Status: I'm back, lovelies~

Bad Decisions

Callin' It Quits

Kellin was currently sitting across from the man that he had been dating for nearly two years, and they had been the happiest two years of his life, ones he wouldn't take back for anything. Yet, for the first time in a really long time Kellin didn't know what to say to the brown eyed male when he looked at him. For once, neither of them seemed to know what to talk about anymore.

It wasn't a normal occurrence for the two of them, Kellin could recall several times when the two of them would chat aimlessly for hours about just about nothing. They could blow through more topics in twenty minutes than most could in a whole hour.

Sadly, Kellin found this hasn't been the first time that he could feel things changing between him and his boyfriend. Things just hadn't been feeling the same as of lately, almost as if their relationship had lost all the excitement and enjoyment that it had once held. The deep love that he had for Vic just seemed to have faded into something a little more platonic. He still cared for the other, just in a way that didn't necessarily feel romantic anymore.

Clearing his throat, he decided to break the uneasy silence that had fallen over the pair, "Vic, I've been thinking," Kellin started, knowing very well how his words must have been sounding to the other. "Things between us haven't been the same."

Vic's brow furrowed for a moment, looking as if he had been cast into deep thought by the words. Kellin bit his lip for a moment, not wanting to hurt the other, but he couldn't go on with things the way they were now. Vic deserved to hear the truth, hear how he'd been questioning his feelings for the other.

"I know." The simple sentence had taken Kellin by surprise, he didn't know Vic had been feeling the same way as him. "I've been feeling it too."

"So, what do we do?" Kellin asked, his eyes training on the floor instead of the other male. In the pit of his stomach he could feel a slight tug, he knew what was coming. In a way, he was slightly upset at the idea of things ending, two years of his life had been spent with the other next to him.

"Is there much of a choice for us?" Vic asked, his voice seeming to hold the emotions that Kellin was feeling. Kellin could feel those brown eyes burning holes into the side of his head.

"No, I guess not." He confirmed, bringing his eyes up once more to meet Vic's. Taking a good look at his face, Kellin read all the emotions that were resting there. He was fairly good when it came to reading Vic. "This is it then?" As if he needed the confirmation.

"Yeah, it is." Vic nodded, his face scrunching slightly as he said the words. "I still care about you, Kellin. You know that, right?"

It was Kellin's turn to nod this time, "Yeah, I know. I still care about you too. This just- wasn't meant to be for us." He found he could take comfort in the fact that they had seemed to be on the same page for this, and it wasn't just a one sided thing.

Another silence feel over them, consuming them as they just seemed to take one another in. When it became too much, Vic spoke the words he was sure the two of them were thinking, "Where does this leave us?"

Kellin took a moment to think it over, sure they had ended things mutually, but was it truly a possible feat to befriend someone that you were once involved with romantically? Could he possibly face Vic again after this without all their romantic rendezvouses coming to mind? Possibly not, but he could at least try couldn't he?

"We can still be friends, can't we?" He questioned, he didn't want to force Vic into it if the other didn't feel like it was something that he could handle. He had spoke the truth, he did still care for the other deeply. They had known each other for quite sometime, to lose him would be a heavy blow to him.

"Yeah, of course we can." Vic agreed, seeming to be relieved that Kellin had come to that solution, by now he should have known better though. Kellin wasn't the type who could just walk away. "Maybe you could throw some benefits in there too?" Vic joked, feeling some of the tension melt away.

"Shut up, you're such an idiot." Kellin laughed, smiling for the first time in the last few hours. The fact that this process had been so easy and mutual eased the worries that had set into Kellin's mind.

"Seriously though, I'm really glad that we worked this out, Kellin. You're always going to be important to me." Vic spoke, the goofiness in his tone fading, but his smile still stretched across his features. It had certainly been one of the things Kellin had fallen for, the way his smile was so warm and contagious.

"You're important to me too, losing you would have really sucked." Kellin explained, looking at his now ex-boyfriend with understanding. It was said that Kellin and Vic always seemed so in sync with one another when they were together, some things just never change apparently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first chapter, they'll get longer as time goes on, I just wanted to get the intro done.