleil. The show doesn't open for a while, but there is so much planning to get into and on top of that i have my TV show and in the last couple of days I've been buried in work.

Everybody I work with only just left us alone. I'm surprised at how calmly Ash seems to take everything, like it just doesn't phase her. So far we've been lucky not to get a lot of publicity surrounding our relationship. Press has been too busy covering what happened to Roy to really pay attention to whats going on around it.

I sit next to her and she gives me a sideways look. I feel like my heart speeds up a little bit every time she looks at me. I've developed feelings for her way faster than i should have. I push a little bit of her hair behind her ear and she gives me a smile.

"You work too much," she says.

"I know...it can get busy in here," i say.

She nods her head once and closes the magazine. She strokes Hammie's head absently a few times and then she lets out a sigh. I can tell it's been a lot harder on her than she's let on. She looks tired and drained and i can't help but want to make it better for her. I just don't know how.

"You can talk to me, you know," i say.

"It's just so overwhelming," she says then and lifts up the cat in a kind of hug. "There is paparazzi everywhere all the time, people asking everybody questions. Magazine articles. But nobody can seem to stop and realize that Roy was a person and...and now he's in such bad condition. He could die...and nobody seems to see that."

"I see it," I say.

"It's hard...because if I think about it too much, I can't deal with it. If I try and shut it out of my mind i feel guilty because i should be worried about Roy. But...It's just so hard," and now she has tears in her eyes. She lets go of Hammie and he runs off.

I instinctively pull her into an embrace. She rests her head on my shoulder and I can feel her shake with sobs every so often.

"Hey, it's going to be alright," I try and reassure her. "It will all work out, and Roy will be okay."

"It's such a scary thought..." i say. "I've known him my entire life. He helped raise me. He's like a second father to me...and...now..."

"Shh," I say quietly and run my hand over her hair a few times. "It will be fine," i say again, hoping to reassure her and calm her down.

She nods her head once against my shoulder and wiped her eyes with her finger tips. "I'm sorry," she says.

"It's perfectly understandable," I say. "You never need to apologize to me for sharing your feelings, Aishwayra. I'm always here for you."

"Thank you," she says. "I love that about you."

We stay on the sofa for a while, just holding onto each other and kissing and what not. It's nice to be alone with her, just to be surrounded by her. She's a beautiful person and i feel myself falling for her more each day.

Finally we make it to dinner and we try and enjoy our time out and keep our minds off of what's going on. It is obviously more difficult for her than it is for me. But she manages to keep it under wraps most of the time. It isn't until the cameras start going off that she seems alert.

"I...I'm just not in the mood for this," she says angrily. "Why can't they just leave me alone?"

"It's probably me they are after," I say and sigh. "We can go." I pay the check and we walk out of the restaurant together. We are instantly surrounded by the flashing cameras and it's a little bit difficult to see. I out of instinct put my arm around Aishwayra's shoulders and she puts her head down to be shielded from the cameras and I push us through the crowd and to my car. It takes a few minutes to calm down.

"Are you alright?" i ask her.

"I'm fine," she says. "Just tired of them."

"It's been a frenzy the last couple weeks," I say and sigh. I start the car and we head back to the Aladdin in mostly silence.

My mind is pretty stuck on knowing I'm going to see those pictures of us trying to leave the restaurant on the cover of some magazine with a headline nobody wants to see. The media frenzy is bad now...it can only get worse.