‹ Prequel: Dark Paradise
Status: the long awaited finale to this saga is finally coming!

Without You

one.

TJ pulled his head out of his hands and looked up at the doctor, “I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“At this point, I can only confirm a twenty-five percent chance of waking; even if she were to wake up, there is a great chance that there will be permanent memory loss. To keep her under to successfully stop all the internal bleeding, we had to use a very high dosage of sedative.”

The hockey player felt his face pale. There were words he tried to say, his mouth opening and closing several times, but nothing came out. He couldn’t formulate any kind of cohesive sentence; how was it possible that Emma could die? How could this possibly happening to him? The divorce was nearly settled with Kayla and TJ was going to finally be able to work on reuniting his family.

The doctor moved to leave the room but not without dropping a comforting hand on TJ’s shoulder and sighing, “You are still named as executor of the will, Mr. Oshie. Please keep that in mind, as we will be needing an answer from you shortly. The coexecutor has just informed us of their arrival tomorrow morning.”

TJ could not believe what he just heard. Even after his infidelity, the divorce, and years apart, Emma had never removed TJ’s name from her will. As the initial shock wore off, TJ felt a warm sensation fill his chest. Deep down inside, Emma had always known TJ would make the right decision should she ever find herself in this kind of decision. However, the thought of who the coexecutor may be had slowly crept into his mind.

He ran a hand through his unruly blonde hair and moved his chair right next to the bed. TJ gripped his ex wife’s cold, nearly death like hand, and pressed a warm kiss against the back of it. “I am so sorry this happened to you.” He mumbled, his lips still pressed against her hand, “You don’t deserve this. If you leave, what is going to happen to our boy? I’m practically a stranger to him; every boy needs their mother growing up. You can’t leave us. I still need you.”

The sun had yet to rise as TJ slowly began to wake up. The feeling of a warm body beside him brought a smile to his face. He dropped a kiss on her bare shoulder as she wiggled in closer to his chest. It was their first wedding anniversary and the Oshie’s had spent the evening celebrating their love and passion for one another. They were just two swore bodies, unwilling to leave the comfort of their bed knowing there was a long day of paperwork ahead of them before any more anniversary celebrations could continue.

“I know you’re awake.” TJ laughed, gently tucking a piece of hair behind his wife’s ear.

Emma squeezed her eyes shut and burrowed her face into his chest, “No I’m not... I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

TJ tried to pull away slowly but was met with soft moaning whine from the brunette beside him, “Come on babe, we have to get this will nonsense taken care of. Then we can spend the rest of the day in bed together.”

“I don’t want to.” Emma whined, finally opening her eyes and basking in what was the beauty of her husband, “If I die, you can take all my money and buy a really nice house; something like you’d see on HGTV.”

“Let’s not think about you dying, alright?” TJ felt chills run down his spine at the thought of Emma laying in a casket, her skin cold as ice.

Emma ignored her husband and continued to rattle off the things she wanted, “and if I’m attached to one of those machines that keeps me alive, just pull the plug. Don’t drag out my life if I can’t even be conscious to enjoy it. I don’t know if I want a funeral or to be cremated but you should definitely have a huge party afterward... you know, to celebrate my life. Have someone cool perform, like Foo Fighters or something. Whatever you do, make sure they play that Best of You Song.”

TJ shut her up in the only way possible, his lips covering hers. After a second of shock and struggle, Emma melted into the kiss, pulling away with a smile on her face. TJ couldn’t help but drop another quick kiss on her lips before asking her politely shut up, “Stop talking, please. Nothing is going to happen to you; I’ll be here, keeping you safe, understand? You have nothing to worry about.”


The hockey player shook the memory from his mind. He had never been so wrong in his life; TJ wasn’t there for her... he wasn’t there to keep her safe and now he was about to lose her forever in a way he could have never imagined. 

♠ ♠ ♠
sooooo this took me way longer than i expected. hope you guys are still interested. maybe only one or two parts left to this before closing out this saga completely. i love you guys who have stuck through and i'm sorry for keeping you waiting for so long.