Status: I'm back, lovelies~

Bad Decisions

Mending the Broken

Kellin had been quick the finish the conversation with Mike after he learned that Vic was sulking away in the confines of his bedroom. The initial shock of hearing what exactly he had done was beginning to fade, and there was a slight edge of guilt creeping in. All he had wanted was to have Vic want him again, this selfishness may have just led to the heartbreak of the one person he loved. There was no clear indications of what exactly he was expecting to happen when he saw Vic, maybe he could talk some sense into him. If he apologize and explained himself, Vic could call Jaime and explain it was all a mistake. It would be throwing away everything he worked for, Vic might hate him, but it'd be worth it if Vic could be happy again.

It didn't take long for Kellin to reach Vic's small comfy home, he did happen to know the way by heart. So many late nights had been spent behind that door, so many conversations shared. The dread he felt for this one was like a cement block settling deep within him. There was no telling how Vic would react to this news, the news that Kellin had basically sabotaged his relationship for person gain. It hadn't started to maliciously, but this is where he found himself.

"Time to man the fuck up, Kellin." He tried to build the courage to simply get out of the car. This wasn't about him and he knew it. "You're doing this for Vic."

With that final boost, Kellin found himself approaching Vic's front door. His footsteps grew heavier and heavier the closer he got, endless thoughts ran through his head about how this could go down. There wasn't time for second guessing as he reached the door at this point and his hand almost involuntarily reached up to knock on the door a few time. Half of him held hope that maybe Vic really wasn't here, that he would have to come back later or even tomorrow to do this.

Luck didn't seem to be on his side, as the door swung open moments later. A disheveled and clearly run down Vic stood before him, it seemed like he didn't get much sleep last night. Kellin's gut twisted in guilt and hurt, he didn't want to believe that he had played a part in doing this to him, his Vic.

"Kellin? What are you doing here?" There was no telling if the surprise on his face was due to Kellin unexpectedly showing up on his doorstep, or the fact that he actually looked like the old Kellin. He had ditched that new look he had been wearing in favor of his old clothes, he wanted to show Vic that he wasn't here to play any more games, it was time for him to come clean about everything.

"We need to talk and I really didn't want to have this conversation over the phone, so here I am." He explained with an awkward shrug, rubbing the back of his neck as he spoke. In all his worrying, he didn't really plan on how exactly he would bring this up to him.

Without a word Vic stepped aside and made room for Kellin to get inside. Despite his messy appearance, Vic's house was a spotless as always. They'd always bump heads when it came to each other's cleaning habits, as Kellin was much more relaxed in that aspect.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Vic asked, breaking Kellin from his reminiscing. He took a seat on the couch, encouraging Kellin to take the seat next to him. Accepting the offer, Kellin took a seat on the far side of the cushion, giving Vic the proper space he needed.

"Mike called me this morning, he told me that you broke things off with Jaime." It all came out as a big rush, Kellin wanted to get it all out before he lost his nerve to do so. There was no reading the expression on Vic's face after he said this.

"I don't know what it is that Mike told you about what happened between Jaime and I, but things just weren't going to work out between us. I-i wasn't fully committed to him, and that's not fair." Vic explained, his eyes looking at his lap as he played with his own fingers. It was killing Kellin to see the way Vic looked so broken, he wasn't even able to look Kellin in the eye. Things were really starting to take their toll on him.

"Mike told me that you broke up with him because you still loved me." Those words were enough to snap Vic's head in his direction, he could tell that Vic wasn't expecting Mike to have told Kellin something like that. Normally Mike wouldn't have, but the circumstances were a little different this time around. He was just trying to get things right between the two of them. "Is that true, do you still love me?"

Vic was quiet, his eyes trying to figure out what Kellin was thinking. He could see it, those deep browns searching and analyzing like he did whenever he was afraid. The answer had already come out before Vic even opened his mouth. "Yeah, I do. I love you so much Kellin, it's been driving me crazy. I thought I could move on, but it didn't work." Vic seemed almost ashamed of this confession, his tone was almost harsh and bitter.

"I still love you too." Kellin assured him, reaching out to take Vic's hand in his own. " I've missed you so much Vic, you have no idea." He shook his head, Vic probably wouldn't imagine the things Kellin had been pulling to get Vic back in his life. He wasn't exactly proud of his behavior over the last month or so.

"What?" Vic look incredibly taken off guard by this, not that Kellin could really blame him for it, things had been so confusing, complicated, and most of stressful for the pair ever since they broke things off. Kellin especially had been making all this much more difficult than it had to be with his little stunts he had been pulling, and he had no one to blame but himself for it. "But, I thought you didn't want to be with me anymore, you've been acting so- weird."

Kellin sighed knowing he was going to have to explain everything to him, he could only hope that he'd at least try to understand what he had done. "Look Vic, there's something I really have to tell you." He took a deep breath, holding onto Vic's hand a little tighter. "The reason I've been acting so weird is because I've been trying to get you back. I thought if I started doing things that made you worry about me then you'd want to get involved in my life, then you'd want to be with me and not Jaime."

There was a long silence that over took the room, it unnerved Kellin with each passing second. Things were sinking in for Vic, he was trying to wrap his head around the idea that Kellin could come up with something so devious and just inconsiderate. "You really did something like that? To me of all people? I can't fucking believe this." Vic stood up from the couch, taking his hand back from Kellin. It was clear he was angry about this, his eyes narrowing at Kellin.

"I know it sounds bad, but just hear me out Vic. You had moved on so fast, I didn't know how to deal with it. I just wanted you to love me again." Kellin stood up as well, just about pleading with Vic to listen to what it was he had to say. "We made a mistake breaking up, we didn't need to leave each other, we just needed to find a way to bring that spark back. That's what I've been trying to do. Do you understand?" He stepped to the other, reaching to take his hand again.

"No Kellin I don't understand. I don't understand why did this at all, what you did was selfish. You didn't care about anyone else's feelings but your own." Vic walked to his front door and pulled it open, Kellin knew what was coming next. "It's time for you to go Kellin, I need time to think about you did. I just don't know where I stand right now?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so sorry! I promise I didn't mean to go away for so long. I know you guys are probably so over this.