Status: I'm back, lovelies~

Bad Decisions

Bruised Egos and Broken Hearts

The high that Kelllin was riding that night was unbelievable, it was almost hard to believe that it had actually been him doing that to Vic. The confidence had been just radiating off of him in waves, which is what probably threw Vic off the most. Vic had been so accustomed to the timid and introverted side that had been so prominent over the past few years, breaking out of his shell like that had been a brilliant idea as far as he was concerned. Though, he could tell that Vic's ego had been knocked down quite a few notches after he caved into Kellin so easily. Not that Kellin really considered it a lost, Vic had been acting so superior to him over the last few weeks, it was nice to see how the positions looked reversed.

Unfortunately for Kellin, that high he was riding didn't last much longer after that night. It seemed like his actions took much more of a toll on Vic that Kellin had even thought he was possible of causing. At least, that's what it had sounded like when Mike called him the next morning to bitch him out for what he did.

"You're taking this way too far, Kellin." Had been the greeting he had received when he answered his phone, there was a small part of him that considered just hanging up the phone without even hearing what Mike was talking about. There was nothing worse than dealing with a pissed off Mike. "What exactly was that stunt you pulled last night?"

In all honesty, Kellin didn't really think that Vic would admit what had happened last night to anyone, let alone Mike. It seemed like he had taken a huge blow after Kellin screwed with him the way he did. Not to mention, the brothers had seemed to be butting heads when it came down to 'we can still be friends' debate, especially since Vic was convinced that Mike would ultimately take Kellin's side over his any day. Yet, Mike was still Vic's brother, and while he was all for making Vic feel like the ass he acted like, something about Kellin's actions had really pushed Vic too far. That's when Mike had to step in.

"Mike relax. I was just making him squirm a bit, I didn't do anything too bad to him." Unless they were taking Vic's pride into consideration, because if they were, Kellin could see why Mike would be so upset. "I'm really surprised he even told you about what happened, he seemed kinda embarrassed afterwards."

There was a silence on the other end, followed by a deep sigh. Clearly, Mike wasn't happy with Kellin at the moment, and he really needed to start taking this conversation more seriously. This wasn't a situation he could joke his way through.

"Kellin, you know Vic was seeing Jaime. The fact that you'd even think about doing something like that- it's not right, and it certainly isn't like you." The way Mike chided him, like he was a child, frustrated Kellin greatly. He didn't seem to have a problem with Kellin trying to get Vic back before. Why was now any different?

"What does Jaime have to do with any of this? I didn't do anything to fuck with their relationship last night." Kellin was quick to defend himself, he couldn't even remember if he had spoken to Jaime since they had first met at that party Vic had brought him to. After that, he was sure the two of them never made anymore contact.

"Clearly you're not getting this." There had never been a time before now that Mike had sounded so upset with him, mad even. Things were always so lighthearted and easy for the two of them. Right now, it was like dealing with an entirely different person, one who didn't consider Kellin a close friend. "Vic broke up with Jaime because of what you did."

That statement was enough to stun him into a silence, it weighed heavy on him, almost like it was crushing his chest. However, he couldn't fight a small twisted part of him that knew this was what he had wanted all along. Vic didn't want Jaime anymore, which meant he could want Kellin again. It was wrong to think like that, he knew it, but the small giddiness just wouldn't quit.

"Why did he do that?" Kellin questioned, finally managing to find his voice once again. He emotions were far too mixed to know what exactly his mood was at the moment. Curious was definitely at the top of the possibilities. "We didn't even- talk last night. We barely even acknowledged each other."

"Oh he knew you were there, believe me. Since you decided to go all fucking seductress on my brother last night, he's been a mess. He came over here after he left the bar, told me what happened, then he told me that he dumped Jaime." Kellin flinched at the tone of Mike's voice, even if it was on the other end of the phone. He could picture all the anger etched into the male's usually calm face.

"I sill don't get it, why did he do it? Why did what happen change anything?" Kellin rubbed at his temples, feeling like they were starting to talk in circles. He had gotten that much already, Kellin fucks with Vic, Vic acts all weird, dumps Jaime, and now Mike is pissed off with Kellin.

"Don't you understand by now that he still loves you? Vic never stopped having feelings for you, Kellin. That's why you need to stop playing this stupid game with him, it's not a game anymore." The anger seemed to fade from him, a softer tone taking it's place instead. "All you did last night was prove to him that he wasn't over you yet. That's why he got so upset."

This was all getting to be way too much for Kellin, this had been exactly what he had been hoping for when this whole thing started. There was still feelings left between them, which meant they had to be worth exploring, right? Why else would Vic dump Jaime?

"Where is Vic?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is short and took so long. I've had so much going on, but I'm back.