Status: In the works!

Between Two Cities

Chapter 4

The next day, I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. I opened my eyes and realized that I was still on the couch and Jamie was sitting next to me. I rubbed my eyes and looked on the end table and saw that it was my phone ringing. I picked it up and read a text message from my friend Shayla.

“Uh oh. Miriam is at it again. Go on her IG.”

I rolled my eyes and went to Miriam Henderson’s Instagram and saw three pictures of her and Seguin together. I went to one and read the caption.

“Welcome to Dallas, handsome.”

Once again, I rolled my eyes and scoffed at the picture. I heard Jamie starting to stir and he opened his eyes. I showed him the picture and he looked down at it. He rolled his eyes as well.

“Oh god.” He said in his adorable morning voice. I tilted my head a little and admired his entire face. Gosh he was so cute in the morning. Snap out of it, Millie.

“Well anyway, good morning.” Jamie said snapping me out of my trance. I smiled at him then kissed him softly. I snuggled myself into him and closed my eyes. It wasn’t long before my phone vibrated again. I sighed loudly and grabbed it and saw it was another text from Shayla.

“Word of mouth is that Miriam is going to Training Camp today. Be on the lookout for her.”

Miriam Henderson is a petite blonde girl who just about sets her eyes on every NHLer.. Including Jamie. That situation made us butt heads and hate eachother even more than normal. Also, my constant kicking her out of the practice arena made her want to kill me. Everytime I think she’s never going to come around again, she always creeps up and naturally, she’s out for Tyler. Miriam has also been a huge enemy of mine since High School. She absolutely hated Adam and I and tried her best to get with every single guy I had been talking too. It wasn't pretty.

“What’s wrong?” Jamie asked me after he noticed the expression on my face.

“Miriam is going to Training Camp today… Again.” I said.

“Don’t let her get to you, Millie. Who cares if she’s going?” Jamie replied giving me a slow comforting shoulder massage.

“No I am letting it get to me, Jamie. I hate her and the fact that she’s coming with Seguin pisses me off even more.” I said.

“Well let’s just worry about Miriam if she shows her face today. For now though, we finish off our movie.” Jamie said pulling me back onto the couch. I smiled and turned the TV on and pressed play.

“Okay let’s see… You three over there and you three over here.” I said to some of the prospects. They all skated to their spots. I adjusted my Dallas Stars hat and pointed to the furthest group.

“You three, two of you are going to go at a time. You’ll be defense. You three are offense. Now I want you guys to focus on depth and physicality. Make sure you pick up an offense and keep him distracted. It’s all about the focus and depth.” I explained. I watched as the rookies began to make the play. Their speed was good and they were focusing really hard which is what I was looking for.

“Fifty-Six, awesome, focus now just focus on your depth and physicality! Keep it-“ I began saying but then heard a the sound of a giggling girl and a low voice whispering. I cringed a little then turned around and sure enough it was Miriam and Tyler. I skated to the bench where Tyler was standing on one side and Miriam on the other and stood there waiting for them to stop making out like slobs. Miriam looked at me and gave me a dirty look.

“Oh you have to work with the team whore?” She said as she chomped on her gum. I rolled my eyes and kept my mouth shut.

“Guess she’s still desperate for someone ever since her annoying boyfriend died and her brother got torn away from her.” When Miriam said that, I snapped and skated toward her.

“DON’T YOU EVER FUCKING TALK ABOUT ADAM LIKE THAT YOU FUCKING PRICK.” I yelled trying to grab at her but I felt two arms trying to restrain me. Tyler just stood there acting like he had no idea what was going on.

“Who’s Adam?” Tyler asked.

When I was in the eighth grade, my brother and I moved from Sweden to Dallas because he was getting drafted to the Stars. I started at a new school and I had absolutely no friends. I met Adam who was the “adorable boy next door”. He got me introduced to the new school and helped me make more friends. The two of us were best friends all through high school and we even went to the same college together. When we were juniors at the U though, I remember getting the call from Adam’s parents.

“Millie, Adam passed away this morning. He was killed in a car accident...”

For months, I was so upset and afraid to go out into the open. I cried for days after finding out about his death. Loui missed a couple games just to be with me. When I finally recuperated I got back to school and graduated with my Masters in Sports Communications. I have a bracelet of his that says “Puck It” and I wear it every single day.

“THAT’S none of your concern new boy.” Jamie said still holding onto me.

“Lindy, get this girl out of her she can’t be here anyway it’s a closed practice.” Jamie said to the coach. Some security guards came to grab her and she was on her way out of the arena. I took a deep breath and let myself out of Jamie’s grip and stormed off the ice.

“Millie..” I heard Lindy calling after me. I turned around and rolled my eyes.

“You know what, I quit.” I said.

“What the…” He said still walking after me. I stuck my hands up and kept walking.

I felt pretty empowered for quitting my job. Or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! So I changed some of the things around in this! I made it so Millie and Loui AREN'T twins anymore! But anyway I hope you liked this!! Loui and the Bruins will be making their appearances very soon! :)

rec/comment/subscribe! <3

xoxo