Days Are Gone

two.

“…and then just like that he ran out of the shop. Like what the hell?” Este huffed angrily, ending her rant around the odd coffee encounter she had. The sound of soft cries from the baby monitor echoed in the kitchen causing Este to hop down from her stool, “I’ll get him.”

The brunette made her way through the well-decorated apartment, taking a moment to admire the work. The soft cries got louder as Este approached he nursery. As she lifted Liam into her arms, she heaved. “I swear Mr. Liam, you must have gained like, twenty pounds overnight.” Este laughed to herself as she dried his tears with her thumb and pressed a kiss to his head.

Quinn was still in the kitchen, her arms folded across her chest as she stared out the window down to the courtyard garden. “You didn’t give him your number or anything, did you?”
Este frowned, “No, I was thinking about it but like I said, he took off before anything could really happen.”

The blonde nodded and felt a few pounds lift off her shoulders; As much as she loved her friend dearly, Quinn knew a man was the last thing that Este needed to deal with. “Good... listen, when James gets back from practice, why don’t we head back to your place and unpack a few of those boxes?”

“I just picked up a really cool coffee table from Ikea, think James would be to put that together for me?” Este asked, bouncing Liam on her legs.

Quinn sighed, “I’m sure he could probably put it together with his eyes closed.”

A few hours later, James Neal returned home to find Este sitting on the living room floor with his son watching television. The brunette smiled and stood up, scooping Liam up in her arms, before making her way to the entryway to greet James. The hockey player brushed her off quickly, not even bothering to take his son from her arms the way he usually would. He hurried down the hall to find Quinn in her office, typing away at her computer. Este was taken aback by James’s attitude. It seemed so unlike him to just brush her off; just yesterday they were piss drunk together laughing about how much they hated southern accents.

Quinn nearly jumped out of her skin as the office door flew open. She yelped and placed a hand over her heart as she saw her fiancé standing behind her. “Holy shit, are you trying to fucking kill me?”

James gave her an apologetic smile, “Sorry, I just… I think we have a problem.”

“You think I don’t know that?” Quinn leaned forward in her chair and buried her face in her hands.

Before James was able to get another word out, there was a soft knock on the doorframe, “Everyone okay in here? If you guys don’t want to unpack today it’s no big deal. I’m pretty sure I can manage on my own; I’ll just wait on the coffee table until another day.”

James cringed slightly at the thought of the coffee table, “Why don’t we just hang here and do your apartment stuff tomorrow? I lost the shootout at the end of practice so I have to host the whole team tomorrow for lunch. I’m sure a few of those guys would be more than willing to help out a pretty lady such as yourself.”

“You’re joking right?” Quinn shot James a look of pure anger.

Este couldn’t help but giggle as she watched the color drain from his face. Who would have thought that the big bad hockey player was easily frightened by his fiancé? “Come on, Quinny! It’ll be fun. Aren’t you the one who is always saying I need to meet new people? This is the perfect opportunity.”

Several blocks away, Kris Letang, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Brandon Sutter were waiting for the elevator to bring them up to their captain’s apartment. Kris could hardly stand still as he and his teammates just stood around. Marc looked at his friend with a questioning look, “What bug crawled up your ass?”

“Nothing... I’m fine.” Kris snapped.

Brandon raised an eyebrow with an amused look on his face, “Are you sure about that? Seems like you’re feeling pretty anxious about something.”

“It couldn’t possibly be about a certain nanny you met this morning, could it?” Marc jabbed, “I hear she’s a very pretty lady.”

“A nanny,eh? The only guy I know that has a nanny is Nealer… ” Brandon chimed in, laughing, “I’ve heard she’s pretty hot, if you’re into brunettes that is.”

Kris sighed as they stepped out of the elevator, “I met her this morning and was such an ass when I left; worst first impression ever.”

Marc threw his arm around Kris and smiled, “Don’t worry, my friend, tomorrow it’ll be as if you had never met.”
♠ ♠ ♠
love you all.
if anyone knows which movie i got the idea for this story from, message me so i can love you even more. don't put it in the comments because that's no fun for everyone else! :3