‹ Prequel: Family Affair

Tragic Affair

Tragic Affair

"Good," I nodded slowly with a smile. "Alright, so let's get going."

"Alright!"

“Jimmy, stop,” Montana whined as he picked her up, walking waist deep in the water. “It’s fucking cold.”

“Stop whining, Montana,” I laughed from the shore.

"I can't help it, it's so cold," she laughed, I smiled slightly as Jimmy dunked her under the water laughing hard.

"Oh poor girl," I chuckled.

“Jimmy!” She came back up, flustered and hit his shoulder. “You jerk!”

“You know I love you,” He said softly, raising her to eye level as they kissed.

"I love you too," she whispered, giving into his romance. "I'm sorry for calling you a jerk."

"I'm sorry for dunking you," he laughed softly.

"Hey," Warren sat down beside me.

"Hello," I grinned at him. "Why aren't you in the water with your sister?"

“I don’t like the beach right now,” He leaned back and sighed.

“Why?” I asked.

“Remind me of Zachary.”

"Oh," I nodded slowly as I stared out at the water. "It reminds me of him too."

"I'm sorry about everything," he said softly. "You know, about having to find him."

"Either way baby, my heart would have nearly gave out with the news," I said softly, that's how I had my heart attack, well my first one. I had found Zachary.

“I guess so,” He shrugged and looked over to Jimmy and Montana. “Ewww.”

“What is it?” I looked over and made a face in disgust and shock. "That's nasty."

"I think I lost my appetite," he laughed as he looked away. "I'm going to go drown myself now."

"You better not," I warned him as he stood up and laughed. "Warren…"

"Chill Aunt Alex, I'm not going to actually do it."

“I wouldn’t go near that water anyway,” Kayci chimed in. “Those two are practically fucking.”

“Almost,” I nodded, staring at Jimmy pull at Montana’s bikini.

"Or not…"

"Jimmy," I said loudly. "Don't have sex in the water or I'll skin you alive, son."

"Oh," he pulled away and helped Montana fix her bikini. "Sorry Alex!"

“You better be,” I chuckled, Cory skipping over with a picnic basket as Zacky carried Ana.

"I am," he grinned as he and Montana walked out of the water, I smiled softly and leaned back, Rylynn walked over and sat beside me, lying on my stomach with her head.

"Hey baby," I whispered rubbing her hair.

"Hi momma," she smiled. “How are you feeling?”

“Pretty good,” I nodded, Cory handing out sandwiches.

"That's good," she smiled as she grabbed two sandwiches, one for me and one for her. "You hungry?"

"Not really but I'll eat," I grinned as she giggled. "Why are you giggling Ry?"

"Daddy's behind you," she giggled, I looked up and Zacky pretended to be scratching his head.

“Don’t think you can get me, Mr. Baker,” I scolded. “I know you too well.”

“Maybe,” He looked away to Cory, who was about to attack me as well.

“You either, Mrs. Baker.”

"Damn it," she mumbled, I grinned and pointed to my right. "You either Brian."

"How did you—"

"Matt I swear to God if you tickle me…"

"How?"

"I'm just that good—" I stopped and glared. "Jimmy…"

“It’s not me,” He shrugged in front of me as someone tackled me from behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment