Status: I'm back, lovelies~

Bad Decisions

Movin' Along

It was officially one week after the split, and the first time Kellin had spoken to Vic since that day. It wasn't as if they had been avoiding one another, it was just the two of them giving the other space to settle into the way things were now. The reason Kellin was calling him today was to double check that he didn't mind Kellin showing up to some family thing that Mike had called to invite him to. At first Kellin was sure that Mike would't have anything to do with him after he caught word of the breakup.

During the time they were together, Kellin had grown close to Vic's family. They were far more welcoming and opening than his own, but it had been Mike that Kellin had grown the closest to, they had instantly hit it off and became great friends during the time that Vic and Kellin had been dating. He was more than willing to show up to any of the parties that the family was inviting him to, but he still wanted to make sure it wouldn't inconvenience Vic to have him there.

Sighing softly, he reached for his phone and tapped on Vic's name in his contacts list, he hoped he wasn't bothering him or anything. Normally this would be time they spent together, but now that Vic was left to his own past times Kellin wasn't sure what his plans were.

"Hey Kells, what's up?" The cheerful tone greeted him after the fourth ring. It almost caught Kellin off guard to hear him sounding so chipper, then he remembered why he had called in the first place.

"Hey Vic, I was calling because I talked to Mike the other day-" Kellin could hear Vic sigh on the other end of the phone, it caused a slight smile to cross his lips. He always enjoyed the relationship the two brothers had with one another.

"I'm sorry he's bothering you about this, he just didn't take my word for it when I told him what happened. I guess he wanted to make sure I wasn't fucking around with him or something." Vic apologized quickly, used to making excuses for his brother's behavior by now.

"No, not that, it's just- he invited me to a party your family is having and I want to make sure that you wouldn't mind if I went." Kellin explained, feeling embarrassed by his words even if the other couldn't see him. It felt odd asking for his permission to go somewhere, but it only felt right for him to do it. "I mean, I didn't know if you would feel weird about everything."

"Kellin, stop worrying so much. It'd be great to see you there, you know my family loves you." Vic explained, not understanding why the other was feeling so weird about the situation. They agreed that they were still friends and he wouldn't mind seeing his friend at a party. "You can come if you want to."

Breathing a sigh of relief, Kellin nodded even if Vic couldn't see him, "Thanks Vic." Kellin's smile slowly faded when he heard someone in the background of Vic's call. "Were you busy? I didn't mean to interrupt you if you had plans or something."

Vic was quick to hush whoever was there making the noise in the background, "No, you're fine. I just have a- friend over is all. We weren't doing anything important. You know I always have time for you and your wonderfulness, Kellin." That's when Kellin knew something was up, Vic only teased him like that when he wanted to change the subject.

"Well, that's it really. I'll let you get back to whatever it was that you guys were doing. I'll see you soon." He rubbed his forehead, his face contorting slightly in discomfort as he spoke. "Have fun." He tapped the end button before Vic could reply to him.

Kellin knew Vic well enough to know when he was simply making excuses, and it was none of Kellin's business what he was doing with whoever was over, but it still made him shift uncomfortably to think that Vic might have been able to replace him so easily. They had been together for so long and had only called it off a short time ago. Yet, he still didn't understand why he was letting himself get all worked up over it, they were done, Vic had every right to pursue whoever he wanted. This also meant that he could too.

Going to a party alone wasn't really Kellin's style, he was always the shy one in the the relationship. It was a rare sight to find him at large social events, and even the rare occasions it happened were because Vic was with him. This thought was enough to put Kellin in a slight fit of nervousness about showing up. Could he really expect the rest of Vic's family to still be as accepting as Mike still was? That was when Kellin decided he'd ask one of his friends to come with him, just so he had someone to talk to while he was there.

Most of his close friends knew what had happened by now, so it would save him some awkward explaining about what was going on. He figured his best friend, Matty, would be the best place to start. He was the guy Kellin could turn to and ask him for a favor without hearing too many questions in return. They had known each other long enough at this point to know better than to question the situations.

Kellin picked up his phone once again and clicked Matty's name, pressing it to his ear and waiting. It seems he was talking on the phone more today than he normally did in a week.

"Kellin, my man." Came the response after Matty answered almost right away. "How have you been hanging since everything?" Typical Matty.

"I'm alright, Matt." Kellin responded quickly, not in the mood to talk about it at the moment. Despite explaining how he wanted out of the relationship as well as Vic, everyone seemed to bent on asking how he was. "I actually wanted to ask you for a huge favor."

"You know whatever it is I'm probably going to wind up saying yes." Matty chuckled on the other end, drawing a small laugh from Kellin as well. He knew if there was anyone he could count on right now it'd be him.

After explaining what was going on to Matty, the other agreed to go with Kellin to the party. Mostly because Matty claims he hadn't been to a good party in quite some time, and he'd never turn down the chance to have a good time. The other part was because Kellin was his best friend and he wouldn't make him brave it alone regardless.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had so much inspiration for this story lately, hope you guys are liking it so far. I'll admit this chapter was a little slow but it'll get better soon!

Also, I have two new stories I'm working on right now. One I'm helping co-write and the other being my own, both are Mike Fuentes love stories so if you're interested you should give them a look.