New in Town

Feelings

Amethyst
I glared at Happy and the girl that was in his lap. I wasn't completely sure why I was mad about it. Hell, I wasn't even with him. It was just something deep in me that liked him, and I didn't even want to say that I did. I didn't need to deal with another person, especially if I was this much of a mess from just seeing him with another person.

I turned on my heels and went back to the room. I was going to bother with it at least not right at that moment. I sat on the bed with my back pressed against the headboard. I brought my knees up to my chest, tearing to keep tears from falling out. I couldn't let myself why I was so mad at Happy. That girl might have been his girlfriend, and I was just some fool for having a weird feeling for him.

"Do you just really like my room?" a voice asked, causing me to look up. Juice stood in the doorway. He looked at me with a small smile.

"Well, not really, but I didn't know where else to go," I replied, returning a smile back at him.

"You know that's not his girlfriend. He's not with anyone," he informed me. "He's just an idiot."

I looked at him strangely. There was something about his words that made me want to listen to him, but at the same time want to ignore him. "What are you talking about?" I asked, acting dumb.

"I'm talking about how you glared daggers at Happy and that crow-eater just a few minutes ago. It's pretty clear what's going through your mind," he said, coming to sit down next to me.

I looked at him and slightly wanted to tell him that he was an idiot. Then the fact that he was right was something that bothered more. I shouldn't let myself worry about another guy especially after Boyd.

Just remembering my ex brought up all the memories of what happened. I wanted to scream and cry until the pain of them left, but it was never going to go away it seems like. Now, that there was another guy that was making me think about someone other than that monster, and they were spending their free time with whatever a crow-eater was.

"You know I have been curious about something," Juice said distracting me slightly.

"What?" I asked, looking over at him.

"What happened to you in Chicago? Lyall told me that you weren't treated so well, but I think it is something more," he said. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

I sighed heavily, not sure what I should do. I honestly didn't want to talk too much about it, but I knew at some point I would have to talk about it to someone.

"Let's just say that I had an asshole of an ex-boyfriend to the point that I needed to get away from him," I said lamely. I couldn't bring myself to tell him the whole story.

Juice just looked at me. It was slightly clear that he wanted to push for more, but he knew that was all he was going to get from me. "I'm sorry to hear that, but Happy is a pretty good guy. Just slightly intimidating," he said, wrapping an arm around me.

He hugged me into his side gently. I hesitated at first but eventually gave into him. Leaning into him, I breathed in his faint cologne. There was something comforts about Juice that was easy to like. Then I could probably say the same about Happy to a bigger degree as hard-edged as he was.

"Thanks," I muttered pulling away from him slightly. "I think I'm going to get me some water."

I got up and started walking towards the door. The thought of seeing Happy with the girl crossed my head, but I tossed it out, not letting it get to me.

"Your ex is an idiot. I mean, whoever hurt you is a fool," Juice called out to me, keeping me in the room.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, because you are beautiful and you are just the sweetest person I know. Anyone who hurts you is a fool that you shouldn't waste your time on," he said, standing up. He gave me a warm smile as he opened the door and let me walk out first.

I didn't know what to say to Juice. I have never heard a guy tell me something like that. It made me slightly shocked. I walked into the main room of the building. No one really noticed me except for Lyall and Happy. The girl wasn't I. His lap anymore, but staring at him.

Deciding to not say anything to him, I went over and got me a bottle of water out of the fridge. I didn't know what to think about Happy or about what Juice told me even though it was incredibly sweet. I smiled at Lyall, letting her know that everything was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel really bad for not updating this, but I havent had good connection to the internet on my computer. I wrote this on my iPad which is kind of bothersome for me, but I'm doing this for you guys. I'm sorry for the seriously late update and hope you forgive me. My co-writer and I will try to keep up with this as much as we can. Please forgive me on the lateness of this.