Status: idk

Robbers

III.

I walk in late to the house where the party was held. All the other guys decided to go there early while I stayed in for some time trying to sort out some things for tour. Jared's new apartment was the perfect place for a party this wild. I guess I needed some fun after all. This is exactly what tour consisted of, and I wasn't going to be the party pooper.

I make my way to the kitchen, grabbing a beer from the refrigerator. I saw all the familiar faces in front of me, said my hellos and grabbed small talk here and there. Things were pretty good and Austin didn't do anything that's out of control. At least until now.. I took the last sip from my third beer of the night making my way to the toilet and wanting some time away from the loud music for a while. I could swear my right ear wasn't functioning properly from how loud the music was. Before I opened the bathrooms door, I could see from the small crack that Austin was there. He wasn't alone though, I could see someone else. It was that girl.. Alexia.
She was kissing him and I could see that both of them were wasted.

“Alexia, stop it please.” He suddenly pushed her away and tried to walk out. She pulled him back in and kissed him again.

“C'mon, I know you want this Austin. We both know you do.” She says in between her small kisses. Her body showing how much lust she was feeling. She wanted him so bad and I could see that Austin didn't.

“Alexia! Fucking stop. Not tonight. Stay away from me.” He slurred and pushed her away. This time, even though she was drunk just like he was. I could see hurt in her eyes, and Austin didn't give a shit about it. He moves a hand through his hair, taking out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and that was when I realized he was about to get out. I quickly ran and hid in the closet, waiting for him as he stumbled out of the bathroom and left the room to the party. I was about to get out but I sensed that Alexia walked out of the bathroom and figured I had to stay longer until she leaves.

She sat down on the bed and I could see how sad she looked. Her eyes watered and moments later she threw herself into the bed, completely breaking down.

I've never seen anyone crying like this before. The kind where you know there's so much pain going on inside of her. I kept waiting and she kept crying. Her whole body was shaking and I could see that she was trying her best to stop. She rubbed her tears with the back of her hand, sniffing. She stood up, fixed herself and looked into the mirror taking a few deep breathes, and seconds later she was out of the room.

I was still in the closet, lost in my own thoughts. Lost in how Austin would reject someone as beautiful as her, and how he didn't give a damn about what she was feeling. It made me angry, and I wish if I could just bring him into his right mind. But it was none of my business at all.

I left the room walking back into the party and the loud music. I spotted Austin dancing and surrounded with a bunch of girls. I shook my head, and went outside for a smoke. I figured I would need some fresh air after what I just saw. I've always hated the way Austin treated girls like some kind of objects he would use for sex and then leave them. Because even though most of the time the girls he'd sleep with are just one night stands, I know that some of them were expecting him and for them to go further and act like normal people. But that wasn't Austin. Austin wasn't normal at all.

I exhale the smoke, staring out in the distance. I wish if I could figure out what was wrong with me. I just kept having this weird negative vibe about tour and it wasn't just for Austin. I didn't know what it was and I wanted this thought to leave my brain. After smoking for a while and regaining my thoughts, I was about to get back in but I suddenly spotted Alexia in the arms of a random guy who was obviously trying to take her home. I walked towards them, and she was so drunk that she couldn't stand in both legs.

“Alexia?” I didn't know what the hell I was doing but I said it anyway.

“Oh heyyy, y-yyou.” She pointed a finger at me, trying to remember who I was. “J-jake? Jaaake!” She slurred and started hysterically laughing.

“It's John.” I chuckled softly, “C'mon, I think it's better if I take you back to the hotel so you can rest.” I got closer to her, trying to grab her from the guy's arms but she pushed me away.

“No! I'm having fun t-tonight.” She slurred, grabbing the guy's arms and walking towards to what I assumed was his car.

“Oh god.” I mumbled under my breath as I walked towards them. “I can't believe I'm doing this.” I whispered to myself.

“Stop!” I yelled, and the guy turned around looking at me. She was playfully kissing him as I finally caught my breath before I could talk.

“Just fucking leave her, man.” I spoke to the guy and he looked at me weirdly.

“And who are you? Her boyfriend or something?” He laughed, grabbing her again as she kissed him more.

“You better leave her alone, right now or I'm calling the police.” I wasn't aware of what I was saying, and as a matter a fact I didn't even know why I was caring so much about her.

“Yo, dude just chill. Alright, alright.” He threw her into me and she was too drunk to pull herself away from me. The guy simply left, cursing me under his breath as I tried to help Alexia to stand straight.

“What the hell are you doingggg.” She slurred, her eyes half closed. “I wanna have fun.”

I grabbed her into my arms and carried her to the van. She kept mumbling things I couldn't understand under her breath, her eyes closed. I tried to gently place her on the passenger seat and I realised her face was only inches away from mine. She smelt of alcohol and strawberries. Her eyes quickly open for a moment and she suddenly runs her soft fingers through my lips. She leaned in, and for a second there I thought I gave in. But I stopped myself. I didn't want her. Not like this.

As I drove away from the party house, I had realized that I didn't even know which hotel they were staying at.

“Oh fuck.” I whispered, stopping the van on the side of the road. “Uh, Alexia? Wake up. Alexia.” I called her name over and over again until she was awake.

“Hmmmm.” She rubbed her eyes, still fully wasted.

“Listen to me. I need you to tell me where is your hotel alright? I.. I don't know where it is and you need to get some rest. Can you tell me the name of the hotel you're staying at?” I asked, without getting any answer. She kept going back to sleep. “Oh god.” I ran a hand through my hair feeling frustrated. I didn't know what to do, so I just kept the van on the side of the road and I sat down, my head rested against the seat.

After a while thinking, I didn't have any choice but to take her back to the party and wait for Austin so he could take her back to the hotel. Right before I could pull the ignition to the van, she opened her eyes and covered her mouth with her hands. She quickly opened the door and left the van. I got out to see what was going on and realised that she was throwing up.

“Thanks.” She replied when I gave her water and some tissues. She rubbed her face and drank some water, running a hand through her dirty blonde hair. I realised she was starting to be more conscious. Still drunk, but at least this time she can tell me where the damn hotel is.

She got back into the van, and I followed.

She kept a straight face and I pulled the ignition to the van, waiting for her to talk.

“Where the hell are you taking me?” She was almost conscious, I could see that.

“Uh.. No, no, no... Don't get this the wrong way. I.. I uh.. I was only just going to take you back to the hotel but I... I stopped because I didn't know where your hotel was and I didn't know what to--- I didn't know what to do- so I fi--”

“I don't wanna go back to the hotel. Take me to your house.” She interrupted me, and all this time her eyes were fixed to the road and I was too shocked about what she just said. She simply grabbed the cigarette packet from her purse and lit up a cigarette, inhaling the smoke softly.

“Go.. Uh.. Back to my place?” I asked, unsure of what she just said to me.

“Did I stutter?” She mumbled, the cigarette still in her mouth.

Her entire face looked dark in the dim lights and I only shook my head as I drove towards my place. She turned on the stereo and Georgia by Vance Joy was playing, increasing the volume until the music filled the whole van. She laid back her head, staring into the road, her eyes unreadable.

‘She is something to behold.
Elegant and bold.
She is electricity,
Running to my soul.
And I could easily lose my mind,
The way you kiss me will work each time.
Calling me to come back to bed,
Singing Georgia on my mind.’


------------------------------

2:35AM

A few moments after we got into my apartment, I lead Alexia to my room and without a word, she took off her shorts, and it took me seconds to realize that she was undressing. I panicked and quickly turned my whole body the opposite side to look away. I heard her let out a chuckle.

“Can I use this shirt?” She spoke, asking as she grabbed one of my tossed shirts from my bed.

“Y-yeah.. Sure.” I stuttered. I didn't know why I was stuttering. I didn't know why my tongue was suddenly tied and I couldn't speak.

“You can turn around now.” She said and I did. A smirk laid on her pink lips as she wrapped her hair in a bun, looking at herself in the mirror.

“Goodnight Jake.” She spoke, throwing herself into my bed.

“It's uh- John actually.” I rubbed the back of my head nervously.

“John.” She corrected herself.

“Goodnight.” I spoke, leaving the room.

I grabbed a blanket and a pillow from the basement as I made my way to the living room. I sat down on the couch, my brain traveled to deep thoughts again. I remembered again, the way our faces parted, how she touched me softly, and with no hesitation tried to kiss me. But I realised that in the end she was drunk. What the hell am I even talking about? She doesn't even know my name. I plop my head down on the couch, in hopes to fall asleep as fast as I could. Tomorrow was going to be our first show in California and we have a long ride first thing in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please lemme know what you think!? It would mean a lot!